Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Abby Hall

Abby frowned at Virgil when he said he had planned to put Mike in either the second or third platoon. She understood his reasoning but wasn't happy about it. She didn't want to just come out an say she didn't trust that soldiers would look out for her but that's how she felt. She was only important to them because she could get them access to Matthew's research. Once they had that then she didn't think they'd care much what happened to her. The mission wasn't to make sure Abby lived, it was to make sure the research was brought back to the base. When they had Matthew's research, she'd be an afterthought to them.

I understand.

Abby told Virgil quietly but he would able to tell from her tone of voice she wasn't happy with his decision. When Mike came back and handed her the Beretta and the extra clip, she told him.

Thanks.

She might need it if things went bad even though she never fired a gun before in her life.
    ...to the topTop

Mason Lagister
    sotu2007_amonamarthcandid02.jpg

Mason had cleaned himself up. Changed his clothes, and tried to look less murderer like. Somebody treating him like a person had really helped him out, he didn't want people to ask about what he did, and if he had actually done it or not. So he showered, trimmed his beard. He was now sitting calmly by himself reading a book, for the first time in a long time, he felt moderately good. Which was even more shocking considering he just ran from monsters.
    ...to the topTop

Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    Captain Orvolsky

Captain Orvolsky stood outside the door to Mason's room and sighed before knocking. There were no locks so he opened the door and went in. The two privates behind him filed in as well. Once he was in the middle of the room he could see Mason in the small bath room.

"Mason Lagister, you're under arrest," he called to him. In a softer, more normal talking voice he added, "Sorry about this, but since your trial was never completed you are to be held until it can be resumed. This basically means your just going to get a new room and need a babysitter to go anywhere if it makes you feel any better."
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

Mason Lagister

Mason's good mood was annihilated with just a few seconds. He lowered his head thinking to himself.

How are we going to have a trial with no evidence? And what happens if I'm convicted?

Mason wasn't mad, he had just forgotten what was going on. That he had been in a cell this last month or so, that he was on television as a horrible person, that the world all thought he had killed his own family. His own children and wife, well fine, if he had to do this all over again he would, but he hoped that he could just get this behind him as quickly as possible.
    ...to the topTop

Captain Orvolsky

Captain Orvolsky gave Mason a kind smile, "We're the military. We have access to all the evidence in the system, both for and against you. You'll be appointed a defender and we'll hold a trial here. Since we don't have access to the hard physical evidence we won't be able to actually stick anything to you. Consider it a mock trial so we know what to do with you," he told Mason.

While the two privates handcuffed mason the Captain moved closer and said, "If you're found innocent, you'll be let go and we won't bother you. If we find you guilty, then we'll simply keep you on lock down until a time you can be returned to the proper authorities. In either case, the verdict of this trial won't be able to be used against you when you go for the real thing. Sorry to do this to you," he said as they began leading Mason out of the room.
    ...to the topTop

Mason Lagister

Mason gave a terse nod to the man. He wanted to yell that they were wasting resources, that he wasn't going to cause a problem. However, mason knew better than that, and he would keep his cool. He would calmly go through all the evidence for the hundredth time, probably defending himself this time. He didn't think there were any lawyer's in this government base. He put up no resistance as they led him onward.
    ...to the topTop

Sergeant Myer

"We don't have any real lawyers here. Though we can appoint you a consul if you like. You'll be speaking for yourself, though the legal consul can advise you and prepare you for the questions you'll be asked and how to answer," he told him, "They're not really defenders I guess. But they'll help you out."

He nodded to the two privates and they began to lead Mason out, passing Dylan's room, which the sergeant glanced at. He hoped he wouldn't have to deal with any of Mason's companions trying to interfere in this.

"This isn't like the outside world. Technically you don't have Miranda rights in here. However we won't use anything you say in trial against you. If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them on the way to the holding center," he said to Mason, though he didn't look back as he lead the group.
    ...to the topTop

Mason Lagister

Mason was silent at first, he didn't want to have to deal with any of this, hhe should have tried his luck in Cincinnati. I have no questions. He replied tersely not wanting to drag this on any longer than it had to go on. He just shuffled along following the men in total s ilence, just like he was held captive once more, because he was.
    ...to the topTop

Sergeant Myers and The Warden

Sergeant Myers finally led them to a door into the prison area. Once there he went up to a desk, leaving Mason and the security detail by the door. After signing a couple papers and exchanging brief wards with the attendant he came back. The attendant picked up a phone and spoke into it for a moment before setting it down and returning to his work. The stood in silence for a few minutes before a man came walking in, with another two guards.

"Warden, this is Mason Lagister," Sergeant Myers said to the man.

The warden nodded, and Myers gave a brief salute, as did the other solider with him. They turned and left, leaving Mason standing in front of the door. The two guards with the warden moved up to stand on either side of him.

"I'm the warden here. I don't deal with crap. You behave, you'll be treated fairly here. Give us trouble and you'll be in trouble," the warden told him matter-of-factly. He didn't wait to see if Mason had anything to say, "If you want a legal consul appointed, let me know now and we'll go ahead and bring him in and you two can start talking. If you want to represent yourself we'll take you to your cell. Any material you want and we have access to we'll bring to you."

The warden told him all this very businesslike. Normally he wouldn't have said this much, as he usually had military personnel in here. They knew exactly what to do and what was going to happen. Usually anyway. However since Mason was a civilian he wanted to give him a quick rundown. Since he hadn't cause any problems yet the warden would at least to him that courtesy.
    ...to the topTop

[QUOTE=Schwuldubist;199135]Mason Lagister

Mason nodded to him, he spoke very little and when the man was done he replied shortly, I don't think I need a consul, and I have no questions. He had just spent months doing this with the evidence in a court once before. Mason supposed that he would just go through the whole process again.
    ...to the topTop

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910