Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nimue Dominia & Tora N Shi

The trip to Cantha had been...interesting. and Nimue began to wonder why Talya had asked her to come all this way to charter a boat to Cantha when the other guild members seemed perfectly capable of handling this situation. She had made informal introductions to everyone she did not know. They were quick and to the point and then Nimue went below deck to avoid any unnecessary chatter. It probably came as rather rude and snooty, but the mesmer just couldn't handle crowds anymore.

The days of spending the evening laughing and drinking with Althea and Rurik were gone. The nights of passionate love making with Marek a thing of the past. Everything she had cared for and loved were gone. Everyone seemed to be moving on, but Nimue was stuck in the past. Her depression rolled with the strength and the height of the stormy waves of the ocean. And the long trip to Cantha only caused her to withdraw even further. Some days were worse than others, and she wept bitterly. It was hard to find a secluded place upon the boat to be alone. Why had Talya sent her?

They docked in Seitung Harbor where they met Tora, who would take them to the Sing Jea Monestary. The pint sized Assassin greeted each of the boat weary travelers with a respected bow. Her animal companion, Kitty, as she called her tiger, greeted the other pets and nuzzled the children.

"Welcome my friends. We will travel to the monastery and rest for the day before heading out on our negotiations. Please, follow me."
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

By the time they hit solid ground, Anakita was feeling much better, although she'd eaten little on the trip. As soon as they arrived, she suddenly realized that she was ravenous, but she could make up for it now; Canthan food was excellent, as long as you got it from a trustworthy purveyor.

Azh seemed thrilled to be off the ship, and she frisked around in the grass, chasing an insect as though she was a kitten. The three girls ran around with her, also glad for the opportunity to stretch their legs. The children had behaved well on the trip, but they were clearly tired of being cooped up. As they walked, Ryder made matching flower crowns for Kimi, Djalila, and Gemma, much to their delight. Anakita couldn't help smiling at the innocent scene.

Shing Jea Island was a pleasant place. In spite of the seriousness of their mission, Anakita felt a spring in her step as she breathed the crisp sea air. Rolling green hills sprawled all around then, dotted with buildings in the distinct Canthan rural architectural style. In the distance they could see snow-capped mountains. It truly was an idyllic place, and the small port of Seitung Harbour seemed like a different world than the bustling mainland hub where most merchants did their trade.

Aside from being a pleasant location to dwell, whether in a small village or one of the handful of estates for the nobility, the main draw of Shing Jea Island was the renowned Monastery. Anakita had never studied there; the monastery was only for those who lived in Cantha, and by the time she journeyed to this country for the first time, Anakita was established in her trade. She had never really been a student or apprentice, but had picked up her skill with the bow by necessity in the woods of Ascalon before the Searing, and on the scorched and sandblasted plains after.

Still, ever since the first time she had been here, having taken the ferry from Kaineng City to Shing Jea Island, she had felt a fondness for the monastery and its inhabitants. She had wonderful memories of celebrations of the Canthan New Year and the Dragon Festival within the monastery walls. Though this wasn't home, she liked it here, and it was good to be back.

Kimi was in her element, chattering happily to the merchants they passed in Seitung and pointing out the sights to Djalila and Gemma. Though Kimi was Canthan, the lifestyle of the island was new to her too. Kimi had been born and raised, until her parents died, in the slums of Kaineng City. According to what she had told Anakita, she had never been outside the city limits until she was orphaned. So while there was of course some cultural familiarity for her here, more than in Lion's Arch, being in a rural Canthan environment was a different experience. She seemed determined to relish it.

"Thank you," Anakita said sincerely to Tora. "It's good to see you again."

Then, as an afterthought, she added, "Have you heard anything from Kayla and Aeson? We were hoping to meet up with them in Cavalon while we're here."

'We' meaning their family-- Anakita, Stefan, Kimi, Gemma, Djalila, Ryder as the Ranger's honourary 'sibling,' and of course Azh-- but only because they hadn't yet discussed it with the rest of the guild, who would also be welcome on the trip to Luxon territory, the famous Jade Sea.
    Last edited by Monkey Kitty; 09-11-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Tora N Shi

“Yes, it has been awhile since the Dragon Festival.” Tora replied.

She smiled at Anakita as she spoke of Aeson and Kayla. Their small guild had known of the Dervishes pregnancy and the awaiting birth had been an anticipated celebration. Not to mention a friendly gambling game of guessing within the guild as to what Kayla would have, a boy, girl, twins, etc. The true outcome had only been known to Tora who was already in Cantha with the expecting parents. But Kayla and Aeson had known since shortly after conception.

“Ah, you are in luck Anakita, both Kayla and Aeson are here in Cantha. They are in Cavalon as we speak.”

Tora knew that wasn’t the only reason that Anakita had inquired. They all knew that Kayla was past her due date and they were anxious of news. Tora had already sent word to Kryta for Talya and the others and the moments delay to deliver the news was a subtle tease from the small Assassin to the ranger.

“But I am sure you are more anxious to hear about the birth of their children.” Tora replied, emphasizing the word children.

She secretly watched for any display from the ranger before continuing. Tora was still teasing Anakita in the fact she had not fully divulged the entire truth just yet.

“I am quite curious though, as to who was more correct in their assumption on the sex of the children.” Tora pondered out loud, still deliberately not getting to the point.

“From what I surmise from talking to Kalya, they knew that they would have a daughter, they just had not expected the outcome of events. Imagine having Dwaya herself bless you in ways you had not counted. To reward the love and bond you possess as a couple spiritually and physically, by blessing you with a son and daughter that represents that bond.”

Finally, the truth had been revealed, at least the shortened version. Tora stopped and regarded the ranger with an amused grin, before her more reserved nature took over.

“So, Anakita Snakecharm, tell me this. How did you know, was it a lucky guess? Are you more in tuned to Melandru than even you have imagined, or is it because you yourself are a twin and such things are naturally known to you?”
    Last edited by Tigers; 09-12-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

Anakita grinned at this wonderful news. Truly, she wasn't surprised. Kayla's entire pregnancy, Anakita had insisted it would be a pair of male/female twins. The Ranger wasn't sure how she knew, but she had been absolutely certain.

"I think it comes from being a twin myself," Anakita replied after a moment of thought. "I can't always tell, but sometimes I can. Especially if one is a boy and one is a girl, like Rhodri and me."

Anakita didn't know how to explain it any better than that. Perhaps it came from her connection to nature, though she rarely thought much about Melandru anymore. Perhaps from a connection to a newer goddess, one she had known in human form before the godhood was attained. Or perhaps it was simply from her own experience. It didn't matter, really.

"How wonderful for them! I look forward to giving them my congratulations."

She considered mentioning her own pregnancy, but couldn't think of a way to say it, and then the moment had passed. Now that Stefan knew, there was little pressure. When the time was right, the others would know that Anakita was expecting.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jacobi had been watching the waves strike the ship when Sabrine skilled over to him. When she called him handsome, his face turned a slight red as he blushed, "Yes I did actually. It hasn't been the same since you left." He smirked at her, "Plus I always like when a beautiful woman calls me handsome." He winked at her.

As she ran her finger up his arm it brought shivers through his body. "Yeah that came from a White Mantle arrow."

He laughed, "I'm glad you like it Sabrine."

When her attention was drawn to Eiran he shook his head. She was so different from Constance.

He wrinked his nose as Constance lost her ale. "Well that wasn't good."

"So what have you been doing Sabrine since you were last with us?"
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Constance and Sabrine – and Eiran

She had been lost in thought with the number of flirtation possibilities aboard the ship when Jacobi asked his question.

“Hmm?” Sabrine began before her mind caught up to her mouth, “Oh, well, you know. After the big party thing” Talya told us about this mission so Connie and I went to get stuff ready for the trip. I didn’t know she was getting ale.” Here, she rolled her eyes in disgust as though she never would have partaken of the stuff, even if available, though that definitely was not the case. If anything, Sabrine was in danger of becoming an alcoholic as much the next family member and had already entered her fair share of drinking challenges. Dwarven Ale, however, was nothing to be trifled with as Constance was now finding.

And she wouldn’t even give me money to buy a new outfit for the trip!” The 19-year old woman could still pull off a pout without it seeming out of place. She didn’t expect Jacobi to sympathize with her plight, but it would be nice if someone would. Her eyes slid around the deck to take in the working men. Maybe she could get some cash off these guys. Sabrine had been quite adept in the past at getting men to buy things for her –usually another ale – and thought that things couldn’t be much different with men out here.

By this time, the herbs Mara had given her had soothed Constance’s sad plight enough that she could sit facing the other direction and keep an eye on her sister. “Sabrine…” she warned, through grit teeth, knowing all too well what that look on her sister’s face meant. “Could you take our bags below - to our berth? That’d be great…” The younger woman scowled at her before peeling herself away from Jacobi and stomping across the deck to retrieve said bags. Once she was out of sight, Constance breathed out something between a sigh and a moan.

This was going to be a long trip.

Arrival at Shing Jea

Sabrine was bouncing at the rail as though she thought she simply couldn’t wait for the dock to be near enough the boat to disembark. The soaring green hills and strangely-shaped, bright-red buildings excited her. Finally, she was getting to see the world. She was now, very obviously, not stuck in Yak’s Bend and dreaming about being gone. Never could she have imagined a sight such as this. For Constance, she was focused on the Island being land – nothing more. She would have time to admire once she got her feet on firm ground.

The red-headed assassin was practically ignored by the younger sister as she lept off the boat with a huge smile on her face. The elder, gave Tora a respectful nod, not trusting herself to successfully open her mouth. The greenish tinge to her skin would give away the reason for her terseness. Eiran, on the other hand - though completely overwhelmed – was trying his best to ‘measure up’. He returned Tora’s bow with an awkward one of his own. Clearly, the boy was trying to emulate her, but lacked practice.

The hike to the monastery sounded like the perfect way to unwind after being holed up on the boat. Constance was starting to feel better, the land breeze seeming to clear her mind so she could once again pay attention to what was going on around her. Tempted to talk to Nimue, who had brought them over the ocean, she began meandering in that direction – until she noticed her sister sidling closer to the young couple. She sighed and hung back with her too. It was much easier to deal with Sabrine when she was occupied…
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Tora, Kiara & Nimue

Nimue stepped off the ship, bowing to Tora as she did. She had her pack slung over her shoulder and her staff in hand. This was the furthest she'd been away from home and the view of rolling green hills, distant snow capped mountains reminded her of Ascalon before the fall. It was beautiful, and despite the pains she kept hidden in her heart, she allowed herself to take a deep breath of the air around her. As Tora led the group to the monastery, Nimue followed from behind.

Kiara, having traveled more than most her age was having the time of her life. She found herself holding hands easily with Eiran when they were together, talking about home about life. Despite not growing up like Eiran, she enjoyed hearing about the life he'd led. She didn't find anything shameful at all in working the land or living away from the business of the towns and outposts. There were some beautiful places in Elona, but most of it was desert, and she herself had grown up in a relatively small place.

Walking off the boat together, Kiara had to suppress a fit of giggles at Eiran's attempt to return Tora's bow. For someone that was practically all tomboy, there was still a lot of girl inside and she found his gesture very cute and endearing. Although she'd never say it out loud and embarrass the both of them. Unlike the others, Kiara practically mugged the assassin with a giant hug. Her gesture was returned with a smile and soft laughter for Tora. After a moment to gather their things and exchange greetings, Kiara and Eiran followed the others. It was not difficult to see what was growing between the two of them as they walked intimately close as they followed along.

Tora led them to the monastery, where Anton had been waiting. After another brief exchange of greetings, the group was shown where they would be sleeping and cut lose to unwind from their trip until tomorrow's meeting. They had all been invited to dinner later that evening, until then the time was theirs to do as they pleased. Despite the long journey across the water, it appeared they all opted to spend time looking about the area.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jacobi laughed, "Well ale isn't always bad. You have to drink it in moderation."

He winked

"Aw that's to bad. I'm sure you could have used a new dress for the trip. Its always nice having new clothes. I think it would have been worth the money." He patted her lightly on the shoulder while she pouted.

He fell silent as she studied the other men and he returned to gazing at the sea. His elbows on the rail and he was leaned over watching the water.

When they arrived Shing Jea, Jacobi was glad to stop having land once more.

Aliexer had stayed in the quarters he was given and did not venture out during the trip. He didn't like ships and he was sick so he just stayed away from everyone. He wondered what he was doing. Why did he go with them?

He sighed. Actually he knew why, if he didn't he would be hunted down and killed for betraying the White Mantle. Or so he figured. He didn't believe in their gods any more then he belived in the white mantle's. That was the outcome of everything that he had been thinking about and debating with himself from the moment his eyes saw the false actions of the white mantle leadership.

When they arrived Jacobi glady stepped onto the docks. He went with them to the monestary. He felt the nice breeze and took in the fresh air. It was wonderful to be on land.

Aliexer walked with the group. Still unsure exactly what he was supposed to do. He swallowed and asked Nimue, "You seem to be unhappy."

"Am I right?"
    ...to the topTop

Anakita Snakecharm

Upon their arrival at the monastery, Anakita said hello to some old friends, then settled with her family into a simply-furnished but comfortable suite of rooms near the courtyard. Once they were established for their stay, Anakita slightly pushily led them in search of a meal. She was, after all, eating for two. It was clear that people at the monastery were used to adventurers, travelers, and students of various professions; no one even glanced twice at Azh trailing behind them.

Once they'd eaten their fill of the well-prepared and tasty traditional Canthan food, they had the evening free. Tomorrow, the work would start.

Gemma, Kimi, and Djalila were playing hide-and-seek in the courtyard with Stefan, and their laughs and giggles floated lightly on the evening air. Anakita grinned. It was such a pleasant, loving scene.

She could suddenly imagine herself holding an infant as she watched. Odd. Was she becoming domestic? If so, was that a good or a bad thing? She needed to care for her new child, who would of course be less independent than her older girls. But would Anakita still be herself?

Anakita shook off these thoughts. It couldn't be changed. They had been through far more together than an unplanned birth. She had fought a god, she had passed to the Mists and back while still living, she had helped delay the waking of a dragon. What was one little baby? They would be happy, no matter what.

Before the business of negotiations started the next day, Anakita had an errand to run. She briefly spoke to Stefan, then went off to talk to a few of the students and staff congregated near the gate. When she had the information she needed, she found Mara.

The Ranger smiled at the Monk. "I was wondering if you could do me a favour, Mara? I heard from Mai that there's an herbalist shop in Tsumei Village that the students go to. I wanted to get something to take in case I have the nausea again, but... I have no idea what to look for. Would you be willing to help? Ryder said she'd like to go too. It's not far, just down the road, and it's a pleasant walk."

There was no worry of danger. Nothing very frightening would last long this near the monastery, with its hordes of students eager to fight monsters to practice their skills. Nothing that a Ranger, Monk, and Elementalist couldn't take care of. Not where they were going, less than a mile from the monastery...
    Last edited by Monkey Kitty; 09-16-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Nimue Dominia

Nimue glanced at the former White Mantle.

"You're Krytan, you wouldn't understand. "

Her words were harsh, she knew, but Nimue had not felt like conducting any kind of conversation. It was difficult for her to speak to her own guild members, let alone a complete stranger who had asked her out of nowhere to divulge matters of the heart. Nimue had been depressed since the fall of Ascalon, burying her pain and sorrow in killing Charr on the cinders of her very homeland. In a rare moment, Nimue glanced at the man and spoke, it was the closest thing he would receive in an apology.

"I am not the one to try to get to know, there is Kiara, Tora and Mara who are far better company than I."

With that, Nimue left Aliexer standing there alone.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast