Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Derryn put away his sword and took Irena's hand. He gave her a comforting smile and nod and followed after the elf.

Irena looked down at the grateful wolf and gave a slight smile. Between Red and the animals she was able to find a little bit of peace in her world.

<<Thank you for coming with us. I feel better that you are here.>> She growled to Eli.

Sent through the looking glass.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpg
    <<A friend of Braylon is a friend of mine>> Eli responded to the girl with a light growl. She walked close to the humans and let Irena's hand brush her fur every so often. She realized on the walk to the elf's house that she was comfortable. It was in her pack and her Alpha instincts to protect and now she had someone to protect, even if it was only for a short time. It felt good all the same.

Eli, although still cautious of the elf that walked a few yards ahead, let her mind wander. Absentmindedly she thought about her bag, Shit! shit shit shit! She thought mentally berating herself for her forgetfulness. She'd have to come back out later after she parted ways with the humans and retrieve it. She just prayed she could get back to it before someone else found it and took it.

After she made sure she'd remember to get her bag she thought about the humans. She liked the gentle female, she decided. Her fearful nature had irratated Eli at first but now that she was in the position of a guardian she felt completely different. She wanted to protect this girl and would do so at all costs. The young man was different however, he held a different fascination for Eli. She wasn't sure why but she felt drawn to this strange boy who was also gaurding the young woman. His eyes were gorgeous and she wondered if hers were at all the same. People had commented on the power and captivation they held but no one had ever used the word beauty, exceot her father. His strange hair made him unique and she admired his strong physique.

Eli shook her head. What am I thinking! She thought.He's a human! And yet, Eli couldn't not notice these features about him... the way he walked.... Eli shook her head again and huffed. Enough! She snarled to herself.

She continued on the walk making sure she thought only of the female's protection and nothing about the male.
    ...to the topTop

Denesha!!

"Oh, Tinkle!, isn't it beautiful?" A young girl with pink pigtails with red ribbons in them danced around the room showing off her new red dress with pink bows at the sleeves and the waist. She twirled a doll with blue hair in pigtails around and around the room. It was hard to believe that the elf girl was nearly 20 years old because her outfit and her room belonged to a girl of seven or eight. There was pictures of unicorns on parchment attached to the wall, her bed was covered in stuffed animals, all toys that were created specifically for her because she had cried and nearly brought down the palace when her old wooden toys had hurt her cheeks when she squeezed them. Her bed had a white fluffy piece of fur that belonged to an animal that Denesha had never seen. At first, she had been upset to think some poor animal had died to clothe her bed, but her Uncle had assured her that the animal had died of old age. Besides, if it wasn't keeping her warm at night, it would just be getting dirty and gross out in the weather. The girl giggled uncontrollably as she twirled her doll around and hummed to herself.

Then, a sudden pain stabbed her in the stomach and she nearly fell to the floor. While groaning, Denesha carefully lay on the bed. Her stomach felt tied up in knots and she was hungry! Only the hunger she was feeling was not the hunger that food would satisfy. She needed to feel the frustrating emotions of others, but everything was happy in the castle. No one got frustrated with her anymore. She knew that if she didn't fix this, the demon side of her would take over and chaos would result. "No! You poopy stomach! I won't let you hurt people!"

There was only one thing she could do. She had to leave her comfortable home and seek out strangers who weren't used to her. She needed to feel their frustration. With a tear in her eye that froze the second it formed, Denesha bid goodbye to her wonderful room full of lovely things. Slipping on her heaviest cloak and grasping her precious companion Tinkle! to her heart, she slid out of the room. One stop to the kitchen to get some food for her trip, Denesha was ready to leave her home and travel for the safety of herself and others. The demon must never wake up!
    Clones under the MC account: Berchnal, Justine, The Zee Twins: Daizee and Maizee, A Man of Mystery, Styx and Kratos
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Derryn and Irena still walked hand-in-hand as they followed N'Ath. Irena's other hand moved over to Eli's fur and stroked it softly. She spoke softly to the wolf, wanting to get to know her better. She still believed there was more to her than met the eye, and hoped she could make the wolf comfortable enough to share.

<<My name is Irena. The man I'm traveling with is Derryn. I call him Red. Do you have a name?>>
    ...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpg
    Eli liked the girl's company, especially the warmth of her hand on her back. When she asked for her name Eli debated. If she told them her real name it would give her away if she met them again as a human. However she didn't want to lie to this young girl that already seemed so sad. She decided to do something she never did. Eli gave the girl her real first name.

<<I am called by several names but you may call Kalin. I'm glad to have your company Irena, as I am Derryn's.>> Eli was silent for a moment. <<Do you call him Red because of his fur? and how would you prefer I refer to the man?>> She asked Irena.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Irena giggled at the question. <<Yes, it is because of the red streak in his hair, and his fur.>> She realized she may have said too much, but it was actually a calculated risk. She had never known any animal to go by more than one name, and for her not to refer to Derryn as her alpha was also a little curious. Every wolf she ever talked to always referred to him as her alpha, not the man. <<You can call him by either name, he answers to both.>>
    ...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpg
    Eli caught the fact that she said 'his hair and his fur'. She thought carefully about what that could possibly mean. 'And his fur' could have simply been a bad phrasing of her words in an attempt to make her understand however it didn't sound like it. Could it possibly be true that the man had fur too? that he was a shifter too? Eli wasn't ready to take the risk of revealing herself as a shifter quite yet, particularly in front of the elf. But she simply couldn't let it go. If it was even possible that the man was a shifter too then perhaps she'd finally have someone like herself. Eli had never known another shifter other than her father and he was gone now. She wanted desperately for this long shot to be true. She wanted someone to teach her to control her ability more, someone she could talk to that would understand.

She decided to take a risk and see if she could discover anything from Irena, <<And his fur?>> she asked her with a cute little head tilt. <<His hair and his fur? What do you mean by this?>>
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Irena smiled as Eli tilted her head. <<Red is much more than he seems, as I suspect you are as well. I think you share more than just green eyes.>> She pauses and looks at Derryn for a moment. Was she making the right decision by revealing this? Would he be upset when he found out? She didn't know why, but she had to know for certain if her suspicions were true about their new wolf companion.

She sighed and looked at Eli again. <<He has been my guardian and protector for many years. He has been the only one in my life since our families....>> She paused as a wave of sadness washed over her. <<....Since we lost our packs.>> She finished after a moment, using a term that the wolf would understand in case her suspicions were wrong. She wiped some tears from her eyes, which caused Derryn to look over at her.

"Are you ok?" he asked her softly, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

She nodded her head. "Yes, I'm fine. Just talking to Kalin."

"Kalin? Is that the wolf's name?"

She nodded again, then looked back at Eli, growling once more. This time, she decided to press her suspicions. It would be up to Eli to confirm or deny the suspicions. <<I know you have to be careful. I was scared when you first came into the camp. I didn't know you, or know why you were there. There are so many that want to kill us. I don't know who I can trust. I can trust Red, and I can trust animals. Animals are my friends. Are you my friend? Can I trust you?>>
    ...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpg
    Eli actually froze mid stride when the girl admitted Derryn was more than he seemed. She knew that in that moment she had given herself away, but she didn't care, she was too shocked, excited, weary, happy, too much everything. She quickly picked up her step and fell back into stride with Irena. As Irena continued talking she revealed more. She had lost her family too.... That was the sorrow that she had sensed about the girl. She assumed Derryn had done his part and shoved aside his own pain to protect the girl. She wondered how much of it still weighed on his heart.

Instantly Derryn noticed Irena's tears and squeezed her hand gently. Eli was jealous of the obvious love they shared. She wasn't angry or envious in a negative way. She was happy they still had each other, she simply wished she still had someone with her. When Irena asked her of trust Eli wasn't sure how to respond. She wanted to be there for this tiny human with amazing power but she was scared. Never had she openly admitted her true race to anyone. However, this girl, and the man that protected her so fiercely they couldn't possibly be dangerous could they? No, it wasn't them that made Eli uneasy, it was the elf, something was not right about this strange elf walking ahead of them.

She choose her words carefully and spoke with care. <<You can trust me Irena. You and Derryn are safe within my protection. I hold much power and am very much more than I appear. I think you've discovered the basics of my ability but you only know a fraction of my true nature. Everything will be told with time. I appreciate your trust and will hold it in my heart.>> Eli licked Irena's fingers again. She had to ask directly. She had to be positive that she had found another shifter. Eli's heart was beating fast and she finally was beginning to feel something that she hadn't felt in a long time. Hope. For the first time since her family's cruel murder Eli felt hope. <<Derryn is a shifter, isn't he?>>
    Last edited by Red; 10-27-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    Corazmir Moonjacket
    Shu-Jiang-Wei1.jpg

Corazmir strode down the forest path, his boots leaving the mist in swirls behind him. He was nearly to the city, and he was immensely curious to see it. He still missed the ocean the spray of the sea. However he had finally gotten comfortably on his land legs. After spending so long on the rolling deck of a boat, it seemed so odd for the ground to always be solid underneath him. He began whistling a jaunty tune the sailors on his last ship had sung. According to the last traveler he had spoken too, there was a village outside the city. That was where he wanted to stop first.

After a bit of whistling and powerful striding, through the dim grey light he became aware of the fact that there were others in the forest around him. He shifted his hands slightly in the long folds of his jacket, finding the rings that would slide well balanced throwing knives into his hands, but he didn't draw them. He kept his hand away from the long slender sword at his hip. He was sure his whistling had given him away by this point. However, live and let live, his new motto. Still pretty fresh, his face briefly wore a self-deprecating smile, remembering his pirating days not too long ago. He had given it up though, and he had a new goal now. This was only the beginning. He ended up so lost in thought that he didn't notice the shapes moving through the woods near him.
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast