Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons Haven

Dragons Haven

Dragons Haven

Keria walked down to the lake, were 2 dragons were waiting; Meka and her drakling, Bane. Bane had been hurt while trying to fly to soon. Keria sat down next to Bane, taking his foot in her hand. He had broken it by falling about 100 feet out of the air.

{Now you silly creature you'll have to stay of this paw for a few weeks. It is almost complety healed. You make sure he stayes off it now Meka} Keria said to the dragons. [Yes Lady he'll stay off the paw. Thank you Lady] Meka replyed for both dragons, then the pair flew off, mother scolding child the whole time.
    Two of draklings were flying to the lake. They cerciled above before landing, but then they saw a person and froze. The draklings were Nore and Figwin. They were curois, yet they had been warned not to trust any human at first glance. Suddenly they turned their long necks and listened for a seconed then took off. They called to their mothers to join them.

"Keria, how's the little drakling?"James said as he and danny Daney, her cosins,said as they came walking up and each huged her.
    "He'll live from the break, but I dont know if he'll live through Meka's scolding. I think I'd rather take her fire than ther toung some times" Keria said as the boys chuckeled. "How have y'all been doing"
    "We're good. Went hunting a little bit ago" Daney said trying not to grin.
    "Tent life is agreeing with them" Andrew Maclean said, James and Daney's father said as he walked over to join them. He was Keria's uncle, her father's younder brother.
    "Camping's not so bad" Keria said with a smile. The small group were on their way to investagate rumors of a child who could hear the birds talk, and call them to come eat from his/her hand. Birds being close kin to dragons, usually were attracted to young Sayers.

Keria had finally caught up with the others, a small band for 4 royals, but they had the Dragons helping to protect them, there were only 50 people in the camp with 35 of those people being guards. They're 5 days journey from Castle Haven, and have another 5 days to go before reaching the village where the child they're going to find is. Right now they're traveling through forest Silverwood.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ...to the topTop

Lanai hummed softly to herself as she wandered around the forest just outside of the village where she begged for coins or scraps of food.

The forest had grown to be her favorite place since it gave her a safe haven to get away from the people who insisted on badgering her. Ever since she had left the orphanage a couple of weeks prior, she was almost constantly harassed by the townspeople, wanting the little girl to get out of their town since they said that she didn't belong.

As a result, she spent as much time as possible in the woods, trying to find the courage to move there permanently. Sitting under one of the trees, she had found some seeds and berries in a nearby bush and called a few of the birds to her and she smiled slightly as the birds ate the seeds from her hands.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bellin frowned as he was walking the path toward the village where he picked up supplies he couldn't get in the woods. He heard an incessant hum that was driving him bonkers. He scowled. He wanted the woods to himself.

He was even moreso annoyed when he saw her eating his berries. His because he considered the area to be all his. He growled to himself. But he wasn't going to confront her. He didn't trust anyone so he took a wide berth to avoid the girl altogether.

Unfortunately his sleeve got caught on a thorny bush and he got annoyed and began to yank on it and it ripped his sleeve. He growled and thought it was the girl's fault for being in his woods.

"Stupid thornbush..." he growled and zapped it with some magic that made the thorns fall to the ground.
    ...to the topTop

Lanai frowned when she heard Bellin stomping through the woods and she idly wondered to herself why he couldn't learn to walk more quietly.

She had seen him multiple times and only shook her head, especially when her bird friends flew up into the trees. Sighing softly to herself, she tossed the rest of the seeds into the underbrush and then finished her berries before standing up and starting to pick some more as she completely ignored Bellin.
    ...to the topTop

No one had ever been attacked in the Silverwood before, so every one was very relaxed, as they sat around eating their dinner. Armor had been laid aside, and their weapons were put up in the tents. There was no known need for the men to be armed till night fall. Keria and her family dined on the deer Daney had managed to take down. During the meal the forest had gone quite. Eerily so. The dragons had reluctantly left to go hunting on their own as well, not happy with leaving the group of humans so unprotected, and Keria sensed their unease. Some thing was up but she couldn't tell what. The birds wouldn't come close enough to for Keria to get a good feel of what was going on. Out of know where a flurry of arrows rained down on the small group. Many of the guards we're hit. Daney took a an arrow to the shoulder, while James fell back on the ground, an arrow sticking out of his chest in the place his heart would be. Andrew had grabbed Keria and pulled her under himself shielding her. Andrew took an arrow in the leg. The camp was reduced to utter chaos, as men scrambled to get to their weapons and armor. Many had been critically wounded, and several were already dead. As Andrew stood and pulled Keria to her feet, she saw James laying dead on the ground. Keria wanted to scream but she couldn't. At that same time they remaining group was attacked buy a large group of men on foot. THe few guards that reached their weapons started to defend against their attackers, while the one's with out were cut down.

Keria looked around and found Daney emerging fron their tents holding swords and calling out to his father. Andrew rushed and took a sheild and sword from his son.
    "Keria call the dragons, Daney take her and get as far away as you can" Andrew said before joining his men.

{MEEKKAA!!!!} she called out to her dragons. [On our way Little One, meet us at the lake] Meka replayed. The dragons had flown a great distance off inorder to find a good meal for themselves.
    "Come keria" Daney said as they started off in the direction if the lake almost unnoticed. Almost. 2 of the attacking "bandits" had followed them to the lake. But they had no intentions of doing harm to the girl and boy. Their orders had been to find them, and take them captive, or follow them if they were unable to do so.

"What was that?!" Keria asked/screamed. "We're supposed to be safe in Silverwood! NO ONE's ever been attacked by any bandits of any kind before!"
    "I dont know Keria" was all Daney would say. He winced as he moved his left arm a little. He had broken the shaft of the arrow in half and was attempting to pull it out. They could hear the fighting in the distance.
    "Here let me" Keria said, her hands trembling. She send a little wave of magic down the arrow to stop the pain and bleeding as she tried to yank the arrow out. "Thankfully your cousin is a healer, huh?"
    It took a bit of tuggin but the arrow finally came out. Keria noticed the sounds of fighting had almost ceased by then.

Large shadows had appeared over the camp, a little after Keria and Daney had left. The adult dragons descended upon the remaining "bandits" and made short work of them. They send the draklings ahead to the Lake to meet up with Keria and Daney.
    [Take the younglings and go on ahead we'll clean this up Little One.. You dont need to see this mess] Meka told Keria.
    {What about Uncle? Meka what's going on?} Keria asked.
    [NOT NOW KERIA. GET GOING] Meka said more forcefully than ever before.

"Keria whats going on? Was it Meka or one of the others?" Daney asked when his cousin had gone quiet.
    "Yes. She said to wait on the younglings then get going on to the town fast as we can" Keria said
    "What about father?"
    "She didnt say. Just that they would meet up with us later" Keria replied. She finished wrapping his shoulder in the strips on cloth she had torn from her skirt. 'This is why I wear skirts some times. They come in handy' She thought.
    "We need to get you to a more skilled healer" she said as she finished. Daney winced slightly as she knotted the strips in place and put a sling over his head to hold his arm. They didnt have to wait long for the draklings to catch up. When they did, the 6 of them set off in the general direction of the town they had been heading to in the first place. Daney and Keria were quiet and somber, worried, as they walked, and the drakings flew above.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Bellin was annoyed now with his ripped sleeve. He paused and looked back at the girl who had caused him to go out of his way.

He saw that she was picking more berries and that was to much for him. He stalked over and said, "How mamy berries are you intending to take?"

He shook his head.
    ...to the topTop

"As many as I need." Lanai replied calmly as she continued to pick berries and refused to even look over at Bellin.

"Anyway, they don't belong to you so it really isn't any of your concern."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Bellin's face grew dark with anger and he shook his head. Finally he just balled his fists and growled, "What makes you think they're not mine?"

"I live here! Where did you come from?"
    ...to the topTop

"So what?" Lanai retorted as she glared at Bellin and popped a berry into her mouth.

"You don't own the forest. I can pick berries if I want to."

She deliberately avoided answering his question and then returned to picking berries and wondering where she could go.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Bellin growled, "Why don't I own the forest? I've lived here for several years."

"And I haven't seen you here before."

He frowned, "I ask again. Where did you come from?"
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast