Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 975 1231151101501 ... LastLast
    Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Kingdom of Ninx: Forbidden Land

The Kingdom of Ninx: Forbidden Land

The wind was blowing hard across the Ninx forest. The trees were almost uprooted from the wind blowing across them. Off the coast, a whip was floundered on the jagged rocks off the Ninx coast. They had claimed many ships in the past. Some friendlier then the one now caught by it.

It was a Mordanian slave ship that had run aground and bodies were on the deck and floating in the sea. It was a wicked sight as the waves smacked into the ship and caused the bodies to float from it.

A boy, Jarvon Gillespie, laid in the hold. His head was bleeding profusely. He needed help but all those around him were dead.

No one was there.

Within the forest of Ninx, word was spreading among the elves of the floundered ship. The Mordanians were well known for their slave gathering and plundering. They were vicious and the coastal inhabitants always feared the sight of a Mordanian.

"The Mordanians are here!"

"But they are destroyed. We won without a battle!" cried another. "We are victorious!"

"The animals destroyed themselves!"

Philio was in the woods and eying the ship after he heard about it. He was more interested in the facts then the craziness of people that would not even take the time to investigate the hip. He grinned at the bodies in the water and along the coast where they washed ashore and growled, "They deserved far more."

"They should have been eaten by the Serpents while alive." He laughed.

He headed toward Titan the forest capital of Ninx, the elven kingdom. It was a splendid capital and gold was abundant on the buildings. They loved to use gold on their buildings because of it glittering. And their city was awesome to behold. It also made the elves a target.

And they didn't trust outsiders at all. Typically an outsider that entered Ninx did not return. Whether they be humans, dwarves or their cousin elves from other lands.

Philio went to see the King there. He entered the palace court and was stopped by the guards "I have news for the king. A Mordanian ship sits off the coast foundering on the rocks. There are bodies everywhere."

A guard frowned and headed into the Court and whispered in the King’s ear, “Philio brings word of Mordanins. He wants to speak to you.
    ...to the topTop

Astalanim frowned slightly when he heard that and nodded slightly as he said to the guard, "Send him in. I shall speak with him privately in my study."

He then stood up and left the throne room through a side door and headed down a short hallway to where his study was located.

Entering, he walked over to the window and just stood there and looked out, his hands clasped behind his back.

----

Alli had been wandering around outside of the palace and noticed Philio heading inside.

Deciding to wait and see what was going on, she parked herself outside of the palace gates and settled down to wait for him to return.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The guard nodded and said, "Yes your majesty."

He left the court and went back to where Philio waited for him to come back, "The king will see you in his study. Follow me."

Philio nodded and followed after the guard to the King's study.

Philio walked into the study and bowed before the king, "Your majesty."

"I have come from the ocean where there is a Mordanian vessel that has come to rest on the rocks. Bodies are everywhere but there could be something of value on the ship if we inspect it."
    ...to the topTop

Astalanim remained silent as he listened to what Philio had said.

"A Mordanian vessel you say?" he finally asked calmly as he turned to look at Philio.

"No doubt coming to capture more of our kinsmen..."

He lapsed into silence for several moments as he thought about it and then nodded and said, "Yes, I agree. We will search the vessel immediately. Thank you for the information."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Philio nodded, "Yes your majesty. A Moranian."

"I think you are probably right. A slaver."

"So the crew's fate is rightly deserved if you ask me."

Philio bowed again and said, "You're welcome your majesty. I am glad that my information is valuable. Shall I go with you to investigate?"
    ...to the topTop

"That won't be necessary." Astalanim said, shaking his head.

"Myself and my soldiers will be more than capable to conduct the investigation."

He then dismissed Philio and sat down at his desk to prepare a note for a page to send to his general.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Philio was surprised by the king's decision but bowed again, "Yes your majesty."

"I hope your investigation proves fruitful."

He was disappointed that he was not allowed to go with them. He thought he had proven himself valuable with this information but he was not.

Disappointed he headed out of the study and headed for the exit.

He walked outside and saw Alli. He tried to smile at seeing her but his disappointment in the king's decision was obvious.

He said softly to Alli, "Hi Alli. I thought I found out something that would help me get involved in the king's army but I failed." He looked down.
    ...to the topTop

Once Philio had left the study, Astalanim quickly wrote out the note and then gave it to a page to deliver.

Several minutes later, a general appeared and bowed before waiting to see what the king wanted.

"Gather a dozen of your men and meet me out front. There is a downed Mordanian vessel just off the coast and we're going to investigate and see if there's anything useful on that ship."

The general nodded and then said, "Yes sir. We'll be waiting for you within a matter of minutes."

The king nodded and said, "Good. Dismissed, General."

The general bowed again and then left the study and gathered a dozen of his men before heading toward the gates of the palace.

----

"So what's stopping you anyway?" Alli asked with a raised eyebrow as she looked over at Philio.

"We can just follow after them and find out anyway!"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Philio thought for a second and nodded, "I suppose you're right." He smirked, "I wasn't told I couldn't go just that I didn't need to join the king in his journey."

He smiled. "Yeah I think this is good." He snickered, "And maybe I can do something to prove my worth in the process."

He winked at Alli, "I'm glad I told you."

One of the general's men whispered to another and asked, "What do you suppose we're doing? I heard we're going after a treasure. Think that's true?"
    ...to the topTop

"Maybe." Alli said with a laugh.

"And I'm coming with you, Philio."

----

"No idea." another soldier said with a slight shrug.

He was about to say something else when the general frowned at them and said, "Silence!"
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 975 1231151101501 ... LastLast