Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cantha: Test of Faith (GW1)

Cantha: Test of Faith (GW1)

Nimue Dominia & Mara Dayne

Nimue had finally arrived in Lion's Arch as the city was celebrating its victory over the White Mantle. It may seem cruel, perhaps even snooty, but Nimue didn't much care for their victory. Although many had sought refuge in Kryta, she was from Ascalon and would always proudly proclaim that fact. Had Talya requested her presence for the War in Kryta, she would have accepted out of respect for the guild leader. Seeing the green, although not as beautiful as that of her homeland, made Nimue heartsick over the ashen ground that now covered her home. Even though she wouldn't admit it, she was perhaps a little jealous that Kryta had not had to deal with the scourge of the Charr. Why her homeland and not the Krytans?

Although she had passed the same way that the other members of her guild had, Nimue had been several weeks behind them. She had not seen any further sightings of that idiot in Ascalon and had figured he had met his demise at the hands of the Grawl. After a night's rest and a good hot meal, Nimue approached the captain of a ship docked in the harbor. She paid him in gold for the trip ahead, for supplies and his crew. Giving the Captain a day to ready his ship for sailing, Nimue would find a quiet place away from the people to spend her time. Perhaps she would purchase new armor for the trip, and she would most certainly take advantage of another bath while in the town.

In the morning, Nimue met with the captain for final preparations to set sail to Kaineng City. She hadn't been expecting extra visitors, the first to arrive was an unexpected surprise.

"Hello Nimue, it's so good to see you again." Mara replied shyly.

"I hope you don't mind, Talya asked me to come to Cantha with you."

"Not at all, it's a pleasure to have you on board." Nimue replied.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

Two months had passed since the destruction of the demon.

For Anakita Snakecharm, they had been very eventful months. Upon their return to Lion's Arch, Anakita barely had time to breathe before the White Mantle began an abrupt and inexplicable crackdown in Kryta. The people had rebelled, and the Shining Blade had fought back. Queen Salma had rallied them, and had taken the city of Lion's Arch without a drop of blood shed when the city guards simply opened the gates to her. Bloody battle had followed, of course, and it had been a fight to the finish to hold the city against the White Mantle assault. They had prevailed, though not without losses, and Anakita was troubled that some acquaintances were still missing. Since she didn't have any idea where to even start looking, though, she had reluctantly agreed to travel to Cantha, temporarily leaving the Tyrian problems to the Shining Blade to deal with in her absence. The current Canthan situation was a crisis also, and she couldn't be everywhere at once.

A more personal crisis was looming on the horizon for Anakita too. The odd feeling she'd experienced on and off since the Shiverpeaks had grown stronger, and now Anakita could no longer deny what was going on. She was definitely pregnant. When Mara asked about it, she had denied it, and believed her own denial. As the War in Kryta progressed, the fact had become less and less escapable, and when she fought at the end, it was with two minds. She had a sense of what she was risking, but considered it worth it to bear a child into freedom rather than tyranny.

Now the fighting was over, and she was still pregnant. She hadn't told Stefan yet. At first, it was because she hadn't believed it, and then because she had thought there were high odds of a miscarriage since she couldn't desert her comrades. Now... well, she wasn't sure how he would react. Either way, he would be supportive, but she didn't want him to feel bad about it. They had talked about having a baby someday, but not this soon. Not after only half a year of marriage. Not while Djalila, Kimi, and Gemma were still settling in, and they were all figuring out how to be a household. Anakita didn't exactly expect a joyful reaction to her news from any of her family members.

She would have to tell them at some point, though. Eventually her body would give her away even if she tried to hide it. Not yet, though.

Anakita wasn't particularly concerned about the trip to Cantha. She wasn't intending to fight. It was a negotiation to settle some worrisome border skirmishes between some human villages and the nearby Tengu. There was no risk to her unborn child from just sitting around and chatting about how to resolve the problem. Perfectly safe.

As they boarded the ship, the children were looking around with interest and curiosity. Kimi was beaming and practically bouncing with excitement at the prospect of a trip to her country of birth. Anakita couldn't help smiling too.

She warmly greeted the other guild members, then stood by the rail in preparation for their departure.
    Last edited by Monkey Kitty; 09-07-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Clip had seen Nimue walk passed his hiding spot and followed her. He didn't reveal himself but he listened in on her conversation with the captain. He frowned and decided to make plans for when she came back. He would need to get some help he decided to take the brunt of her powers.

Then that staff will be his.

Jacobi boarded the ship. He smiled and returned the greeting to Anakita. He wondered if something more then there battles was bothering her. She seemed concerned about something. Something other then White Mantle or Shining Blade or others. This seemed personal.

He wondered if maybe she and Djalila were still having issues but they didn't seem to be.

He decided it must be his imagination and kept it to himself.

He had scars from their battles. More then he had expected really. He felt more professional then he had been before. So he accepted them with honor. He decided his life before was mostly a game rather then serious fighting.

He looked out at the dock as they prepared to depart.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Mara Dayne

Mara noticed Nimue’s quiet and quick response to Anakita before moving to a location with less people. It was apparent to her that Nimue hadn’t expected more guild mates, especially ones she hadn’t met. The young monk hated seeing Nimue so withdrawn, she too was from Ascalon, and though she grieved the loss of life and land it did not affect her to the degree that it had Nimue.

Her other concern was Anakita. The Ranger had out right denied her condition when the monk knew better and suspected that Anakita did as well. She was angry at first, both at her and Talya. The monk knew immediately that both women were with child and yet they fought in the war in Kryta regardless. The only thing she could do was be with both women as often as possible so that she could keep an eye on them both. It had hurt her feelings, but the shy monk only withdrew in her anger and hurt rather than speak her mind.

By the time the Shining Blade had been reported victorious, Talya had apologized to Mara. She had surprised the shy monk by hugging her. It was normal for Mara to be the affectionate one, most of the others, except for Kayla and Kiara were not the huggie type. Needless to say, Talya would not be going on this diplomatic trip and had promised Mara she would stay out of the fighting. Although it took a lot for her to say it, and Mara could see that this would be difficult for the warrior. She felt confident to leave Talya and travel with the others.

Seeing Nimue and Anakita both kind of go to separate ends of the boat, Mara decided to take this opportunity to mend things with the ranger. Mara was usually a fairly good judge of character, but sometimes she had difficulty reading Anakita. She smiled and waved at Jacobi as she found the ranger relatviely alone for the moment. When Anakita turned toward Mara, she received a sudden long and gentle hug from the monk. She would feel that familiar use of powers that a monk possessed as Mara showered her with health, energy and tranquility.

“May Dwayna bless you Anakita, my guild sister, and your child too.” Mara whispered in her ear before finally releasing her.

She gave her a shy smile, hoping that Anakita would at least accept the hug and blessing from her.
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

Anakita was surprised to receive the hug. In fact, she was afraid she was the one who had alienated Mara, possibly forever, rather than the other way around. Several times she had considered approaching Mara and saying something, trying to patch things up, but she couldn't think of any eloquent words to help, so she'd simply kept her distance.

Now, though, with the opportunity literally right in front of her, she decided it was the time. Awkwardly but sincerely she returned the hug.

"Look, Mara... I'm sorry. I didn't believe you because I didn't want it to be true. It was easier just to... deny it all, than to know what to do. I didn't mean to ignore you or act like you weren't being truthful. I just... it's tough know..."

Anakita gave up. Hopefully she'd managed to convey her point adequately, and nothing would be gained by nervously belabouring it.

"Anyway, I'm sorry. Don't worry; I'll be safe in Cantha. One reason I agreed to this is that it's just a show of solidarity, not fighting. But I'd... I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tell anyone else about this... situation. I'm not ready for them to know yet."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Mara Dayne

Mara hadn't been expecting an apology. She just wanted things to be alright between her and Anakita. It had occurred to her that maybe some people would find her information intrusive. That had been Mara's fear, that she had gone beyond her boundaries and that her new guild sister would not want to have anything to do with her. Luckily she had been wrong and Anakita's awkward hug had been returned by another long sisterly one from Mara.

When she heard the whispered request, Mara nodded her head in understanding. Talya was in the process of discussing her "condition" with Bartholos. Mara hoped to hear that the other Warrior had done the right thing by her and at least proposed. The two were in love, they might as well make it official. But she had been given the green light to let the other guild members now about herself. It would be obvious when they returned to Lion's Arch anyway. Besides, it wasn't like they probably didn't know already. She had passed out during the end of one of the more important missions around her guild members anyway.

The Warrior had been angry about the incident, and had nearly refused to allow Mara to treat the cut on her forehead. She had fought all the way through the war only to take a header at the end. Mara knew it was a bit of pride and embarrassment talking, but things had cooled down later that evening and that's when she had apologized to Mara. The monk pretty well knew what Talya was going to have, but that news Talya and Bartholos would have to wait on.

"Do not worry Anakita, it is not my place to announce such news. But, I was given permission by Talya to let all of you know about her good news. Well, at least I'm sure she feels better about it now. She's going to be mother. Now if Bartholos would just do the right thing and marry her. I don't understand those two sometimes." Mara replied.

Mara blushed, realizing how much she had spoken. She was more comfortable speaking very little. But the news about Talya and Anakita put such joy into the young monk's heart, it was hard not to talk about motherhood. Although she would not mention Anakita's condition because she had given her word.
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

Anakita had wondered about Talya's condition, but hadn't felt comfortable bringing the subject up, especially if she was wrong. It was good to know for sure, and to hear that Talya seemed relatively comfortable with the situation. It concerned her that things weren't settled yet with Bartholos, however. Bartholos was a good man. He would stay with her, surely? He didn't seem the sort to abandon someone he had promised loyalty to. But... had he promised loyalty to Talya? Or did he just see it as sharing a bed? No, he would stay. He would care for his child.

The Ranger had no such doubts about Stefan, because she knew him better. He wouldn't leave her for being pregnant with his child. There was more than just not being abandoned, though. She didn't want him to feel burdened, disappointed, imposed on. While she didn't expect him to walk away, she was afraid this news would be greeted with quiet displeasure.

"Thanks, Mara. I'll tell them before long. It's just... they need to hear it from me."

Especially Stefan. He should hear the news about his baby from his wife, and she couldn't delay much longer. Soon she would tell him. Soon...
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    A conversation floated on the breeze up to the deck of the ship from the docks at the shore. One could tell that it was two women, and then it became obvious that it was no mere conversation, but an argument.

“Fer th’ lasht time! I’m not giving yhou inymor munny! Letsh jess get thish over wiff.”

It had clearly taken quite a few ales to get Constance up the gangplank and onto the ship. Sabrine was carrying both their bags and was guiding her sister from the rear by holding onto her armour and physically steering her on a straight path. The instant they were on board, Constance grabbed a hold of the side of the ship and sat herself down, head between her knees.

“Ooooh I alreddy feel shick.”

“Yeah, I’m sure it’s the seasickness and not the six pints you just drank.” Came Sabrine’s unamused reply. She was unaccustomed to having to take the lead and was more than a little ticked that Connie had managed to get so many down before she’d found her in the market. The younger sister was upset mostly because the warrior hadn’t saved any for her. That, and now she was stuck babysitting a drunk on a boat. How was she supposed to chat up sailors while her sister was upchucking right next to her?

Sabrine finally glanced around at who was aboard. Spotting Anakita, she automatically addressed her first as the archer had often been their mission lead during the War. The bushwoman probably didn’t know it, but Sabrine had gained a great deal of respect for her during the War. It occurred to her briefly to let Anakita know that at some point, but the smell of adventure and her current duties pushed that thought to the side.

“Hey. We’re here. She doesn’t like boats.” It was fairly obvious to whom she was referring, but she shook her thumb at Constance’s moaning heap on the deck anyway and shrugged. Dropping the bags next to her sister, she growled, “Don’t puke on these.” before walking to the other side of the ship. It wasn’t like Connie was going anywhere. She skipped up to the rail next to Jacobi and hopped up to sit on it, balancing precariously on the narrow beam.

“Heya handsome, miss me?” She teased. Jacobi had also been on their team when they were fighting the White Mantle and was more than used to Sabrine’s flirtatious behaviour. It never really meant anything to the girl and she was just as likely to turn from holding onto one man’s arm to sitting in another’s lap before you could blink. She ran her finger up his arm to a where a scar, still pink on the edges, marred his bicept and then traced its outline. “Hmm this is a new one. It’s nice though. Suits you.”

Meanwhile, more footsteps sounded on the bamboo see-saw of platforms leading to the ship. Happy chatter passed between two people with regularity belying a good amount of shared interests and maybe a little something more. Eiran’s closely cropped head was the first to appear – two months wasn’t enough to rid him of his military cut - followed closely by Kiara’s. Both youths wore huge smiles, excited by the prospect of an international mission.

“Mmm.” Murmured Sabrine as she looked the young warrior over, “I have a feeling this is going to be a really fun trip.” Her expression of interest turned into one of crushing exasperation as Constance leaned over the side and gave up her ale.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Kiara Danae

The last few months had been simply amazing for Kiara. Her first real experience at a crush that had turned into something a bit more. When it came down to it, there were some similarities they shared and other things that they were very different in. For one, Eiran could be shy and Kiara was pretty out spoken. You always knew where you stood with her, that's just the way she was. She was very matter of fact about it, sometimes maybe a bit harsh in her delivery.

Their first test together had been surviving Ariella's wrath. She had joked, although seriously, with Eiran about how her sister could be. She had raised her for the last 10 years by herself and until the guild, they had only had each other. Kiara joked about the snootiness of Paragons and had actually told Eiran that her sister was pretty tame compared to most. She felt her sister's problem was that she was just too intense and needed to start living for herself. She realized that her sister had given up a life for herself to take care of her and she deeply loved and respected her sister because of it. But now she was old enough, she didn't need the hand holding anymore.

Between Talya and Sonja, they had kept Ariella half way civil. By the time that the war in Kryta had started, and the group had remained to help out, Ariella was actually starting to relax a bit around Eiran. Even Ginger had gotten to the point of letting the boy pet her head and rub her ears, but she always kept a wary eye on her master. Even her sister would get the eye from the lioness if she felt she threatened Kiara in anyway, just as a good pet companion should.

Eiran was pretty green when it came to combat, and he had gotten a crash course during the war. He had been able to stay with Kiara, but they had either been deployed with Anakita or Talya. The two were natural leaders and it didn't make sense to keep them both on the same missions during the war. Eiran got a firsthand look at Kiara in action, something the young ranger never bragged about. She was just shy of earning General rank, but the war in Kryta had her busy so she would have to wait to return home to finish completing that particular task.

She had been excited to learn that Talya was going to send her and Eiran overseas to Cantha. And even more shocked that her sister hadn't put up an absolute fuss over it either. Duty had called and Ariella and Sonja had left for Elona, while Talya had remained behind with Bartholos. The two had been chatting away as they walked toward the boat, talking about everything. He and Kiara had been walking very close to each other, practically touching as they walked up the wooden planks. Their hands full of their gear, it was the closest thing to contact they could make at the moment. Kiara couldn't remember smiling so much and Eiran had just made it worse.

Kiara had been talking to Eiran about their other guild mates that he would meet. Mara, he was already acquainted with, but Nimue would be joining them at the boat. Talya had put her in charge for the journey there where Tora would take over and walk them through the current negotiations. As they came into view of the occupants, Kiara had missed the look Sabrine had cast Eiran's way, distracted by the vomiting Constance.

"Wow, Constance you look a little green around the gills. Chew on this, it will help give you your sea legs."

Mara had made haste over to Constance's side to help ease the feeling of sickness and hopefully sober the Warrior up for the trip. Ginger strode on ahead to go sit with Azh and Anakita's girls, while Kiara and Eiran steered clear of the mess Constance had made. Later she would likely chuckled about the entire incident, but right now Constance wasn't feeling so well and Kiara left it at that.
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

Only a few minutes after the ship left the docks, Anakita was doubled over the rail being violently ill. It was the first time in her life that she had ever been seasick. As a youth, she had enjoyed pleasure-boating on lakes and ponds of Surmia. As an adult, she had done considerable traveling by ship, including more than one trip to Cantha. She had always rather enjoyed the feeling of the deck rolling gently beneath her.

But in the past, she had never been pregnant while on the water, and apparently that made a difference. It was though her nausea threshold had been amped up to high alert, and the slightest movement made her stomach heave and demand to empty its contents. The sole questionable positive in the whole thing was that Constance seemed to be in similar straits, so at least neither of them were alone in their misery or in being a spectacle.

Stefan was, of course, concerned. He walked up to join Anakita. She leaned forward and dry heaved; there was nothing left in her stomach. The warrior looked her over with worry, taking in the pale hands and greenish cheeks. "Are you... making it alright?"

She nodded, unable to unclench her jaws for fear of another bout.

"Shall I get a Monk?"

Anakita shook her head. "Nothing... can do..."

"Mara can remove conditions..."

"Not this condition." Anakita sighed, and doubled over again.

"Did you eat something bad back in Lion's Arch?"

"No."

"I've never seen you get seasick before. Even during the storms on the way to the Ring of Fire Islands, when a lot of us did."

"This is... different."

"But the water is perfectly calm. I'll get a Monk."

"Stefan..." Anakita tried to step back from the rail, was overwhelmed with dizziness and nausea, and sat down hard on the deck.

Stefan sat beside her. "What's going on?"

Just as the phrase By the inscrutable will of the gods, I am with child was about to make its way out of her mouth, she had to scramble to the rail, rising to her knees and sticking her head out as another wave of illness washed over her. "Dammit, I'm knocked up with your kid!" she said roughly after it passed.

Stefan just stared at her. "Seriously? This isn't a joke?"

"Does it look like I'm in the mood for a joke?!" Anakita growled.

Stefan smiled, and pulled her close. "That's wonderful. I mean, I'm sorry that you're so sick, but... a baby! That's wonderful news!"

Anakita eyed him doubtfully. "Really? You're happy about it?"

"Of course. I mean... we're having a child. Aren't you happy?" There was concern on his face again, now for a different reason.

"More than I was a minute ago," Anakita replied honestly.

Stefan sat beside Anakita and held her, occasionally releasing her when she needed to make another scramble to the side. Now, though, they were both smiling, in spite of the awkward situation. For the first time, Anakita really believed that having a child would be a joyful event, rather than a trial.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast