Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: About Absalom

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    About Absalom

About Absalom

Absalom is a land of plenty and just rulers. None were imprisoned for the wrong reason and justice was absolute. Because of this the land was greatly blessed and the land was protected from the dark lands that surrounded the land of Absalom.

The capital is also known as Absalom.

The law had been given to the people from the prophets and they dutifully followed it and never took an extra thing and each year they would receive abundant crops and crystal clean water to drink The land was a land of opportunity.

Their great and holy artifact was known as the Key of Tohu. The people of Absalom's greatest rule was to protect the key from all who would desire it.

The land lived in peace with nature and did not make it bow to their will. In addition to the humans living in the land, there were unicorns, faes, and giant eagles that befriended the humans. And there were elves.

Absalom is a Christian fantasy.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Outside the borders of Absalom, the land was dark and the humans served the dark Lord Tagon and creatures walked the land that were of nightmare. Ogres, Minotaurs, Cyclops, and Dragons plagued the land.

Tagon would go upon the mountain Grande and look out and into the land of Absalom and he would covet the land since little crop grew within his domain. The land of Bavaria instead grew crops mixed with weeds.

In the land of Jilaki to the west, there were dwarfs. The dwarfs had tried to make an alliance with Absalom many years before but the people did not desire it. They did not trust the dwarfs which made the dwarfs angry. Their land while not a paradise is far better then Bavaria. They can grow crops and they live in clans with small villages.

The magic of the world is studied relentlessly and a system of apprenticeship has been established. Those that practice the art of magic are looked upon with suspicion and it is considered unholy. So many try to hide their gift within the land of Absalom.

It is more freely practiced in Bavaria and Jilaki which makes it even more suspicious to the Absalomians
    ...to the topTop

so is this open to new players?? I wanna play but the character that I have in mind is a shifter. Is that allowed in this land or not? If not that's cool! I'll make a new character or simply find a different character to use. I'm new to this site so I'm still learning.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The playable races in this world are Elves, HUmans, Dwarfs, Minotaurs, and Orcs.

There's no shifters.

The main story of the setting, the thread also named Absalom, has been on hold for a bit but Ellesar and I talked about it and we are going to continue that story. Its the best setting for bringing in someone else because its more of an epic story then the other stories being written. The other stories are more focused on a small group that has already been established and it wouldn't be easy adding a character.

Humans are the most numerous race in the Absalom kingdom. But the kingdom is home to elves and dwarfs as well.

The invading army that has conquered Absalom has Minotaurs, orcs, cyclops(rare I don't think any have actually been mentioned) and humans.
    ...to the topTop