Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yes. Yes, she is.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is offline Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    M hasn't posted Meteorette getting into the RV yet. I'll wait for that before we leave.

If Dave is able to he can post Gamma getting into the RV, which might be difficult since it's not equipped with a ramp. Otherwise I'll just have Cloney unknowingly back the RV up into Gamma, not fast enough to hurt him of course, and accidentally hook him with the trailer-hitch on the back of the RV. That should hold him securely for the trip. It's a little undignified, but I don't expect any of our characters will survive this RP with their dignity intact.
    ...to the topTop

Gamma doesn't need any of those new-fangled ramp things... it's got a suction cup and a telescopic arm. It looks absurd but it works. (Now to actually try to remember how I'm formatting Gamma's text on this version of the system...)

Quote Originally Posted by Schwuldubist
    It's also great to meet you dave, especially since you clearly have great taste in television.
    Gamma probably owes more to my sick sense of humour than any taste (or lack of it) in telly... its personality owes more to Compo from "Last of the Summer Wine" (minus the underwear fetish) than any Dalek in any actual surviving footage from the show (although some of the Daleks from the denouement of "Evil of the Daleks" were beginning to act a bit like Gamma. Long story short... Imagine a couple of brain-altering machines, one that made people act like Daleks, one that made Daleks act like people. Then imagine a whole city full of Daleks going in and out of the machines, sort of like a horde of vacuum-cleaner shaped Star-bellied Sneetches. That's how the story ended, with the Doctor et al. getting out while the getting was good. (The actual scenes were filmed on a 1960s BBC budget. Imagine the scene described above performed by actual toy wind-up Daleks. I am not pulling your leg here.

Gamma's back-story is that it escaped that scene in a Dalek saucer and landed in the original CG universe quite by accident (and this was a couple of years before the Doctor Who relaunch, so the general reaction was more bemusement than anything else). Soon afterwards, its saucer got trashed (I don't remember actually how, but someone - possibly even the Clone? - may have taken it for a joyride) and since then, most of the time it's appeared it's been in the company of the Clone, Ruri, the Sinister Duck (on whose account Gamma still has a badminton racket attachment for one of its sticks, stored somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson
    Fellow Deadpool fan, I suggest checking the Archives for when the Dalek, Ruri, the Clone and company ended up in the Realm of Nightmares. Yes, the Doctor showed up as a nightmare.
    Unfortunately I think a lot of Gamma's formatting got munted during one of the forum program changes (it might have been because text sizes went from absolute font sizes to relative sizes) which would involve an alarming amount of work to try and fix. (A work around might be to copy and paste the text into a bare-bones text editor like Notepad).

Quote Originally Posted by Schwuldubist
    Deadpool fans, Doctor Fans, this is the perfect site
    Now I'm terribly excited to attack the DC universe with a party full of shenanigans.
    Hmmm... "Shenanigans"... that could actually be a useable name for the Clone and co.'s ship if it was ever to appear in a certain web-comic if the writer didn't want to worry about copyrighted names. (I've also figured out a work-around to keep Gamma around in such a situation, Q send me a PM if you want it for future reference).

But yes, this is a great site... There's a strong culture of co-operation and mutual respect that's developed over time that's kept the group alive for a very long time for an internet group - I first threw Gamma into the mix (my first attempt at anything like this) almost eight years ago and the group was already well established by then.
    ...to the topTop

Annnnnd posted. I don't quite know what an RV is so am assuming it is something like a Remuera tractor (i.e. a very flash, very expensive off-road vehicle that spends most of its time driving children half a mile to school). If not I hope it's something else that's got a tailgate and can carry a Dalek in its boot without too much drama...

And in case anyone is interested the "Telephone and Rubber Band" reference was to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh49k4Fe2YE
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Daveosaurus View Post
    Hmmm... "Shenanigans"... that could actually be a useable name for the Clone and co.'s ship if it was ever to appear in a certain web-comic if the writer didn't want to worry about copyrighted names. (I've also figured out a work-around to keep Gamma around in such a situation, Q send me a PM if you want it for future reference).
    While Shenanigans would be an awesome name for a ship, Allos is on hold, possibly forever. I hit several obstacles with the comic, so I'm not sure if I'll ever continue it.

Although, a year ago I did have an idea for a side comic that would be a few pages long that would involve Cloney getting Gamma into the Allos universe. The story would begin after Cloney took Gamma's mechanical shell for a joyride, while leaving Gamma inside of a pet carrier that's equipped with a life support unit that will keep Gamma alive. Anyway, the comic begins after Cloney has crashed and destroyed Gamma's mechanical shell, so we'll never see its copyrighted visage on panel. Cloney takes Gamma out to a used robot lot in order to buy him a new non-copyright-infringing shell. After a few parodies of copyrighted robot forms they would choose a new, original shell for Gamma.

As for names, I decided that Ruri would be referred to by a nickname that Cloney, or someone, would give her. Mattson gave me the idea of Vulcanette for the nickname. Ruri would constantly try to correct people, but wouldn't be able to say all of "Ruri" before someone interrupted her for some random reason. And so she would be stuck with the nickname.

I don't know, maybe if I ever get back into making comics again, I could do a small comic about the crew of the Shenanigans. But that would have to wait until I can at least afford to replace a broken art tablet for my computer. And that will have to wait until I've paid off a few medical bills. And then I'll have to wait until the planets are in the correct alignment and the spirits are able to plant the seeds of something funny, and worth being made into a comic, into my brain.

But feel free to PM your ideas to this account (since it has become my main account).
    ...to the topTop

Annnnnd posted. I don't quite know what an RV is-
    Sorry. I sometimes forget to translate things for people that don't have access to my limited view of American culture (almost everything I know comes from 1980's and 90's sitcoms and comicbooks).

Here's a picture that's probably close to the nonsense that I've described: http://www.chooseyouritem.com/rvs/photos/1917500/1917730.jpg
    Now that I'm looking at that picture, I think the bed is located above the cab at the front of the RV (making it a sleeping person launcher in case of a head-on collision). Meh. I'll say the bed is in the back, and a harpoon launcher was placed in that space above the cab. Or I'll retcon things when no one is looking.

RV stands for "Recreational Vehicle". It's essentially something that people and families drive on road trips, or out for camping trips, in order to bring the luxuries of home with them.
    If you've ever seen the "Blues Brothers" movie, the "Good Ol' Boys" band drove around in an RV. I'm sure there are other movies, but at 3AM here all I can think of it "Blues Brothers".
    ...to the topTop

-(and this was a couple of years before the Doctor Who relaunch, so the general reaction was more bemusement than anything else)-
    I've probably posted enough already, but I just wanted to admit that I never saw any TV show or movie involving a Dalek until a couple years ago when I watched the Doctor Who relaunch on Netflix online streaming. Thankfully, Cloney is my only character that interacted with Gamma, and so my ignorance at the time fit nicely. It's just like my never watching a single Nadesico episode of movie, which I still haven't done. If I'm not going to know about something, I might as well not know about it as the clone, because then it makes sense.
    ...to the topTop

I'm sorry it took me this long to post. I've been around but extremely distracted. I guess it's the season. Just don't confuse my distraction with lack of interest. Different things altogether

I will edit my Meteorette post so she walks into the RV.
    ...to the topTop

No need to apologize, M.

Everyone, I posted our exit from the CG reality. Feel free to give one last post there, if you want to, in order to react to the departure and trip into the void. I hope I was able to describe the void outside of reality well enough. I'm worried that it's one of those things that is clear in my head, but doesn't translate well into my typed words. If anything needs clarification let me know.
    ...to the topTop

For anyone that's keeping track, or needs a link, part two of the storyline begins in the DC forum here: http://quarrelsandquills.com/showthr...588#post193588
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast