Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Cool we have our own forum now. Thanks Gary.

We should call the story "The Search for Paititi".

...to the topTop

Yes thank you.

Corey and I will try to get the story started tonight. We're thinking it starts off with Richard Vanderbilt inviting all the other characters to his mansion for dinner where he offers them a lot of money to search for Paititi.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're welcome!

That title sounds good to me!
    ...to the topTop

I created a separate thread for our character bios.
    ...to the topTop

The IC thread has been started. The mansion is ready for characters to arrive at Richard's mansion to hear about his offer for the treasure hunt. Jen and I also established that Pierce (Richard's nephew) is being forced to go if he wants to remain in his uncle's will.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just to let you know, I'm going to post as soon as I know the professor's name that he's a student of hehe
    ...to the topTop

This looks cool, I like the idea of an early 1900's world bound certain laws for creating characters.(i.e. within human limits. ) I am interested in joining but want to wait since I have the habit of stating something/reviving something then dropping off again. I want to actually stick around for awhile before I start something.
    Trying to catch M in posts

Supporters
    MystikChronicler
    Minity
    ...to the topTop

LOL knowing her character's name would probably help Gary.

Jacen you are welcome to join whenever you have a chance. I'm sure we could find a way to fit you into the story. Corey and I wanted to do a story about just regular people with no special powers. The early 1900's is a nice setting because there's some technology but not like what we have today.

Just as a note I know I haven't set an actual date and probably won't because I want to leave it open enough when we talk about historical places, events and technology but the time period is before World War 2. I had Richard talk about Constantinople instead of calling the city Istanbul because the city wasn't officially called Istanbul by foreigners until after 1930. We are trying to keep things historically accurate as possible when referring to real people and places.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 08-18-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Sounds good Gary and Jacen you are welcome to join us whenever you get free time.

Jen and I aren't going to be strict game masters but we would like to keep real people, places, events, etc as historically accurate as possible. So Wikipedia is a nice reference for us to use when mentioning things.
    ...to the topTop

Thanks Jenny and Corey.
    Technology and super powers can be over rate at times. I also like the Archaeological aspect to it too. I'm a bit fan of Archaeology/Egyptology and Paleontology, and things to do with the Inca are interesting. I'm pretty sure there are some books to do with the Inca floating around my place. I have to admit I don't remember Paititi but that doesn't mean much considering how many things I've read or seen about the Inca.
    oh and technically speaking you could still have a character with "super natural" power. through Martial Art's many things are possible, even above human capability's.
    lol, the more I think about this the more I contemplate possible characters.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast