Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
    Welcome to the new players!

Welcome to the new players!

As we start re-building this DCU sub-forum, I thought this is the place for all of the new arrivals to land. So, feel free to introduce yourself or just say hi.

We're really happy to have you
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the new superheroes and supervillians joining the community. We are happy to have you here. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Hello everyone,
    My name's Andrew (or Aahhz on the boards) and I am new to the play-by-post stuff; but it looks like it could scratch the itch I have been having for a good pen-and -paper game.

I am a long time RPGer (nearly 35 years now) and have played (and run) numerous games from D&D to Shadowrun and even a stint of DC Heroes back in the early 90's.

I am a huge comic fan; and mainly a DC one (I get lost in Marvel's stories). I read Titans (though am more partial to the Wolfman/Perez stuff then today's), Green Lantern (Love the Green Lantern Corps, especially Guy Gardner) and am eagerly looking forward to Hawk and Dove.

Anyway; I'm not really sure where to go from here, so any advice, hints or directions will be welcome.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Aahhz! (Any relation to the Pervert....ermm....I mean....Pervect from the Perv Dimension, Aahz?)

We have a lot of areas of RP here. From the DC Universe that Meteoro is working with, to other fantasy/sci-fi/mythical/supernatural/etc games currently in progress. You can join as many stories as you want, create as many characters as you want, or even create your own scenarios when and if you are ready.

As for where to go, well, the first post was the right place to start. If you have questions, please feel free to ask. We're happy to answer any questions you have. Feel free to look around and read any of the other active threads, and ask questions in the related OOC threads if you have any as well.

Again, welcome, and enjoy the insanity!
    ...to the topTop

I'm so glad you made it, Aahhz

Well, as we were talking through PM, the next step is to show you how we play in this "play by post" system.

Since you're a Teen Titans fan, let's say (as an example) that you're playing Robin and I'm playing Cyborg. Each one of us would post describing the actions, thoughts and dialogues of the character we're handling. The two of us, would make them interact. Here's a quick example of a set of posts.

--------------------------------------

(My post)

Cyborg walked into the Titans conference room looking a bit down and definitely tired.

"Hey, Dick, did you find anything? I'm exhausted and I have no clue"

-------------------------------------

(Your post)

"I've been checking the database and still nothing." Robin sat back in his chair and rubbed the sides of his head. "I don't think I will find a thing. Anyway, do you want some fries?" He handed Cyborg the fries.

----------------------------------

(My post)

Cyborg grabbed the fries and looked at them with disbelief. "How old are they? I'm not eating them."

--------------------------------

(Your post)

"They're good", Robin laughed. "I wouldn't poison you, now would I?"

-------------------------------

This was a very quick set of posts for you to take a look. As you can see, each poster plays his character and respects the boundaries of the other player. You, while playing Robin, can hand the fries to Cyborg, but you can't say things like "Cyborg grabbed the fries", even less "Cyborg ate the fries", that would be up to the other player.

Under this scheme, we've built some great stories in this place. Now, this is the part where you start having questions, so, feel free to ask.

Here's the more complete guide for you to check out: http://quarrelsandquills.com/showthr...and-Traditions Or just ask, in my experience, the guided tour always works best.
    ...to the topTop