Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    eli wolf.jpg
    Eli stiffened as soon as she felt Derryn's arms around her body. She considered resisting him but she was suddenly incredibly tired of living life all on her own. She wanted his help. As soon as he kissed her muzzle she sank into his chest and whimpered softly. Eli watched Irena come closer through blurry vision. She was suddenly very tired. All she wanted to do was close her eyes and sleep. She was vaguely aware that Derryn was talking to Irena and then Irena was talking to her. Her eyes fluttered.

No! She couldn't fall asleep, not yet, they still needed to get out of here. Eli nodded slightly. She wondered where the best place to take them was. She debated quickly before making a decision. "Head straight down this street then make a left at the baker's shop. When you get there you'll walk until you find the tavern called Seven Crows. Just past Seven Crows make a right. Head straight for the cemetery. Once there find the crypt with the staircase heading down. There's a chain at the bottom. Pull it." Eli hoped Irena could rely her message to Derryn properly. She was so tired. She laid her head on his shoulder and sighed. "Can I sleep now?" She whispered to no one in particular as Irena came in and out of focus.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Irena shook her head and gently rubbed Eli's body, away from the wound, to keep her awake. << No, Eli, you can't sleep. You need to talk to me, tell me where to go. >> She looked at Derryn. "Straight down this street to the bakery." She told him.

Derryn could see that Eli was falling asleep. That was not good. "I have some cloth in my belt by my sword. Bind her wound. I'll hold her still while we walk." Derryn replied, walking in the direction indicated. "And keep talking to her, don't let her sleep."

Irena nodded and grabbed the tattered remains of the clothing as she continued talking to Eli. << I'm going to wrap this around you while we walk. It will hurt. Promise not to hurt me? >>
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpg
    Eli looked at Irena with large green eyes. She nodded slightly. She knew it would hurt and clenched her muzzle shut. As soon as the wrap came close to her wound Eli flinched causing Derryn to hold her tighter. Irena began wrapping and as she did Eli whimpered slightly thinking she was sounding rather pathetic. She licked Irena's arm as she worked to avoid nipping at her against the pain.

"I'm sorry I've caused you so much trouble." Eli laid her head back down on Derryn's but kept view of Irena as best she could. "Thank you." Eli closed her eyes and for a brief moment she was afraid they wouldn't reopen but she forced them open again to see Irena's face.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Derryn held Eli firmly, enough to keep her secure, but not enough to cause her additional pain. Irena ran a hand through Eli's fur after she finished binding her. It wasn't easy doing while they were walking, but there was little choice.

"Left here, Red," Irena said as they arrived at the bakery. As they started down the new street, Irena talked to Eli again. << Just stay awake, Eli. We turned left at the bakery. What's next? >> Irena remembered what Eli had said, but needed Eli to interact with her, to keep her awake.
    ...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpg
    <<Seven Crows>> Eli picked her head up. <<Have we passed Seven Crows yet?>> She stared down the road. <<No, it's there! Just passed there make a right and head straight>> She laid her head back down. Irena's hand felt good gently rubbing her fur. She sighed deeply causing her to wince slightly. She watched as shops, taverns, and old buildings went by her vision. <<Soon we should see a cemetery.>> She told Irena who nodded in response. Irena was talking to her but her words didn't register properly in Eli's mind. She was too busy focusing on staying awake and getting to the cemetery. Eli knew that once they were in the tunnels they would be out of trouble from the city guards. Finally she saw grass beneath Derryn's feet and knew they were there. <<Head straight, to the back of the cemetery. There's a crypt with a statue of Senka the Shadow Goddess and a flight of stairs. Go down them. At the bottom there is a chain on the wall. Pull the chain.>> Eli picked her head up again a moment later and saw the statue of Senka. She knew then that they would reach the safety of the thieves guild before the guards reached them. She simply had to stay awake through the tunnels. They were halfway there.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Derryn and Irena

Derryn and Irena walked quickly through the streets. Irena run her hand through Eli's fur, talking to her, asking her questions. Derryn did not like the direction they were going, but knew there was little choice in the matter. Both Irena and Derryn hoped that Eli was bringing them someplace safe, not getting them more lost in a delusional state.

"I don't like this," Derryn said as they walked through the cemetery to the crypt.

"This is where she's telling us to go," Irena responded, but looking nervous herself. She pointed to the crypt with the statue in front. "We need to go down stairs in there and look for a chain on the wall at the bottom."

"I have a bad feeling about this," Derryn said as they walked into the dark crypt. "Irena, see if you can find a torch. Take the flint and steel from my pouch and light it as I've shown you before."

Irena nodded and found a torch on a nearby wall. She took out the flint and steel and struck it together over the torch until it blazed to life. She put the flint and steel back in Derryn's pouch and took the torch off the wall. The stairs were easy to find. Irena kept talking to Eli as they descended the stairs.

"Look, there's a chain on that wall," Irena said, pointing to a chain on a wall in the middle of the hall. "You think that's it?"

Derryn nodded. "Most likely. See if it is easy for you to pull. I don't want to put Eli down if I can help it."

Irena walked to the chain and grabbed it with her free hand and pulled. The chain didn't move. She looked at Eli and spoke to her. <<Is this the chain? How do we pull it? It won't budge.>>
    ...to the topTop

eli wolf.jpg
    it won't budge? It won't budge? Eli stared at the chain in confusion. How could it not open? This was the chain, this was the one they. She knew this was the right chain. She stared at the chain again trying desperately to focus on the chain. Suddenly Eli understood what was going on. This wasn't the chain, this wasn't even a chain at all. <<Gabriel,>> She growled to Irena <<Gabriel is the master of the thieves guild, he's the best shadow wielder in the city. Look at the chain, can you see the slight white flare on the chain?>>. Eli wasn't sure if the only reason she could see it was because of her heightened vision or not, it was dark in here for human eyes. <<Gabriel made it look as if there is a chain here but it's not actually a chain!>> Eli was suddenly anxious to get into the tunnels, something about the crypt had suddenly changed. A strange scent had blown in from the outside and she didn't like what it carried. <<We need to get in the tunnels.>> She said tensely despite her grog. She tried to hide her tension from Irena who she knew would become increasingly nervous. She wasn't sure if Derryn would pick up on it. <<walk down the wall until you see the third hanging chain. Try that one.>> She sighed and laid her head down looking backwards over Derryn's shoulder at the stairs they had come down as they crept further into the darkness.
    ...to the topTop

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829