Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    Guild Wars RP OOC Discussion Thread

Guild Wars RP OOC Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Guild Wars RP Forum!

As you would expect, this game is based on the Guild Wars universe. You are not required to own or play the game to join this storyline, but the universe is a relatively complex one, so you would need to familiarize yourself with the world to some degree to be able to participate.

We are keeping the RP to canon locations, races, etc., however the plot will be unique and will not directly follow any of the games. We will try not to give away major chunks of story from the games, since we understand that players are at different points, but do be aware that unintentional minor spoilers are possible and likely. If that would be a serious issue for you, you may want to avoid this storyline.

You are not required to play a character you play in the game, but we ask that you play original characters (one you made up yourself) rather than official characters (for example, Cynn, Devona, Mhenlo, etc.) as your primary. Official characters may appear as NPCs, however, and it's perfectly alright for your characters to interact with them and have connections to them.

Races other than human are allowed, as long as they are played in keeping with the Guild Wars setting in terms of behavior, backstory, and time period. However, the plot is likely to be somewhat human-centric, as the games are. If you want to play something other than human, it is your responsibility to figure out a reason your character would be involved in working with humans, not our responsibility to furnish a reason for you.

While your character is free to do whatever you like within reason, we're intending to have a main overarching plot to keep things focused.

That's about it for now.

Welcome to the RP!

Discuss.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

Re: Guild Wars RP OOC Discussion Thread

So tempted to bring one of my ladies over to this. Just a matter of picking one and getting my bloody muse to work.

A side note, for those who want a light hearted look at GW, this comic is a good route.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ROFLOL! Thanks for the link Mattson! I haven't the time to go through all of them, but they sure hit the mark!

MK - Check it out....you'll love it!

Poor Mara....*laughs*
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free

Matts, we would love to have you.

You are welcome to use more than one of your characters if you wish. There's no particular limit aside from what you have the time and inclination to write. So you only need to choose if you don't want to bring in a big crew.

I will definitely check out your link later on.

You all talk about this so much that it makes me want to join.
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)

Hehehehehe...

Well. That's an option. *gloms*

Sorry for my lack of activity in this. I can't seem to get my character bio off my laptop, and I've been struggling to motivate myself to redo it.

I really do want to get this RP going, though.

Anything I can do to help? (And is a "glom" the same thing as a "glomp?")

"Glomming" is like grabbing on and clinging. It would mean that if the person went away, they would be involuntarily bringing you with them. Not sure about a glomp.

I think all you can do at this point is:

1.) Care whether I work on it or not, which will make me feel motivated.

2.) Start thinking about your own character and/or reading up on the setting and/or throwing out plot ideas if you think you may want to play.

Or you can bug me on IMs about in, Sil. I've not beaten any one story so I can give you opening acts and how the classes feel rather well.

[highlight=#111111:2lttu9l0]I talked to my guild master/techie buddy and mentioned this thread to him. He mentioned being tempted at times to do back stories/bios for his characters and I suggested that he come here and do them. (figured it might sucker him into joining)[/highlight:2lttu9l0]

[highlight=#111111:2lttu9l0]Who knows tonight after I cause total chaos for my poor players, I might even get some postings done. It may be a nice change of pace. I so need a distraction from my blasted life.[/highlight:2lttu9l0]

[highlight=#111111:2lttu9l0]And MK, did you get to read any of that web comic yet? If the 'what Monks think of...' bit doesn't hook you as funny because its true, I'll be surprised. And I don't even play a monk. I tried once and just didn't care for them.[/highlight:2lttu9l0]

Wheeeeee, potential people!

And yes, I've been reading the comic. It's pretty hilarious.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast