Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting and plot

Setting and plot

Alright this is just a basic plot of the country (sorry it's written so bad!)

Plot: Long ago Arcanium was inhabited solely by the humans, Schlyvokk, and shifters. Times were prosperous and the humans were nearly all gifted with a Grace of some sort. When the elves traveled to Arcanium to settle their they brought with them Dragons. The humans and the elves with their dragons lived in haramony for many years and actually started crossing races. However, when a young elf who rose to power became jealous of the humans and their Graces the elves did something terrible. They stole the magic of humans (still not sure how so don't ask that question!). Thus the mixing disasters started.

Humans are at war with the elves and their dragon riders. The shifters are being forced into hiding from both sides. The Schlyvokk are growing in numbers and reaping havoc in their attempt to feed their endless hunger for blood. The Tyenhok Warriors are taking advantage of the war and raiding towns in the north. The economy have tanked and everyone is struggling. Despite this cities go on and people still live trying to avoid the destruction of war that ravages their land.

Setting: Arcanium is a large country with nearly every land feature, There's mountains along the west coast, a desert in the south, a plain in the center, a massive forest in the north, and farther than that a tundra. The north east is dominated by a thick mountain range, and east coast is plain and forest mix. Rivers crisscross the entire country and major cities have formed along coast lines and rivers.
    The time period is roughly medieval.

Again, sorry it's not written very well and there's no pictures. Any questions I'll clarify! Oh, and I'm open to ideas!
    ...to the topTop

alright guys now we need to find where all this starts! I have several cities and towns planned out that this could start in or it could start on the road. Just let me know what you guys want and the best direction for the plot line to head!
    ...to the topTop

Since we're in the middle of a war between Elves and Humans, I think it would be interesting having at least one city of each. Sometimes it works greatly to use cities that aren't necessarily the ones in the heart of the battle, it helps give the vibe of war, but not getting started with a full assault all at once.

My character will have a place to live in both cities, since she passes as both human and elf. So, focusing on any of these two cities would be good for me to get started.
    ...to the topTop

Ok there's Corliss which is a human city located one the ocean on the East coast and so it is a port city.
    There's Umber which is a human city settled on the out skirts of the southern desert

There's Ozmite, which is an Elven city located in the North East at the base of the mountains
    and there's Dulm which is an Elven city located on the far side of the western mountains, it is on the coast and in the North West

You'll have to tell me which ones you like, none of them are directly affected by the war... yet... but the signs can clearly be seen in the economy and such...
    ...to the topTop

As long as it's a human and an elf city, it works for me. You guys choose the ones that work best for you.
    ...to the topTop

I think Corliss and Ozmite would probably work best because they aren't too far apart and I think a port city could create an interesting story should we decide to travel somewhere! There's several other areas besides Arcanium but I think we should focus on Arcanium for the start and decide to bring in others later if we choose to. Anyway, I think those are the two best chooses but we can wait to see what Jas says before we start if you want.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think any elven city would be best. Because of Irena's eyes, she is safer there. Aside from that, I have no preference. They will be there for food and supplies.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

So it can start in Ozmite! I'll start a thread called Ozmite: the beginning, is that good with everyone?? We can just start our story line there!!
    ...to the topTop

Sounds good to me, Red. Go ahead and get it started
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds great to me. I'm ready and excited.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast