Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ((Here's a post to wet your whistle. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sanborn View Post
    Professor Clarence Lexius IV

Professor Lex sighed. "With change always come those who oppose the change. Lettuce and tomatoes are only the beginning. Things will become more violent and dangerous for our new Professor and those who stand beside her. I have personally witnessed this when the Lord Imperial opened the Imperium to science, and again when the Lady Imperial opened the University to women. It always gets worse before it gets better."

He paused, rubbing his beard. "When I was your age, I had a grand vision. I desired that all were seen as equal under the law. Equal rights regardless of gender, race or beliefs. Science was considered evil, women were seen as mere household servants, and the humans nothing more than mere slaves. It was unacceptable, yet there was nothing that could be done. The Lord Imperial was the law, and things would remain unchanged. Now, we have a new, compassionate, Lord and Lady Imperial. Already, under his reign, we have seen a number of changes, and are now witnessing another monumental change, yet there is still one more group of people whose rights are severely neglected. It is the humans that I seek to protect and see that they too can earn the rights and freedoms which we enjoy and which they deserve."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesar View Post
    "Do you really mean that, sir?" Jessie asked, looking up at Professor Lex. Depending on the answer he gave, she was debating on showing the professor what she and her friends were hiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    Yadian was interested in what the professor had to say. He always liked Professor Lex so he was quite ready to trust him but he wasn't going to push either Jessie or Kenosius to until they were ready.

Kenosius was watching him and he was wondering something. He asked, "What made you come here, Professor Lex?"

Professor Lex smiled. "Yes, I really mean it. I keep my ears and eyes open for runaways, and have friends that help me find them and bring them to safety. I can't free ones that are still in captivity, but I have an underground railroad where humans can escape or dwell in peace from those that wish to enslave them. So, yes, I know of the runaway that has come here, but will not force her from you. I only ask that you allow her to come with me. You, too, can come with me if you wish to ensure her safety and see the truth of my words for yourself."
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sanborn View Post
    Dean Robert Valitas

The dean nodded. "Very good, Timon. I am looking for a young Anthro such as yourself. Professor Ambrose is in great danger and needs to be watched constantly. The lion who asked you to come here is needed at the University, and cannot devote all his attention to her protection. If you are willing, I would like to assign you as her personal bodyguard."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    Timon was surprised at the offer. He nodded affirmative after the question and said, "It would be an honor sir. I would definitely be willing to be assigned to her and keep an eye on her. I'll keep her as safe as I can."
    The dean smiled. "I believe I have found the perfect one to help protect the young lady. If you need anything at all to ensure her safety, please don't hesitate to ask. I will do what I can on my end to help you."
    ...to the topTop

Jessie thought for a few moments and then nodded slowly as she came to a decision. Something about Professor Lex felt right and she felt comfortable showing Megan to him.

"Robby! Can you please bring our friend out here?" she called to her brother.

Robby slid off of the bed where he was sitting and knelt on the floor. "You can come out now. My sister wants to see you."

"Why?" Megan asked in alarm as she cautiously crawled out from underneath the bed.

"Dunno. She just called for me to bring you." Robby said with a slight shrug. "Don't worry, my sister and her friends won't hurt you." he added with a reassuring smile.

Megan sighed softly and then stood to her feet and followed Robby out of the room. She paused in the doorway and remained standing in the shadows as Robby continued forward and sat down near Jessie.

Jessie looked up and saw Megan nervously standing there and then said with a smile, "Come on out, Megan. We won't hurt you. We're going to help you."
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kenosius didn't know. He had a bad feeling about this. "Who are the friends that you speak of?"

Yadian however trusted the Professor since he had him before.

Timon nodded, "I won't sir. Thank you sir for trusting me!"

He smiled broadly, "If I think of anything I will let you know!"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Professor Lex smiled at the young human girl, still hiding in the shadows. "I have many friends who I trust to help me achieve my goals," Professor Lex said, without taking his eyes off the human girl. "What is important now is if this human desires her freedom, and if you all would like to help me rescue her and others like her."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Therese Ambrose

Therese was silent, thinking about everything as they rode to their next destination. There wasn't really anything more she could say. Everything had already been said. Yes, she could quit, but what would that accomplish? No, quitting wasn't anything she could bring herself to do. No matter what, she was going to see this out and change the world. She could only imagine what her father would think of this latest news. Nothing good, that was certain.

When they arrived at her new home, she stepped out of the carriage and looked around. The night air was crisp, and she knew she should have waited for her guard to come open the door. She wasn't thinking clearly, though. She just wanted to see her new apartment from the outside, and feel the fresh air through her fur. Being in the carriage with her thoughts was starting to make her feel a little claustrophobic.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Dean Robert Valitas

Deam Valitas heard the carriage arrive and looked toward the window. "I believe the professor has arrived. Please make sure she is safe. My assistant will accompany you to help attend to Professor Ambrose's needs."
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yadian replied, "We definitely want to see that she's safe." He looked at the others with a smile. "Right?"

Kenosius sighed, "Yeah." But he wanted clearer answers then he was getting.

Timon nodded, "Yes sir. I will."

He started for the door to help.

The guard sighed as she got out of the carriage before he could get the door. Some times.... the protected are completely oblivious to what could be.

He stepped out and walked around the carriage, he smiled at Therese, "What do you think of your new home?"He meant the outside.He saw Timon in the doorway, "Ah good you're here."

"Come help me with the bags."

Timon walked out and took the bags that were handed to him. The guard eyed the Dean's assistant. And handed him a bag.
    ...to the topTop

"Freedom?" Megan asked softly as she hesitantly stepped out of the shadows. "You'd really help me get to freedom?"
    ...to the topTop

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748