Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Basics

Zombie Basics

Zombie Basics

Here are the basic "rules" about zombies in "Fall of Civilization":

1. The Zombie Virus was created by a group of American scientists who were creating a new biological weapon.
    2. There is no known cure to the Zombie Virus.
    3. If you are bit by a zombie you become one.
    4. The only way to truly kill a zombie is to destroy its brain.
    5. Zombies feed on the living. They prefer to eat humans but will also hunt animals.
    6. Humans are the only living things that can become infected with the Zombie Virus.
    7. Zombies have excellent hearing and loud noises attract them.
    8. Zombies have also have an excellent sense of smell and can detect blood from miles away.
    9. Zombies tend to travel in groups.
    10. Zombies don't talk but can communicate with each other through grunts and groans.
    11. There are several strains of the Zombie Virus that do different things to people:
    -One strain causes intense physical mutations
    -Another causes the zombie to have more enhanced instinctual brain functions.
    -Another allows the zombie to metabolize its meals and allows it to repair muscle damage from nonlethal wounds and movement.
    -Another causes the zombie to be very athletic and allow its body to remain in top condition longer.
    12. "Dragger" is the nickname for a zombie.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 02-08-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    Are all zombies they same? Or are there subtypes of zombies?
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

Well I would think that since a virus can affect different people in different ways, there could be subtypes. Is there are a certain subtype you would like to see in the story?
    ...to the topTop

At some point maybe some more athletic zombies, some sort of mutation in the virus that keeps the body in top condition longer after death. I'm sure I can think up plenty more given time though
    ...to the topTop

I like that idea. Feel free to come up with more too.

...to the topTop

We are always open to ideas.
    ...to the topTop

So I was thinking about this tonight, what if there were several strains of this virus that do different things to the infected individual. The standard zombie will be the most common. But say one strain causes intense physical mutations. Say one leaves the zombie with a bit of brain function, giving it some more enhanced instinctual brain functions. Another would allow zombies to metabolize their meals, so if they are able to eat they can keep repairing muscle damage from movement and nonlethal wounds.

Just a thought
    ...to the topTop

I like your thoughts. We can definitely do that.
    ...to the topTop

I like your ideas well Revelator, it'll work well with your idea about the Containment Squad.
    ...to the topTop

Is the only way to get infected to be bitten? In some zombie-verses, people become zombies when they die, regardless of how they've died. Thoughts?
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast