Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Grayden Walker

Character for League of Aldonadi

Race: Elf

Weapons:
    *Sword, Sidearm, dagger

Appearance-
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Black
    Height: 510
    He sometimes gives off the appearance of being a king in his regal riding style when he rides. He looks extremely serious.
    He has a scar on his left cheek which he refuses to talk about

Personality
    A) Arrogant he has a tendency to be snobby toward people he does not know
    Thinks he can do no wrong this gets him into trouble with those around that actually know what should be done
    C) He has a temper when someone pushes him or if they dont like his idea. Some mind even call it immaturity

HISTORY-

Grayden took up the sword when he was very young. He used it to defend himself and the people he was with from an attack. Since that day, he has wielded the sword usually for good but hes not completely against doing something for his own benefit.
    ...to the topTop

Well, it looks okay, but most aldonadians look down on those that use a back-up weapon, particularly the sidearm. Most of them feel that it demeans the sword to use any other weapon. But, not all of them, so it's up to you.

What sort of skill does his sword have?
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Hmm... suppose its hidden and no one knows he has it then? That way if he ever actually has to use it... those with him can gasp and tell him about it

I'll need to think of a skill for the sword. I forgot about that. Any suggestions?
    ...to the topTop

Well, anything is good. Here are a few that have been used in the past; maybe that will stimulate some brain cells:

Encases the wielder in strong armour
    Invisible sword
    Grants the wielder immense strength
    Control machines
    Mirror sword (mimics other swords powers. It is more fragile than most Aldonadian swords, but still stronger than regular swords would be)
    Metamorphs the wielder into a tiger/weretiger
    Sword that can explode and reform itself
    Teleportation

I hope that gives you some ideas. Also, keep in mind that it is futuristic, and that it is magical, and that the two aren't always exclusive. That might help you with some ideas too.

I was hoping to hear back from the other guy who expressed interest, but I guess you can start up the thread and maybe that will wrangle in a few more players?
    Last edited by Shadowseldil; 08-10-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    ...to the topTop

I'm still interested, Shadow. just been busy with work and all that. go ahead and start without me and I'll try to have a character created by this weekend.
    ...to the topTop

Understandable. I don't expect this to be a quick thread, but on constant one, if I can help it.
    Anyway, the IC is up. Feel free to make mistakes. Anyone who RPs with me is a cowriter, not just a player. You have almost as much say as I do as to where the story goes. I have no problem with tasteful god-modding. So feel free to make mistakes. I'll only correct you if it is majorly wrong (like you destroy the world. That's a definite no-no). After all, that's what the edit button is there for.

Here are some extra rules and helpful tips:

Additional rules and explanations:
    1) No swearing, and nothing graphic (violence or romantic). There is going to be fights, and some people may die, but there's no need to go into gory details.
    2) There is both technology and magic, and the two fields are not necessarily separate.
    3) You do not need to play an Aldonadian character.
    4) Schools of swordplay are referred to as factions. No one faction is absolute in authority, but all faction's authority are recognized under the umbrella of the League. Not necessarily agreed with, but recognized.
    5) The League of Aldonadi is a sect of swordsmen (or swordswomen) with magical blades. They are referred to as Aldonadians. The types of swords are limited only to the power of your imagination.
    6) There may only be one of each Aldonadian sword.
    7) Aldonadians possess a few magic skills, but they are not magi. Aldonadians focus too intently on their swordsmanship to also study magic. The magic they do know focuses mainly on survival: dispels, invulnerability for training, heightened reflexes while they sleep, and so on. Some factions might know more spells.
    8.) Aldonadians may possess more than one Aldonadian blade, but they may only bind one at a time. A bound blade is linked to its master so that it can be summoned at will. A bound sword cannot be stolen for this reason, which is why some duels are to the death.
    9) Impartial elders are lifeless statues that keep a record of all aldonadians and what sword is currently bound to them. Blade binding ceremonies must take place before an impartial elder. Each sword also has a crystal in them that tracks the actions of the user. Think of it like a giant network of swords.
    10) Most pages are taken young (4-10 years old), but sometimes may be taken when older.

If it helps, think of it as part-Highlander, part-Star-Wars, part-generic-sci-fi, and part-generic-fantasy.
    Last edited by Shadowseldil; 08-10-2010 at 06:56 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    I thought of a potential sword power. What do you think of one that lets the wielder see a set amount of time in the future? Not far in the future of course. Like 5 seconds or something so that he sees the attack and can defend...
    Last edited by Lairston; 08-11-2010 at 07:32 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Yeah, that would work. You can make it longer if you so choose, even. But, here's the issue I have with that: whatever he sees has to happen. None of this changing the future business. My logic behind it is this: if you do something to change the future, than that is the future you are going to see. What that sort of thing does to a guy, the inevitability of the future, based on the personality you listed, could make him a very angry and bitter person. It would also explain his ego to some extent.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    I initially did intend to show him experience what would happen if the strike was not blocked to demonstrate the power. But I think its more interesting your way with the impact it will have on him! So I'm good with that change and limitation so that's the power I'll use.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast