Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2069 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
    Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Slavers in the North

Slavers in the North

The slave traders drove into the valley. They could hear the humans running in all directions from their approach. Jessir laughed wickedly, "Get the nets. They are all around us and they'll be a great reward once we get them back to the city auctions."

He rode after a human that he saw. A big one. He might even be worth the big bucks for the games. That would be great, Jessir thought. The games were a great spectacle for the populace and filled the arena. They also always brought the most money because the masters could make so much on them.

Jessir dreamed of one day actually having his own and being an owner.

Franc heard the familiar hooves of the slavers and yelled, "Get out of sight quickly! We can't let them catch us out here in the open.

The humans spread out and began running through the woods. They needed needed to get into the thick forest that would prevent the slavers from riding them down on their horses. It was their only chance.

"Hurry. Go! We can't stay here!"

He ran for the woods.
    ...to the topTop

Eddie had also seen the big human that Jessir was after and started after him as well, letting out a crazy hyena laugh as he ran. There were times when it was hard to believe that he was anything other than a normal hyena since when excited, he would run on all fours. Letting out another crazy laugh, he sped up and ran into Jessir in his excitement over the human.

((*snickers*))

----

Callie's heart started racing as she heard that the slavers were after them and took off running as fast as she could. She ran in a zig-zag pattern in an attempt to make herself a harder target as she ran toward the woods.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Jessir was gaining on the big human and was counting the money already. When suddenly he got tripped from behind by Eddie and he was LAUGHING. That angered Jessir and he flipped over and grabbed Eddie and shook him. He growled, "You idiot!!!! I would have had him if you hadn't run into me!"

"And stop that insane laughing! It makes them know where you are!"

Franc waved his arm at Callie to get her attention and then yelled out to Callie, "This way!"

That got the attention of another of the slavers and he started riding toward him.

Franc cursed and started running again.

Franc ran passed a tree and a net fell over him and he fell to the ground.

"HAHAHAHA Got you you stupid human." An anthrotiger said."

"Let me go!"

"I don't think so."

Another one was following on Callie's heels trying to guess her next zag so he could be there. Instead Karvic, who had been Jessir's prize, stepped out and decked him from his horse.

"Let's go this way Callie."

Karvic took her hand and started running.

Jessir growled at Eddie, "There he goes with a woman. You better pray we catch them or I'm going to whip you till your back is bone."
    ...to the topTop

"Make me." Eddie snarled as he clawed his way free and continued running after the humans, laughing crazily.

----

Callie only nodded in reply and held onto Karvic's hand tightly and did her best to continue to run, but she was starting to get tired.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Jessir growled, "Oh you are going to regret that."

He took off after Callie and Harvic. He wanted that big man.

A woman tripped in front of Eddie. She turned and screamed.

Harvic frowned as she was getting tired, "We need to rest."

He looked around and said, "There's a cave over there. Let's use that."
    Last edited by Lairston; 06-26-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Eddie snarled and pounced on the woman. Quickly pulling out a net, he wrapped it around the woman and tied it securely before holding onto it tightly and running off again, dragging the woman behind him.

----

"Will we be safe there?" Callie asked breathlessly, looking up at Karvic.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Maria screamed loudly as he dragged her, "Let me go! I can't be dragged like this."

"I'm getting brutalized here!" she screamed.

She fought at the net.

Karvic looked down at her and shrugged, "I don't know. But we can't keep going like this." He looked back and didn't see anyone.

"They might not notice the cave. It's behind some trees. And there might be another exit we can go through."

He smiled at her, "Can you make it? I could carry you."
    ...to the topTop

"Too bad." Eddie cackled manically as he continued to run after Karvic and Callie, hoping to catch up with them soon.

----

Callie shook her head and said, "I think I can make it..."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Karvic nodded. "Okay. Let's go."

He hurried down the kill and to the stream they needed to cross. He kept holding her hand.

Maria tried to slow him down by grabbing onto bushes they passed. "What good am I to you dead slaver?"
    ...to the topTop

Callie nodded and did her best to run as fast as she could and not slow Karvic down.

----

"You won't die." Eddie said, glancing back and grinning at Maria.

"You might be badly cut up though." he added with an insane laugh.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 2069 12311511015011001 ... LastLast