Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    Resistance in Dissarray

Resistance in Dissarray

Miles
    oscar-isaac-image.jpg

Miles had sped in the stolen car out of town. He had known better than to try the normal highways. Rather he had gone out west, close to Indiana and taken state routes all the way North till he got to St.Henry. Once there he had stopped for gas. He had tried to act as calm as he could, and knew he didn't do a good job of it. The guy working had given him funny looks until he left. After that he began heading back east, occasionally going north till he was past Columbus. He was close to the old base now. So far it had taken him nearly three and a half hours, even with speeding down back roads. Eventually he found the right turn off and headed down a rather nondescript road. After roughly fifteen minutes of driving he came to a gatehouse.

"Identification," the guard asked gruffly.

Miles pulled out his old badge and showed it to the guard, "I know it has invalid stamped on it. But as you can see, I did once work here. However I really need to speak with Dr. Jacoby, it's extremely important," he stopped just long enough to see the guard prepare a retort before quickly adding, "Go ahead and call him to verify it."

The gate-guard grumbled a bit under his breath but held up one hand in a 'stop' motion while he reached for the phone in his booth.
    Last edited by Revelator; 12-20-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

Mike didn't always like being right but he had been right. The crazy shit with those people who weren't people anymore hadn't been stopped in Cincinnati, they had followed them to Dayton. He knew it because the radio had reports of the craziness before it went to static. As they got closer to Columbus, he was able to get a music station back. Dylan was following in his van behind Mike. Mike debated stopping at a police station to drop Mason off but decided to get the his family and Abby to the research lab first. His gut was saying that those people were just going to keep coming and coming. All he could hope for now was to put distance between them. They didn't just stay in Cincinnati and they weren't going to just stay in Dayton either. Eventually they'd get to Columbus too. He'd rather keep Mason around and have his family be safe then get stuck in Columbus with all those freaks. He only knew of this lab because of his days in the military. The average citizen knew nothing about the old base. He and Dylan parked behind Miles' stolen car as they waited to be hopefully let through the gate. If Mike had to, he plead he had women and a kid with him. Although he wasn't going to say that Mason was a convict, that wouldn't get him through the gate he was sure.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 01-03-2012 at 08:08 PM.

...to the topTop

Mason Lagister
    Amon+Amarth++Johan+Hegg+02.jpg

Mason ate in silence, sitting as far away from everybody as he could. He really didn't' want to make anybody uncomfortable. They were treating him well, he might as well make them as comfortable as possible. He stayed silent for the entire trip, even when the news was talking about Dayton being lost.
    ...to the topTop

Virgil, Nikki, and Kristina
    Jackson Rathbone.jpgOlivia Wilde.jpgrebeccaromijnstamos015fz.jpg

Virgil took them around to a back entrance of the base, usually reserved for outgoing troops. The guard looked suspicious until he saw Virgil pull up, "Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised you're here..." he began, "You know I'm not allowed you in right?"

"Look, would you just call the Colonel?" Virgil asked in a polite, for him, voice.

"Sir, I really don't think that's going to change anything," the guard said almost apologetically. The guard moved to a phone hanging on the wall. His gun wasn't "exactly" pointing at Virgil, but it was lowered and ready if it was needed. After a moment on the phone the guard hung up and returned his full attention to Virgil, "Sorry, sir, I didn't know you were still active."

"It's alright, it's so I'm still sworn to secrecy. If they let me go all together I can go blab to whoever I want. Keep me on reserve, they can still throw me in a van and put a bullet in me if I so much as say a wrong word to anyone," Virgil replied dryly.

In the back of the car Kristina's eyes furrowed into one of her highly irritated looks. She was mad, Virgil could have at least told her he was sworn to secrecy or something, or at least he was still active. At least that explained how he still made money. She had suspected him of being into drugs. In the front seat, next to him, Nikki's mouth was hanging slightly open. She had a hard time believing that they could do that to him.
    ...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

Mike was losing his patience waiting and blasted the horn on the station wagon to get the guard's attention. When the guard finally came over to him, Mike told him.

Look here, I got two women and a 10 year kid with me and I demand you let us in and let me talk to the Colonel right now.

Mike was not going to take no for an answer either.
    ...to the topTop

Abby Hall

While Mike was going for a more demanding approach to get the guard to let them through the gate, Abby tried to be nice to the guard.

Please let us in. I'm Dr. Abigail Hall, I work...worked for the National Institute of Safety and Health in Cincinnati. I was there when it all started, I can help.

At least she thought she could help. Tom, Matthew's lab assistant, had thought Abby could. She would try to help and Mike had seen those "people" up close and personal. The military had no idea what they were truly dealing with.
    ...to the topTop

Mason Lagister
    Amon+Amarth++Johan+Hegg+02.jpg

Mason sat in the back silently, trying to blend in with nothingness hoping they wouldn't ask about him, hoping they would think he was just a friend, or maybe a work associate. If they asked them how would they explain, how could the driver describe that "We saved a murderer, killed his family. Figured he deserved to live." at least that was how he pictured it.
    ...to the topTop

Base Security

The soldier in front of the guard house sighed after a moment and reached for the phone hanging just inside the house, calling the security department. After a minute they got back to him and told him that Miles story checked out. He shouldn't be allowed back in under normal circumstances. However these were quite the opposite. The guard saw another car pull up behind Miles. The guard rubbed his eyes with one hand as he opened the gate, letting Miles through. He closed the gate, and brought the second car to a strop

"Sir, this is military base, no civilian entry," was his exasperated, automatic greeting as he walked up to the window.

When the man driving got a bit snippy with him he said, "Oh yea, and who's he?" he said, motioning towards Mason in the far back.

Whatever the man was about to spit out was cut off by the woman next to him. If the guard hadn't been rigorously trained not too he would've sighed and rolled his eyes. This was supposed to be a secret base, and a bunch of people were already showing up. If this woman was telling the truth, they'd probably want her inside though.

He looked at the woman when he spoke, "Ma'am, do you have an identification badge for the department?"
    ...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

I'm not a civilian.

Mike didn't consider himself one. He had served in the Army and then was a police officer. He didn't consider himself a civilian and he couldn't help but be snippy with the guard. He felt his family and Abby's lives were at stake if he didn't get them into the base and somewhere safe. Sitting outside the base made them sitting ducks for those "people". They had made it to Dayton and eventually they would get to Columbus too if they weren't stopped. When the guard asked about Mason, Mike paused a moment. He couldn't exactly say that Mason was a convict but luckily Abby cut him off before he had to come up with some excuse for why he had Mason along.
    ...to the topTop

Abby Hall

Abby put a hand on Mike's arm to keep him from going off at the guard. She could tell he didn't like the civilian comment but she thought that he wasn't going to make them any friends or get them into the base by being rude and snippy. Her mother always told that you caught more flies with honey then vinegar. When he asked about her identification, she shook her head.

No, it's in my purse which is stuck in my office. But I can give you my employee id number, my social security number, and anything else you need to verify I am who I say I am.

Abby told the guard and gave him all the requested information he would need. She had learned to always memorize important things in case she needed them. She also added to him.

Oh and those people in the van behind us are with me too.

She figured she might as well add that now so Mike's family wouldn't be denied access to the base.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast