Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Re: [IC] Welbridge University

I'm late, I'm late! Jessica Alvieria thought as she scrambled around her small flat trying to get things prepared. Her bag was packed and sitting next to the door, all that was left was making sure her younger brother was up and ready to go as well. "Robby! It's time to get up!" she announced as she burst into her brother's small room.

"It's too early to get up, Jessie..." Robby mumbled as he tried to go back to sleep.

"It is not too early. I need to get over to the university within the next half hour and I'm already running late! So it's time to get up." Jessie said, shaking her brother's foot. "Anyway, you have school today too and then chores afterward. So unless you don't want to have breakfast, you need to get up."

Robby groaned slightly and started to get up. Once she was certain that her brother wasn't going to go back to bed, Jessie left the room and quickly got breakfast ready. Robby shuffled out of his room a few minutes later and sank down into his chair before quickly scarfing down his breakfast. Once he was done, he stood up and then grinned up at his older sister. "You go on to the university, Jessie. I'll clean up before I leave for school."

"You don't have to, Robby. I can do it when I get back." Jessie said, looking over at her brother.

Robby only shook his head and said, "I don't mind helping. I'll see you later, Jessie." He gave his sister a big hug before disappearing into his room again to finish getting ready. Jessie shook her head and grabbed her bag before hurrying out of the flat.

----

Jessie managed to make it to Welbridge University with only a couple of minutes to spare. Pausing for a few moments to get her bearings, she headed over to the auditorium and slipped into it before searching for a place to sit. Spotting an empty seat near another anthro-fox and an anthro-bobcat, she headed in that direction before sliding into the seat quietly, setting her bag down in front of her.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As was customary, Archbishop Gerius Lionheart arrived at the school to hear the dean's speech and to offer blessing over the entering class once the dean is finished speaking. He expected the usual hostility that was directed at him every year but it was part of the job and despite what many thought, the class did need to be blessed.

He walked in with his bodyguards and a walking stick and headed to the dean's office. He wrapped on the door with his walking stick. If he was younger, he might be mistaken for his nephew Julius Lionheart XVI.

"Good morning dean." He tried to sound pleasant and his voice not fill with the tension he felt coming here. "And how many students studying religion does this new class have?"

Yadian was listening to Kenosius talk to Therese and could hardly hold his laughter in check at Kenosius' willingness to listen to her. If he had offered to talk to him about this he would have ridiculed the idea.

When Jessie sat down, Yadian looked over and said, "Hey there. Haven't seen you before." The anthro-tiger was larger then his friend Kenosius and he smiled at Jessie. "Ready for THE speech?" He laughed softly.
    ...to the topTop

"I suppose so." Jessie said, looking over at Yadian. "And this is my first term here. I'm not quite sure what to think just yet."
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston
    "Yeah it puts people on their guard because of that." Then he added, "Its nice to find someone that believes in science that actually doesn't put religion down." And it was. He didn't know what to make of her. Other then she was nice and he liked her.

Kenosius nodded his head when she suggested she talk to him, "Sure I'd be willing to listen."

He heard Yadian mumble "Yeah right." under his breath and wanted to kill him.

"I think it sounds like a good thing. Maybe I'll change my mind."

He then asked, "Who is your tutor?"

Therese Ambrosia

Therese smiled when he accepted her offer. There was so much she could show him.

"Great!" She said happily. "I look forward to working with you."

When he asked about her tutor, she answered, "My tutor? He was probably one of the greatest professors in the history of the University. He has brought so much scientific knowledge to the community that he will be a hard badger to replace. It is Professor Shanks. It is a shame that he is on expedition now, and won't be returning to the University soon."
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries

As was customary, Archbishop Gerius Lionheart arrived at the school to hear the dean's speech and to offer blessing over the entering class once the dean is finished speaking. He expected the usual hostility that was directed at him every year but it was part of the job and despite what many thought, the class did need to be blessed.

He walked in with his bodyguards and a walking stick and headed to the dean's office. He wrapped on the door with his walking stick. If he was younger, he might be mistaken for his nephew Julius Lionheart XVI.

"Good morning dean." He tried to sound pleasant and his voice not fill with the tension he felt coming here. "And how many students studying religion does this new class have?"
    Dean Valitas sat back in his chair, silently looking up at the Archbishop. He took a slow puff from his pipe and blew it in the general direction of the archbishop. The dean didn't care for the archbishop in the least. It wasn't so much that he represented a dying belief, but more the condescending attitude that he displayed every time he walked through the hallowed halls. If the Dean had his way, he'd do away with the blessing completely, and kick all the religious nuts out of the school. Unfortunately, the Lord Imperial still insists that religion be included at the University.

"Good morning to you to, Archbishop," he replied with a hint of disdain in his voice. "The number of Anthros who believe that religion is something worth learning continues to shrink. Fortunately, more and more people are seeing religion for what it is, a dying superstitious belief for simple Anthros."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Yadian smiled at Jessie, "No, this is my second year but I know Kenosius since we were kids. Same home town" He pointed at his friend. "So I can fill you in on the goings ons." He winked. "What are you studying?"

Kenosius smiled, "I'm looking forward to it too!"

When she told him about the professor he looked at her shocked, "He's not on campus? I wonder if that means I won't be having that class after all. I'm supposed to take his core class later today."

He ran his hand through his hair, "What's his expedition?"

The archbishop coughed at the smoke as he blew it in his face. He gasped for air and shrunk down as he coughed.

When the coughing fit was over and the dean spoke, he frowned at the dean. "Our religious tradition is not superstitious. Only a very simple mind who has no business running a university would think that."

He glared down at the dean, "Maybe if you actually listened instead of mocking, you'd learn something. And maybe we'd have more students if its wasn't so commonly known what the university thought of our faith."

"The university will prosper when you embrace us."
    ...to the topTop

Jessie smiled slightly at Yadian and said, "I think I'd like that. It was difficult enough finding this auditorium since I'm not familiar with the campus yet, and I'm planning on studying literature and science. What about you?" She lapsed into silence for a few moments as she temporarily got lost in her thoughts and then said, "I'm Jessica by the way. But everyone calls me Jessie."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Yadian grinned, "It will be my pleasure Jessie. I'm Yadian." He looked over at his friend and then back to Jessie and whispered, "Don't tell Kenosius but I'm thinking of changing my major to science from philosophy. It would probably give him a stroke or something." He smiled, "So what type of literature are you interested in studying?"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Therese Ambrosia

Therese shook her head as she replied. I'm not sure what his expedition is. I'm sure whatever it is will be of great importance to the scientific community. Therese then gave a wry grin, knowing the truth about the science class. "Oh no, his class isn't canceled. They will get a new professor to take over the class."

Therese's heart began to race as the gravity of the situation suddenly hit her. Kenosius would notice a slight change in her facial expression, as she went from joy to shock, and perhaps even a little bit of fear. Was she actually ready to take the class? Should she have so eagerly accepted the offer? What about the opposition? She doubted the other professors would simply open their arms and accept her. What had she just agreed to?
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

The archbishop coughed at the smoke as he blew it in his face. He gasped for air and shrunk down as he coughed.

When the coughing fit was over and the dean spoke, he frowned at the dean. "Our religious tradition is not superstitious. Only a very simple mind who has no business running a university would think that."

He glared down at the dean, "Maybe if you actually listened instead of mocking, you'd learn something. And maybe we'd have more students if its wasn't so commonly known what the university thought of our faith."

"The university will prosper when you embrace us."
    The dean gave his bark-like chuckle at the Archbishop's comment, and stood to his feet.

"Take a look around you, Archbishop. The University has never had more students. Here we are, beginning our 300th Anniversary, and we have made more advancements in the past 25 years, than in the history of the university. In the past ten years, the attendance here has almost doubled. The times are changing, Archbishop. Unfortunately, the old religious like you are too blind to see it.

He picked up his coat and put it on. "Now, Archbishop, it is almost time for the assembly to begin. Shall we at least pretend to put aside our differences for the sake of appearance, and get this term started?"
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast