Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast
    Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Cathedral of Eranius

The Cathedral of Eranius

Archbishop Gerius Lionheart sat in his office and another bishop came in and threw two newspapers on his desk. He was flanked by several other bishops.

"What is going to be done about this? We must put a stop to this... this madness!!!!!"

"Now settle down Cyrus. It isn't the end of the world."

"Yes it is! He is going to tear the society apart by doing this."

Gerius sighed.

"I have reason to believe this is El Shaddai's desire."

Cyrus gasped, "You're as mad as he is!!!!"

Gerius pointed his cane at Cyrus, "Watch your tone Cyrus! I'll send you back to being a village priest if you have that tone with me again."

Cyrus wrinkled his nose, "And I can have you brought up for vote. I think you've gone senile."

Gerius whacked his desk with his cane, "I have not! I'm seeing things very clearly.

((Feel free to add an NPC here Ellesar. ))
    Last edited by Lairston; 06-06-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Another relatively new bishop had slipped in while they were arguing and just stood to the side, listening in.

"I'm with the archbishop on this one." Darien said softly from where he was standing when the noise had lessened some. "I think this change is for the better."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Gerius smiled at Darien, "Thank you Darien."

Cyrus turned and glared at Darien, "Hence why changing the schools was a bad idea. They resulted in mindsets like yours. Women have no business doing the things they do."

Gerius sighed. "And you're wrong Cyrus. We can't live in the past."

Cyrus frowned, "Well then we should get a new archbishop. Because you're running roushed over everything."

Gerius shook his head.

"And remove those like Darien from the voting!"
    He glared at Darien some more.
    ...to the topTop

"That's not fair though." Darien replied with a slight frown, but managing to keep his cool. "Times are changing and we want to be in the midst of it, if not at the forefront. Gone are the days when women were relegated to being nothing more than a housewife."

He lapsed into silence for several moments and then said, "I'd wager that there are others who agree with me as well. They just might not be as vocal about it just yet."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Cyrus shook his head, "No those days should not be gone. We should follow strictly what has been handed down."

Gerius asked, "So should we only use scrolls then? Books did not exist. How can we possibly accept our texts as books rather then scrolls. The scrolls are mentioned explicitly. "

Cyrus snarled, "Not the same thing. Women were around."

"But society was not ready for it."

He smiled at Darien, "As Darien says, times have changed and we must change with them. Society is ready for women to be equals."

Cyrus shook his head, "No! You are in error!"

He grabbed Darien's collar, "As our you and all these friends of yours! You need to be retaught or expelled!"

He looked at Gerius with disdain, "He on the other is simply a royal who got put down our throats."
    ...to the topTop

Darien scowled at Cyrus and shoved Cyrus away from him as hard as he could. "I think YOU need some lessons in equality. Women and girls are now destined for greatness even if you refuse to see that."

He lapsed into silence for a few moments and then said with a scowl, "You should be ashamed of yourself for verbally attacking the archbishop as well."
    Last edited by Ellesar; 06-07-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Cyrus fell backwards and landed with a thud on the floor, "How dare you! I should have you arrested."

Gerius laughed, "Except that he's 100% right and you're 100% wrong. And the guards follow who's orders again?"

Cyrus scowled at the archbishop. And then looked with Darien with equal disdain as he stood back up. "Equality leads to anarchy. There must be followed and followers. Women are followers."

"And I will talk about the fake archbishop as I see fit. And no runny nosed kid is going to stop me."
    ...to the topTop

"Women are NOT just followers. You need to get that misguided sense of superiority out of your thick skull." Darien snapped as he took a step toward Cyrus. "I may be a relatively new bishop, but I have a better grasp of how things should be than you do."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Cyrus stepped at him as well, "It is the natural order of things."

He shook his head, "Hopefully with experience these fool ideas will be wiped from your mind." Some of the older bishops in the room nodded their heads in approval of Cyrus. The younger ones were leaning with Darien.

"Hopefully you all learn or you will be punished for this unholy view."

Cyrus stalked out of the room bumping Darien and some of the others out of his way. His followers marched behind him.

"I'm feeling the love. Aren't you?"

He sighed and shook his head at those leaving. Then turned his attention to Darien and the others who remained, "Thank you my friends. I needed your help there. I know I didn't get this job because of my abilities but because of who I am but I do believe in the church's work regardless of what Cyrus and his people think. And I believe we are in the right. I believe it because I'm sure El Shaddai desires this."
    ...to the topTop

Darien nodded in agreement and said, "I know it is. I've seen firsthand just how excited young women are to be able to attend the university and achieve their dreams."
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast