Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    The Search for Paititi

The Search for Paititi

A few years ago Corey and I were writers in an Adventure story. It was fun with an Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider feel to it. Sadly the other players in that story aren't posting anymore but we were talking about it today and still miss the story. We were thinking of rebooting it if anyone else was interested in it. The basic idea behind the story was a rich old man sends a group of people on an adventure to find a lost city. It was set in the early 1900s.

My character was reporter hired so people knew the city was really found and Corey's was a doctor hired to keep the people alive.

Two important characters would be someone who knew a lot about history and other cultures and a character who was an adventurer for a living.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 08-18-2010 at 08:37 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Of course the rich man could send them on any type of mission. We'd just like to play the characters and after 4 years it's unlikely the other story will ever be revived. Any people interested could bring other types of characters in as well.

...to the topTop

it sounds cool. I'm definitely interested in it
    ...to the topTop

Great.

Characters can be any nationality by the way.

Edit to add:

Our characters will be offered a lot of money by the man to find what he wants (we can decide what it as a group). To them it'll sound like fun and a way to make a quick buck but it'll anything but that.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 08-14-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This sounds interesting to me too.
    ...to the topTop

Awesome.

So what kind of characters do you two want to play then and what shall our group be searching for?
    ...to the topTop

hmm... I'll have to think about what the object they're searching for should be...

as for characters... is it okay if I have two? if so, what about a former adventurer and his wife who somehow get dragged into it?
    ...to the topTop

Yes that's fine Ellesar. You can have as many characters as you want.

My main character will still be the reporter but I'll also play the rich old man who sends them on the adventure too.
    ...to the topTop

I'll keep my main character as the doctor but I'm thinking the rich old man will have a nephew who goes along for the adventure to be another character of mine. If he's going to be helpful or not though is up for debate.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... how about a soon to be adventurer on his first trek? A young Indiana Jones type learning the trade sorta thing? Maybe he could be the student of the retired adventurer that gets dragged in?

And what about something with Aztec treasure?
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast