Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    Base Security

The guard at Mike's car was losing his patience as well, "Yea, I get it. You're Santa and Christmas has come early," he replied dryly.

The other guard by the booth called him over, probably for the better, judging by the look on Mike's face at the last comment. They conferred for a moment before they both walked back to Abby's car.

"Well, we ran the check and you passed. We're going to send you in, we'll let the van through as well. When you go in, follow the road until it goes left, there's a parking lot there with another check point. It's usually reserved for visiting ah... dignitaries. The guard there can give you further directions. Make sure you drive under twenty, or there's gonna be problems," the guard told her.

They walked back to the booth and opened the gate, waving both cars through. When Mike pulled up the guard yelled, "Follow them."
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

Abby Hall

Abby squeezed Mike's arm to keep him from going off on the guard. Being rude wasn't going to get them anywhere even if one of the guards was being rude to them. She smiled when the guard said they could go ahead.

We will.

Abby said at the instructions and was glad that the van that had Mike's family in would not be given any problems either. They parked where they were supposed to and she told Mike as they got out of the car.

You should probably let me do the talking.
    ...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

If Abby hadn't squeezed his arm, Mike would have went off on the guard about the Santa Claus comment. At least everything Abby had given the guard checked out so they wouldn't be sitting in front of the base forever. He followed the instructions, as did his brother was driving the van behind them. When Abby said Mike should let her do the talking, he shrugged.

Fine.

He didn't see himself as being overly rude but he decided to just behave. Hopefully no one would ask about Mason though.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 01-28-2012 at 10:43 AM.

...to the topTop

Abby Hall

Abby could tell Mike wasn't overly thrilled at being told to be quiet but at least he agreed. She leaned over Mike and told the guard at the next checkpoint.

I'm Dr. Hall. The guards up front said you would have further instructions for us.
    ...to the topTop

Security Check-Point Guard

The guard had been radioed and told to expect civilians. "I'll be making your ID passes, since your civilians you won't be getting any security clearances. These are just to show your allowed in public access areas and on the base in general. If you see an area marked clearance level one or greater, you best steer clear unless your being guided into it by some one that's supposed to be there. I'll need all your names, sign here," he said, pointing to a sign in sheet to the side of the counter under the window.
    ...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

Mike had to bite his tongue to resist yelling at the guard he wasn't a damn civilian. He also didn't appreciate that the guard was talking to them all like they were ten years old like Sam. Of course they knew they shouldn't go somewhere they didn't have clearance for. Mike and Dylan filled out the sheet and Dylan filled it out for Sam as well. They moved back to let the women sign it and Mike frowned when he thought about Mason. He had planned on dropping him off at a police station after he knew the women and Sam would be safe here.

Damn it...

He grumbled under his breath. Dylan asked what he was going to do about Mason and Mike replied quietly he had no idea.
    ...to the topTop

Abby Hall

Abby shared a smile with Katie over Mike's reaction to being called a civilian. Abby had just met Mike last night but she could tell that being called a civilian was something that annoyed him a lot. Abby and Katie signed their names and Katie told her son he had to be on his best behavior. Abby asked the guard.

I'll need to talk to whomever is in charge about what happened in Cincinnati and what is happening right now in Dayton.
    ...to the topTop

Security Check-Point Guard

"We're well aware of what's happening to the south," the guard replied. He was running checks on his computer, not fully paying attention. "Ex-military huh?" he asked Mike, pulling up his record while he printed out his pass. When he got to Mason he paused and looked at him, "Interesting. It says here your incarcerated..." the guard sighed, "However it's a bit above me what to do about it. Normally someone would be waiting for you here, but since your not scheduled I need to call some one over."

The guard handed out the rest of the idea badges, "If you don't mind waiting around for a few minutes some one will be out here."
    ...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

Mike seriously doubted the guard fully understood what had happened to the South of Columbus. If so he would have hurried things up.

Retired military.

Mike corrected the guard. He had retired not quit or been discharged. He gave almost 20 years of his life to the military and country. He doubted this guard had ever been on a tour of duty. He frowned when the guard saw that Mason had been incarcerated but when he acted like he didn't care that much, it just furthered Mike's belief that this guard didn't either know how to do how to his job right or just didn't care that much. Mike took his badge and told the guard.

You should tell them that people are dying while we wait.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 01-30-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Abby Hall

It clear that the guard had no idea how serious things were South of them. Obviously a ten year old child had a better understanding. She took her badge and nodded her head at what Mike said.

He's right, we need to hurry. It's spreading very fast.

Although she wasn't sure how much good their sense of urgency about the situation would move things along. This guard and the people he worked for weren't there when it started. They hadn't seen Cincinnati fall and then find out Dayton was going through the same thing. If these people had been there then they would understand how time was not a luxury anymore.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast