Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Science Fiction Roleplay

Science Fiction Roleplay

I love scifi, of all kinds. I can't help it, it's in my genes - or something. I was wondering if anybody would like to join a science fiction roleplay with me, I was thinking of basing it off of the Mass Effect world, as it's my personal favorite. If not thorugh, I'm open for anything. I also love Star Ocean, because of the added magic, but I don't think it's as well developed as Mass Effect's world. Star Wars could also give us a viable option, with the new The Old Republic game came out, I've been feeling the science fiction even more. If anybody would like to do a science fiction role play, or any universe, not just the ones I said then feel free to give me a reply.
    ...to the topTop

Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    I would love to, I feel like there's some other sci-fi settings that would be good, but I can't think of them at the moment

Chasm City
    Last edited by Revelator; 02-03-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why go with an existing setting? Why not create a new sci-fi setting? We can put ideas together of things that we like or don't like from various settings and create a fresh one.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

I'd be down for that. Chasm city is my favorite sci-fi setting, it's got EVERYTHING. But If we get some more interest we can start a planning session for it
    ...to the topTop

You know, Jason, you are right. We have some incredibly creative people whom I've sure had an idea or two for a better scifi setting. Making our own sounds genius to me. I just really wanted some scifi action on this site. I was just wondering if anybody other than me was interested in it.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Well, perhaps best would be to determine the type of sci-fi setting.

Near future?
    Advanced future?
    Science and magic or science only?
    Cyberpunk?

I kind of like the idea of blending fantasy and sci-fi, but think a pure sci-fi setting would work as well.
    ...to the topTop

I've been working on a sci-fi book. It's darker, set fairly far into the future. it'd be something to think about. Plus we can always tweak stuff, or add/remove things for our game.
    ...to the topTop

I know for sure I want it to be far future, not near. Laser guns, space ships, dog fights in space, hyperspace, laser swords, energy shields, plasma beams, colonies in remote space, aliens of all shapes and powers, mechanical implants, everything. As for blending fantasy and science fiction, what did you mean by that, magic verus laser guns? And for cyberpunk, I figure the different worlds people visit would mean different stereotypes of the future, some pleasent and fun to be around an entire world like Las Vegas, while some are dark and dreary like chasm city.
    ...to the topTop

I have a whole setting planned out. However I don't have time to type it up right now. When I get home later I'll put it up. It's a synergy of some of my favorite sci-fi settings. If you don't like something we can take it out or change it. Something you want to add to it we can work it in. But I have it all planned out. I'll try and keep it as short as possible... I've got a lot in mind and to cover.

It's too late, I'll get it up tomorrow though, scouts honor (Tomorrow is after I wake up and before I go to sleep again)
    Last edited by Revelator; 02-04-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    I look forward to seeing what you have in mind, Rev.

I like the idea of far future remote colonies. The colonies have limited resources, so there could be a mix of high-tech and low-tech weapons (laser guns, normal guns, bow and arrow). Life in the outer colonies would be much more difficult, struggle to survive type.

As for blending magic and tech, basically there could be magic in addition to science, or just science. Could be a debate between which is more effective, science or magic. That could even be grounds for tension and/or war.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast