Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    Traveler Jessee is offline Jessee's Avatar
    Aragoth: The Dark King

Aragoth: The Dark King

[center:10i7tgvg]Aragoth: The Dark King[/center:10i7tgvg]

In the days of old King Vell killed the Dwarf King Ungar Stonebeard and claimed the lands of Kernn for his own. King Vell remained the King of Kernn for almost 60 years. He was known as King Vell the Gentle by the end of his rein for his outstanding treatment of the dwarfs of the land, and to his own subjects. For awhile the Dwarfs and Humans co-existed in harmony. When King Vell passed away of old age many gathered and morned the death of a great man, and a better king. His only son succeeded him, King Grahn. King Grahn had a dark secret, he despised the Dwarfs with every fiber in his body. Soon after his crowning he lead a bloody campaign to rid his lands of the Dwarfs. Many died both Human and Dwarf alike over the years of fighting. The fighting ended with one battle near the West Wall Mountains, it was known as the Red Field after it was done. The Dwarfs were forced into the mountains and have never been heard from again since those days.
    King Grahn remained king for 40 years, until one night his son Baelmont killed him in his sleep and claimed the throne for himself. Now this King Baelmont has his eyes on something bigger. After buying many highly skilled wizards, Dragon Knights, and many, many men he invaded Vellgin and quickly over threw King Wess who was forced into hiding. Now King Wess hides in a palace hidden by magic near the Grand Marsh's with nature cover from fog he has sent out carriers to seek out the best of the best to make a task force to help him in his time of need. He said he would take anyone and everyone who was willing to aid him, he would even pay if he had too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Wess sat in his chair at the end of one large rectangular table that had chairs along the sides of it. He was uneasy and he felt queasy. Today was the day his "aids" were supposed to show up. He had a buffet of food that filled the table. From roast pig to cow, and the best fruits of the lands. He fiddled his thumbs as he slowly grew more anxious by the second. He was a tall stern man in his 40's. A well toned man from years of training, and many wars with the lowly rebels of the land who dare threaten his peace. His hair was brown that was slightly graying, it reached the bottom of his ears and it was neatly combed. He had dull brown eyes that shown his anxiety and stress.
    Next to him was his head servant Toag, a elder man but still well fit for fighting even at his age. He was tall and slender with an aged face. Toag saw his King fidgeting and heard his sighs.

"My King, do not worry so much. They will be here shortly, you must keep a good appearance for them." Toag said as he leaned over.
    "I know, I know, but I still can't help the fact that my Kingdom is at stake." King Wess replied with a sigh, he was really wondering if anyone would show up or if the carriers got to their destinations without being captured by the invading army of King Baelmont. He was slowly growing restless.
    "They will be here shortly my King, give it time, show some patience." Toag went on.
    "Quiet Toag, I do not need your comments." King Wess said with a wave of his hand.
    "Forgive me my King." Toag said with a curt bow then remained silent.
    ...to the topTop

Re: [IC] Aragoth: The Dark King

Arkvid and Veon walked side by side both dressed in the same robes, they were lead by a man who was sent to them by King Wess, who is in great need because of the recent invasion by King Baelmont. They were lead down many halls and corridors until they came to a large wooden door. The carrier pushed the door open with ease and Arkvid and Veon walked in, the carrier remained on the other side of the door and did not come inside. The King was seated who stood up when they walked in.

"Welcome to my palace, please be seated and help youself to the food, im sure you are weary from travle." The King siad. "But first if you would tell me who you are."

"I am Arkvid of the Black Order, this is my partner Veon, of the Black order, we are here to help you." Arkvid said before seating himself far away from the meats. While Veon sat next to the cow and took a large portion and began eating it with delight.

"Very well Arkvid, and Veon the help is most appreciated even if you are lowly criminals, but you do not have my trust. Cross me and you will die. Others should be here soon so please enjoy the food." King Wess said with a stong stern voice.

Arkvid choose to say nothing else on the matter, instead he indulged on an apple. While Veon feasted on the meats. The servant that was standing next to the king had an odd look about his face as he watched Veon eat the meat.

"I thought Elves were vegetarians." He said after a moment of silence.

"Indeed they are, but hes just different than most." Arkvid said with a smile, with a glare from Veon.
    ...to the topTop

Thomas

Thomas sighed as he followed the princess down the halls of the castle towards her father's war room. Her father was King Baelmont and Thomas was assigned to be the princess's bodyguard. His duty meant following her where ever she went to make sure she remained safe even if he didn't think eavesdropping on the king was wise.

One of these days he is going to catch you.

...to the topTop

Princess Cassandra

Princess Cassandra glared at Thomas as they neared the war room.

Yeah if you give us away by complaining.

She replied. It probably wasn't wise to spy on her father but it was the only way she knew what was going on. Her father thought she was pretty much useless to him since she wasn't boy. She was supposed to smile and look pretty. If her grandfather hadn't insisted she'd be educated, she probably wouldn't even know how to read. She missed her grandfather she thought and held her finger up to Thomas to be quiet so they could overhear what was going on.
    ...to the topTop

King Baelmont sat in his throne at the end of a large rectangular table, around the table sat his top advisors, and his generals. King Baelmont was in his early 30's. He was a tall and stern man, with dark black hair and eyes to match. His eyes shown his true nature, cold, heartless and truly vile.

"My King, we have taken over Vellgin as planned. We are searching for King Wess right now and we plan on finding him soon enough." A General said.

"Very good General, and are my preperations set up?" Baelmont siad, as he was looking over the maps of the land. His voice deep and rich.

"Yes my King, your daughter is to marry Riolnn after the next full moon." An Advisor Answered.

"Good, with Riolnn's assistance I should gain support from the Magistairium wizards. And how long is our next attack going to have to wait?" King Balemont asked.

"We should be ready to invade Vella within the month my King." Another General Answered.

"Very good, Dismissed until tomorrow." King Baelmont said with a wave of his hand. The Generals and Advisors were making their way to the door.
    ...to the topTop

Princess Cassandra

Princess Cassandra covered her mouth so her father and his advisors couldn't hear her gasp when she heard him saying she would marrying Riolnn after the next full moon.

I can't marry him! I'm not going to marry him!

She whispered to Thomas. How dare her father even think he could tell her to marry someone? She didn't even know Riolnn and she was in love with Thomas. Not that her father knew that.
    ...to the topTop

Thomas

You're right, you're not.

Thomas told Cassandra, he loved Cassandra and he wasn't going to let her father marry her off to someone just to expand his kingdom. He heard the generals and advisors walking towards the door and grabbed her arm.

We'll talk about it later.

He said and motioned for her to walk down the hallway away from the war room so that King Baelmont wouldn't know they were listening in on his plans. He made sure he wasn't touching her though so anyone seeing them would just think the princess had decided to go for a walk.
    ...to the topTop

Princess Cassandra

Princess Cassandra nodded her head to Thomas. The last thing she needed was for one of her father's advisors to see her right outside the war room. She already knew there was no way she was going to marry someone just so her father could expand his kingdom. She quickly walked next to Thomas before anyone left the room. To anyone seeing them, it would look like she had been bored and decided to go for a walk.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Havric was busy at his home testing a new spell that he had come across in the spellbooks. One that would turn water into a temporary shield against an attack. He was only having success with it about 70% of the time. And it was annoying him as the water fell to the ground when it wasn't working.
    ...to the topTop

The carrier ran as fast as his feet could carry him across the flat land, he followed the directions to the world and followed the land marks until he came upon the destination. A small house, out back was a man who appeared to have dumped water over and looked frustrated. The carrier slowly approached with waving hand catching his breath along the way.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast