Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Archbishop smiled and nodded in approval. "And I know that El Shaddai would not hold someone back from their dreams. And he would not want an oppressive system. The texts are filled with examples of the oppressive system being denounced."

"My friends don't listen to them and change in this. We need the church to move forward to the true church that El Shaddai desires."
    ...to the topTop

Darien nodded in agreement and then asked, "But how can we do that? There's plenty of others like Cyrus who would do nothing but push us back and force the women and girls to abandon their dreams and stay in the home."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Gerius thought for a second, "We are going to have to be proactive and change the perception of the people in the pews. I was opposed to this yesterday. But my eyes were opened by El Shaddai when I spoke to the new Professor of the university. She is bright and intelligent and knows that science and religion can co-exist. That is the message that all of us needs to get out there."
    ...to the topTop

"How though?" Darien asked with a slight frown. "Many of them are too set in their ways to listen to what we have to say."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Gerius sighed, "We need to keep the ones that aren't from becoming like them."

"We will have the power of my office behind us. As well as the Emperor. That should give us some thing."

He rubbed his chin. "But like you said, some will refuse. We just have to minimize their influence over the rest."
    ...to the topTop

"I have a feeling that that'll be more trouble than anything..." Darien said with a soft sigh.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Gerius nodded, "Yeah they will fight back. But... we have to do what El Shaddai calls us to do."
    ...to the topTop

"I agree." Darien said with a nod. "But what can we do right now?"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    "Plan our sermons to show why this is what El Shaddai wants. And hold classes on this as well on Sundays. We need to combat the naysayers with arguments that are sound and true."
    ...to the topTop

Darien nodded and said, "Sounds good to me. Hopefully we'll be able to get more people to listen to us."
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast