Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Derryn was a little confused by the reaction of the human. He saw the look of shock on her face when Irena called for the wolves, and it was obvious that was what caused her to react. Was she just giving up and leaving like that? There had to be something more going on, but he had no idea what it was. Were it not for the presence of the elf, he probably would have pressed the matter more to find out what the human was up to. As the human left, he turned his attention solely to the elf. "The wolves will not bother us," he answered her calmly, sword still in hand. "I haven't seen those flowers."

As he said that, the small campfire began to be surrounded by wolves. The single large grey wolf from earlier, the alpha of his pack, walked into the firelight, over to Irena.

<<You called for help?>> The wolf growled to Irena.

Irena knelt onto the ground, face-to-face with the wolf. Most who knew anything about dealing with wolves knew that you never looked them into the eyes. To do so would be considered a challenge to the wolf. Yet, without fear, Irena looked directly into the wolf's eyes and growled her response. <<I was scared. There was a human and this elf. The human left after I called for help, now the elf won't leave.>>

The wolf sniffed the air and looked at the elf and at Derryn holding the sword in hand, back to the wolf. <<Your alpha appears to be able to deal with the elf. I don't smell danger.>>

Irena looked over at the elf. <<She's not dangerous?>>

<<I don't like how she smells. I don't trust her. She isn't a threat at the moment. I will leave three of my pack here with you until you are safe.>>

<<Thank you.>> She hugged the neck of the wolf quickly. He shook his head, not liking the embrace and pulled back. He walked back to the pack, in the direction where Eli was.

<<You three, stay here with the humans and make sure they are safe. Rejoin the pack at the great rock.>> The alpha wolf said to Eli and the two wolves next to her.

Derryn heard the growls behind him, but kept his focus on N'Ath. "Will there be anything else?" he asked the elf.
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 10-27-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Updated Images
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpgELI
    Eli joined the pack and stayed on the fringes of the firelight while Braylon, the pack Alpha, went to speak with the humans. Her ears twitched and her head tilted slightly allowing her to hear the conversation between Braylon and the small timid human.

Eli did not unserstand this human female. She was so timid and scared when it came to beings of her own race yet she looked Braylon in the eyes without fear? Eli felt a small connection with the female. Despite their drastically different personalities Eli could sense an aura of sorrow around the child, not far from her own. The only difference was Eli was more carefully guarded. No one knew her pain and she prefered it that way because then no one could use it against her.

Eli thought about her family... her brothers and sister... how much she had loved them... how it was her fault... She sighed deeply and pushed the thoughts away for later. As she listened she wondered about Braylon's words of not trusting the elf. Eli didn't trust her and from her spot on the fringe of the fire light Eli watched the elf carefully. Yes, there was something strange about this elf. Perhaps it was the way she carried herself, or the look in her eyes, but something made Eli uneasy about her presence, besides the fact that it had cost her a meal. Eli growled irritably.

Braylon came back to them and told three of them to stay. Eli being among that three. She instantly turned to other two and snapped at them, baring teeth, to enforce her position as leader of the small group. They crept forward behind the humans as the rest of the pack disappeared into the trees. Eli positioned herself just behind the humans and watched the elf carefully, this time ignoring the smell of the tempting food.
    ...to the topTop

N'Ath

N'Ath looked a bit surprised when she saw the girl talking with the wolf. The boy and girl didn't seem too pleased to have her around, but she wouldn't leave, not that easily. "I see you can talk with the wolves, that's nice. You're not an elf, are you a human and this is your Grace? And you. boy, are you... either of them?" The white haired girl walked a little closer to the tense new arrivals and sat down in a piece of chopped wood right next to them. "If you're planning on going to Ozmite you should be careful. It's not as if it's a big secret, but you know, humans and elves are at war." She paused for a moment as she dug through her basket. "Good for you I don't believe in war. Do you want something to eat? I have some bread." She extended her hand with a piece of some fragrant slices of food. "I made it yesterday, but it's still fresh."

"Anyway, if you still want to go to Ozmite, I can help you."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Derryn looked a little surprised at her words, and Irena moved into his back more, more afraid from her words. Because of Irena's purple eyes, she is always confused for an elf. How did this elf detect differently? For that matter, what did she mean about Derryn not being either? Could she somehow detect he was a shifter?

Derryn recovered quickly from the surprise and narrowed his eyes. "Yes, we know of the war, and we are able to get along well enough in elven cities." Neither reached for the outstretched food, although Irena did eye it carefully. Derryn continued to address N'ath. "Why do you think we need help getting to Ozmite?"
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 10-27-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Updated Images
    ...to the topTop

N'Ath

"It was just a courtesy." N'Ath added as she took back the slice of bread and ate it herself. "I know it's hard to trust people these days, but not everyone is inlove with this war. I'm happy to help those in need and those in pain. It's my call, you know." She smiled at them. "You can come to my place if you like. I don't have much food myself, but I can cook you some nice breakfast. Trust me, I know good people when I see them."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Derryn eyed the elven woman with suspicion. He didn't know what to make of her offer. Irena was also concerned, but the thought of the food did sound appealing to her. She looked back at the three wolves, looking for the alpha of the three and looked directly at Eli.

<<She has offered to help us and give us food.>> She growled to Eli. <<What do you think? Is it safe?>>

She paused after asking and tilted her head slightly in confusion, looking directly into Eli's eyes. She had never seen green eyes on a wolf, green eyes that looked so much like Red's. There was another who had green eyes like that.

<<Shifter?>> She growled, not sure if that were true or not, but it would make sense that the human that was just here wasn't human after all.
    ...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpgELI
    Eli was fuming at this elven woman who had offered them food and it took a great amount of effort to not attack her. So she makes me lose my meal and then offers it to them! Eli eyed her angrily.

When the young woman turned to her to ask if it was safe Eli thought carefully. She was angry with the elven woman and she was very distrustful of this woman. However when the girl asked about shifters Eli nearly froze and gave herself away. She wondered how this small girl knew shifters retained their eye color. She decided that she shouldn't let these humans know that she was a shifter, not yet...

<<Shifter?>> Eli asked putting the perfect amount of curiousity in her voice. <<I don't know of shifters>> She told the girl. <<As for the strange woman...>> Eli scented the air, she smelled of a strange berry, but she again sensed no direct harm from her. <<I don't smell danger, but be weary the scent is strange. I will accompany you if you wish to go with this woman simply for food.>>
    Last edited by Red; 10-27-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Irena nodded at Eli, accepting her answer. Perhaps it was just on odd coincidence. Something in the back of her mind, though, wouldn't let go of the fact that the wolf was most likely more than she seemed.

<<Thank you for coming with us. You can eat the rest of our meat if you're hungry.>>

She remembered the human girl was hungry, and on the chance that the wolf was the woman, she felt it only right to offer her the meat. She then stood up and mewed very softly into Derryn's ear, so only he would hear. Eli, with her wolf hearing would probably hear her mews, but most likely not N'Ath.

<<Let's go with her. The wolf will come with us. I offered her our meat as reward.>>

Derryn nodded and responded to N'Ath. "We will go with you to your house, but the wolf comes with us."
    ...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpg
    Eli was so happy when the girl offered her the food that she nearly tackled her. Instead her yelped her pleasure and her thanks. So as not to give herself away as the starving human she slowly walked to the fire and waited patiently for them to pull it off before attacking it. She ate so fast that she was hardly able to savior the flavor but at this point anything food was good. After swallowing the meal nearly whole she realized that the girl would probably notice the fact that she was starving and if she was still at all suspicious she might connect that. Eli shrugged off her worries simply thinking that she shouldn't worry about it now.

After the short lived meal Eli turned to the other wolves. <<Go back to Braylon and the pack and tell him I'm accompanying the humans as I guide and will be in touch later.>> The wolves hestitated for only a moment before disappearing into the woods to follow orders. Eli then walked to the human girl and gently nudged her fingers, licking them as an extra thanks for the meal. She waited to see what the elf would think of Eli coming along.
    Attached Images
    ...to the topTop

N'Ath

"I love it that you're friends with wolves," N'Ath said not really surprised, "if more elves learned how to relate with other creatures, they would learn to be more tolerant... Gods! How we need more people like that. I have no trouble bringing in the wolf, it seems to like you a lot and that's good enough for me. Let's get walking, my place is not too far from here but I'm already hungry. I haven't had breakfast yet."
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast