Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 183 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Absalom

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Absalom

Absalom

Absalom is a land of plenty and just rulers. None were imprisoned for the wrong reason and justice was absolute. Because of this the land was greatly blessed and the land was protected from the dark lands that surrounded the land of Absalom.

The law had been given to the people and they dutifully followed it and never took an extra thing and each year they would receive abundant crops and crystal clean water to drink The land was a land of opportunity.

Their great and holy artifact was known as the Key of Tohu. The people of Absalom's greatest rule was to protect the key from all who would desire it.

The land lived in peace with nature and did not make it bow to their will. In addition to the humans living in the land, there were unicorns, faes, and giant eagles that befriended the humans. And there were elves.

Outside the borders of Absalom, the land was dark and the humans served the dark Lord Tagon and creatures walked the land that were of nightmare. Ogres, Minotaurs, Cyclops, and Dragons plagued the land.

Tagon would go upon the mountain Grande and look out and into the land of Absalom and he would covet the land since little crop grew within his domain. The land of Bavaria instead grew crops mixed with weeds.

In the land of Jilaki to the west, there were dwarfs. The dwarfs had tried to make an alliance with Absalom many years before but the people did not desire it. They did not trust the dwarfs which made the dwarfs angry. Their land while not a paradise is far better then Bavaria. They can grow crops and they live in clans with small villages.

The magic of the world is studied relentlessly and a system of apprenticeship has been established. Those that practice the art of magic are looked upon with suspicion and it is considered unholy. So many try to hide their gift within the land of Absalom.

It is more freely practiced in Bavaria and Jilaki which makes it even more suspicious to the Absalomians

"Oh come on the key is all just a bunch of superstition" chimed 12 year old Gregor. "It doesn't protect us. What protects us is the great walls."

Jane shook her head. She was eleven and her parents had told her many things "I think you're being foolish Gregor." She sighed, "You know they have been trying to get over these walls for many years."

"And the walls stop them."

They had walked out of the gate and were walking in the wilderness.

"The walls are helped by the key."

"Key? What key?"

They turned and saw the elf Kinya.

"The key of Tohu."

"I always wanted to see that,"

Gregor laughed, "Well its not much to look at. Its an ugly brown thing."

Kinya nodded, "I see."

Gregor smiled, "I'll show it to you. Come on."

They walked back toward the gate but Kinya stopped.

"I'm not allowed through the gate."

"But we're inviting you."

"Its against the law."

"Yeah he's right Gregor. We shouldn't."

Gregor frowned, "You wait here." And to Jane, "Stop being such a baby."

Jane glared at him, "I am not acting like a baby."

"Could have fooled me."

So Gregor and Jane headed toward the Holy Temple and sneaked inside. Nobody ever did anything wrong so no one's guard was up. They never noticed when Gregor went into the back and walked out with the key.

They hurried back to the gate and walked through and showed it to Kinya. Kinya took the key and suddenly cracks began to form in the walls protecting Absalom. They watched as the wall seemed to age centuries in minutes.

"What is going on?

Kinya smirked, "The key has left Absalom. There is no protection anymore."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Re: Absalom ic

Gregor's eyes widened, "What do you mean?"

"I mean you just brought the walls of Absalom down! And now Lord Tagon is going to conquer."

"No! Give it back." Gregor lunged for the key in Kinya's hand but was easily dodged by him.

"Silly boy! Do you really think I would?" Kinya laughed. "You gave it to me. And now I'm going to have it all!"

From the ground, Gregor wailed, "But I was trying to be a friend."

"So?""

Kinya turned and ran up the trail. He would have a magnificent surprise for Logan. And he couldn't wait.

Jane's eyes were wide in fright as she looked at the wall.

"SEE!!! I told you we shouldn't have done that."

"Shut up!"

"What are we going to do?"

"Shut up!" He glared at her, "I'm trying to think!!!"

Jane frowned, "I'm telling the guards!"

"No don't! We'll get it back."

Gregor ran after Kinya.

Jane watched him go and then ran back inside the now failing gate.

The high priest Jarson had discovered the missing key.

"Who was in here?"

"We all were. But no one noticed the key being taken."

Jarson shook his head, "This could mean the end of us! We have to recover it."
    ...to the topTop

Kellen was outside when she noticed the change in the walls and Jane running back inside. Striding toward the girl, she frowned slightly at this sudden change in events and asked, "Jane, what's wrong?"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jane was close to hysterical when Kellan came over. Jane jumped from the elf because she half expected to be smacked and her eyes were filled with tears, "Gregor did something!"

She swallowed, "He took..."

Her eyes were wide in terror, "...the..." and she whispered, "key and Kinya took it from him."

"The walls started cracking!"

Kinya had easily outdistanced Gregor. The human child was no match for his elven quickness. He smirked wickedly and looked over the key. It was rather plain like the child said. He found it hard to believe that such a thing had held the forces at bad for so long.

He tossed the key up into the air and then caught it as he ran forward to catch it.

He couldn't wait to see Logan's face.

Gregor continued on the trail of Kinya. He could see where he went. Almost like Kinya was letting him know where he was going. But Gregor just wanted the key back and kept going.
    ...to the topTop

"He took the key?" Kellen asked with a slight frown. "Why would he take it when he knows that it protects us?" She lapsed into silence for a few moments and then asked gently, "Have you told any of the guards yet?"

----

Logan was outside training, like he usually did until he was needed. He wanted to keep his skills in tip-top shape just in case the day came that they would be able to conquer Absalom.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jane shook her head no, "No I just made it back"

She looked down, "Kinya seemed to want the wall to go down. He seemed so mean."

Kinya continued toward the meeting place with Logan. He looked over his shoulder and smirked again. The child would be simply to kill. But its more fun to play with him.

He kept going until he was at the meeting place, "Logan!" He looked around for him. He knew he trained around here some place.
    ...to the topTop

Kellen frowned slightly and thought for a few moments. "Come on then. You need to tell someone what you saw. I'll come with you if you want." She had heard tales of this Kinya and wanted to find out more about him to see just what they were up against.

----

Logan continued his training until it was apparent that Kinya wasn't going to leave. "What now, Kinya?" he asked in annoyance as he held his sword loosely in one hand, the other hand drumming against his thigh.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jane looked like she wished she had run the other direction but nodded her head. "I want you to come Kellan."

The high priest was yelling about the key in the captain's office when they arrived. Jane slipped behind Kellan as the high priest yelled. She was shaking in fear.

Kinya smiled at Logan, "You're going to be giving me a huge reward for this."

He pulled out the key and showed it to Logan's face. His smile widened wickedly. "The walls are crumbling!"
    ...to the topTop

Kellen knocked on the door to the captain's office and then knelt down so she could look Jane in the eye. "Just tell the truth, Jane. You're not the one who took the key and you tried to dissuade Gregor from taking it, right?"

----

Logan kept a neutral expression on his face as he snatched the key out of Kinya's hand and looked at it. "Finally. Lord Tagon will be pleased." he said, dismissing Kinya with a wave of his hand after sheathing his sword. He then turned and returned to the palace at a brisk trot to give Lord Tagon some very welcome news.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Jane nodded, "Yeah I did."

Meanwhile the high priest sputtered, "Someone walked right in and took it! I think they had to use magic since no one noticed."

The captain nodded, "We have had a few magic crimes lately. Mostly some rogue elves."

He frowned.

Then heard the knock. The captain turned to the door and saw Jane and Kellan, "What is this child doing in here?"

Kinya frowned and followed after Logan, "Hey I did all the work and deserve a reward."

Gregor appeared and shouted, "Stop! I see you." He charged at Kinya and Logan.

Kinya turned and said, "I have another present. My unwilling helper."
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 183 1231151101 ... LastLast