Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is offline Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    On the Wrong Page... Cloney's Multiversal Misadventures...

On the Wrong Page... Cloney's Multiversal Misadventures...

Here's the start of the storyline: http://quarrelsandquills.com/showthr...l=1#post192906

This is a humorous adventure led by my George Jefferson Cloney character across multiple realities. Cloney has the ability to leap from one universe to another, and in this storyline he'll be leading a group of characters across the multiverse on a nonsensical road-trip. The story starts in the Cross Gen RP forum, but will very soon move on the DC Universe forum.

Everyone and anyone is free to join in.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is online now Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would be interesting if a character from every setting he visits gets caught up in his adventures. Obviously, not a regular character for that SL, but an extra from that Universe that gets "kidnapped" and brought along for the insanity.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Ohhhhhhh, I like Jason's suggestion Getting characters from different places would make the setting much richer

Of course, I'm in. I think I can keep the Sinister Duck in the closet for a bit longer.
    ...to the topTop

That's a great suggestion, Jas.

I think that's definitely how things will go for this storyline.

Cloney has a habit of dragging along random people he encounters into his misadventures, so he's bound to pick up various characters from various realities/RPs. Plus he's forgetful, so he might leave characters behind, just in case someome either wants to drop out of the story or switch characters. And according to the backstory that I've established in the first few posts of the thread, almost all of the historical figures Cloney has travelled with have died. In fact, Benjamin Franklin will be departing early on after they arrive in the DCU.

I'm figuring the part Cloney stole from the Nadesico's engine will be enough to motivate Ruri into at least entering the RV, at which point Cloney will drive off to the next universe. But anyone can bring in a character from the CG RP before Cloney leaves.
    ...to the topTop

**opens Meteoro's CG Character Book**

Which one to choose, which one to choose...

Anyway, when I decide on a character, how do I make him or her join the RV?
    ...to the topTop

Maybe your character was on the Nadesico ship for some reason? Maybe Ruri had the Nadesico on a mission that somehow involved your character? If that's the case, then your character just followed Ruri when she went to go investigate the RV landing inside of the cargo bay.
    ...to the topTop

I've been considering various characters and I think I just found the right one. Following the Nadesico seems like a great idea and I did find an angle that would make my character approach the Clone in a way that makes sense.
    ...to the topTop

I don't have an appropriate character - in my opinion - for such an adventure on epic proportions, might I inquire the possibility for a new character to join the lavish adventure?

On a side note, this might be one of the greatest Ideas to ever hit an RP site ever. The Multiverse is our domain!
    ...to the topTop

New characters are very welcome. Feel free to bring in any kind of character that you want. And if you need help figuring out how to throw your character into the story just ask and I'm sure one of us we'll be able to help.

Here's some background information:
    George Jefferson Cloney is an orange clone of a god. Something went wrong with the cloning process, and so Cloney is an idiot with a knack of getting into trouble and annoying others. He has himself ascended into godhood. His godly powers gives him partial awareness of the fact that he exists in a comicbook-like universe. He's able to jump out of comic panels and enter a void where all comic panels from every comicbook exist. He then leaps across this void and enters another random comic panel in order to enter on another page, or another issue or even into another series altogether. In the RP story this means Cloney will jump out of reality and appear on another planet, in another time or in another universe. Since Cloney is an idiot he doesn't have a good sense of direction he will often times get lost and end up in the wrong place. In this story he's the mode of transportation.

Currently Cloney has his RV parked inside a spaceship called the Nadesico (which is based on an anime that I've never seen). The Nadesico was established in the Cross Gen RP years ago and was the ship of a First called Juno, whose writer is no longer active in the RP. Over the years the Nadesico has become the home of a group of misfit characters from all corners of various RPers imaginations (Anime characters, robots, werewolves, melted clone of a clone, a Dalek, a sinister rubber duck, a dragon disguised as a woman, and a Mini-Juno). Cloney has had many misadventures with the crew of the Nadesico. I had Cloney stop there first because Mattson said he wanted his character Ruri to be involved in this story line, and the Nadesico is Ruri's ship. Once Ruri is inside of Cloney's RV I will probably move the story on to the DC Universe forum, that is unless anyone has a reason for us to stick around in the CG RP forum.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    ...to the topTop

And Ruri was originally created for the RP thread because Juno had a Nadesico and no Ruri. For anyone who's seen the anime, they know why this isn't proper. And I had too much free time. Since then, she's become the straight man for much of the chaos.

I suppose this means we're all idiots.

And now down to the IC bit.
    "Idiots, too many Idiots."
    "Baka"

LM
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast