Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Re: Shiverpeaks

Mara Dayne

Mara picked up Scar Eater when Anakita mentioned the other campfire. The Shiverpeaks seemed to be a popular place tonight, which surprised Mara. Only fools or those who know how to traverse the dangerous mountains stayed up here. And not everyone that can survive in the Shiverpeaks was someone you could call a friend.

With a quick prayer to both Dwayna and Grenth, Mara cast an enchantment spell, Aura of Faith over Anakita and Tallo. She indicated she was ready to follow them toward the other camp fire, prepared for a possible battle. She was accustomed to playing the supportive role, it was something she excelled at. Although she never looked forward to having to see friends and allies fall that she could not revive or heal. There was always a risk and Mara kept her feelings close to her own heart, never talking about it much.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

dhannon
    Gypsy

"Well, ladies, If we are going to brave the elements to try and save our kinsmen, we had best be moving."

Tallo had felt the presence of others nearby but did not believe the others to be hostile in any way. He had always preferred to work alone but was slowly starting to accept the fact that he could not save the entire world by himself, though often he nearly died trying.

"These fellow adventurers may very well be helpful" he thought to himself, though secretly hoping to avoid any needless conversation with strangers.

Ever since the searing, Tallo had found it very difficult to get close to anyone and was more comfortable communing with spirits than making new friends. The few people that he did call friends were more like a family to him and there was never any desire to meet any new faces. As a rule, other humans annoyed him.

"This really ought to be an interesting journey, don't you think?" He whispered to Mara.

"If you can keep our new friends huge cat from chasing your minions we might just make it!"
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

Anakita took the lack of dissent about investigating the nearby camp as an agreement to do so. She stood, whistled softly for Azh, and stalked off in the direction of the fire she had spotted. It didn't seem to matter to her whether or not the others followed her.

As usual, she tread lightly, walking quietly between the lightly snow-encrusted trees. She made almost no sound as she moved, and there was both a swiftness and a caution in her gait.

Once they were in sight of the camp, she called out to the occupant. Azh waited obediently behind her, anticipating a signal of what Anakita wanted her to do. The Ranger's bow was in her hand, but still no arrow was drawn.

"We come in peace," Anakita informed the general area. "Assuming that you do."
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Mara Dayne

Mara walk along side Tallo, bringing up the rear from Anakita. The ranger had taken lead toward the camp and Mara allowed her to do so. If there were trouble, Tallo would quickly assist. Smiting Monks were dangerous and often had no need for others in a group. It suited Talloís character very well Mara thought, as did the often times solo life of the Ranger did for Anakita.

Talloís words could not have been truer. It was indeed going to be an interesting trip. If Stefan or the children did not maintain the conversation, it was likely to be a quiet mission for them all. Mara could not help the slight bit of laughter that escaped her lips. As far as worrying about Azh, Mara knew there would be no issues. She had worked with Anakita a time or two out of Lionís Arch.

ďIt wonít be a problem. Azh is familiar with me; Iíve worked with Anakita a time or two.ĒMara replied softly with a hint of an amused smile on her face.

She griped her staff a little more tightly as they reached the edge of the camp. Mara would be prepared to protect and heal her fellow heroes, and if need be, she would fight using her Necro skills as well.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jacobi's mind was on the impending blizzard and was not expecting to hear a voice come from the direction of the other camp. He had forgotten all about it. His bow had been on his shoulder and was in his hands as he spun around at the voice.

His voice was deep as he answered, "Peace? I didn't know such a thing could exist in this land. If its not one thing its another driving people apart."

His eyes narrowed as he tried to see who was talking from the edge of his fire. He noted the lack of an arrow and lowered his own bow. "Assuming you are not an enemy as you say, then I also welcome the chance to give peace a try. And since you did have the drop on me and outnumber me, I'd say chances are good you are not an enemy."

His mouth turned into a slight smirk. "My name is Jacobi. I grew up in Kryta and left not long after I could. My travels have brought me back this way."

"Who are you?"
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

Anakita nodded twice as Jacobi spoke, first acknowledging that peace was a limited commodity, and then that they would indeed have the advantage over him in combat, should it come to a fight.

She was curious about why he had been so eager to leave Kryta behind. So many lands were in turmoil, and Kryta was no exception, with the constant threat of the undead, combined with civil unrest. Anakita wondered which side Jacobi was on, if indeed he had taken a side: White Mantle, or Shining Blade? That would certainly lead to a different reception. Or had he simply left because he was sick of being attacked by skeletons and ghouls all the time, with no concern about the political situation at all?

"I'm Anakita Snakecharm. From Ascalon." The Ranger gave her large cat an affectionate pat. "This is Azh."

She didn't mention that there were two young children back at camp, or that there was a warrior there to protect them. Such details would wait until she was sure Jacobi was trustworthy. Nor was there any other information she considered immediately relevant to Jacobi's question, so she left it at that.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jacobi's smile grew as she agreed they had the upper hand. "Unless I'm more then meets the eye." The fire seemed to give his eyes a twinkle as he said it.

He replied to her introduction, "Pleased to meet you Anakita" He looked down at the big cat, "And you Azh."

When she said she was from Ascalon, his face gave a painful look, "The northern invasion has really wrecked your great homeland. Much like the White Mantle and their Unseen ones have desecrated mine." He frowned at mentioning them and paused.

Then continued, "I was traveling with two others but they decided my views weren't to their liking. I tend to offer assistance to those that can't pay. They weren't the first." He wondered what kind of reception that would receive.

"There's a blizzard coming by the way. I imagine you know the telltale signs as well but just in case."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Mara Dayne

Mara exchanged a glance with Tallo, an eyebrow raised in curiosity and a bit of amusement. Apparently the two monks were better at stealth than the ranger herself, as their new guest had not acknowledged them or given them the chance to introduce themselves. It wasn't as if either of them was excited to start a new lengthy conversation, both were reserved for various reasons.

Mara dropped her protection enchantment around Anakita and Tallo and debated introducing herself. Finally, after a moment she decided she should introduce herself, Mara stepped out more into the light of the campfire. You would think that someone would want to know those with the ability to heal and protect, the thought made Mara suppress a giggle. Once she knew she could trust her voice, she introduced herself.

"Mara Dayne."

She looked at Tallo briefly, wondering if he would be inclined to introduce himself. She had no desire to converse any longer than necessary, but Tallo would likely leave the introductions to her.

"This is Tallo and that." Mara said with an amused grin at the giant sized Moss Spider descending behind Jacobi from the cover of the pines.

"That is Fang, please don't mistake her for the enemy."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jacobi had waited on the two monks to make themselves known. (( Their loud breathing had given them away after Anakita had spoken. They sounded like dwarfs and were lucky that none had been around that didn't like dwarfs. )) When Mara stepped into the light he turned and looked at her. His scar gave him a mean look that was offset by the good nature that shown in his eyes.

When Mara introduced herself and Tallo, he lowered his head to Mara, "Its an honor to meet you both. Mara, Tallo..." He offered to shake Tallo's hand.

He turned when she indicated Fang and the spider surprised him. He stepped backwards and closer to the others, "Fang is a different companion." His voice showed some fear for the first time. He was never a fan of spiders and this one was huge.

He swallowed and asked with an uncomfortable look at Fang, "So what brings you out here?"
    ...to the topTop

dhannon
    Gypsy

Tallo wondered why the women were so willing to discuss their current situation with a total stranger. In his travels, he had come to believe that people were either friend or foe. Rarely, if ever, did he make small talk with anyone or have use for them out of the context of enemy/companion.

"We are here on these harsh hills to try and find our countrymen, sir, and we are full aware of the impending storm."

His words to Jacobi had a tone that he knew would later spark up one of Mara's "Why cant we all just be friends" speeches, as he had come to think of them.

This "adventure", though, like any other that he started upon meant a great deal to him so he was not about to worry about being scolded by his little sister on this occasion.

"If you will run from the elements like a boy back to his nursemaid then step aside and make way for the adults."

"If you will come with us, be set to move, and dare not to place extra concern upon the women by harping about wind and snow."

"These are called the Shiverpeak Mountains, you know, and despite the "signs" of such that you spoke of, I can assure you that we will be meeting far worse creatures than Ms. Dayne's little friend here."

"If a little girl's pet spider makes you cringe, perhaps you should indeed be fleeing the blizzard and rethink your tread whilst on these lands."
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast