Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    Forty-Two Discussion Thread

Forty-Two Discussion Thread

Here is to talk about what's going on in the game. Also, new ideas should be posted here to be checked before they go up in any of the official info threads. Characters can be posted straight into the bios thread.

Anyone can post ideas here. If you want to create aliens, ships, weapons, magic, creatures, star systems or anything like that you're welcome to. It's a free form game and big galaxy so there's plenty of room for your ideas.
    Last edited by Revelator; 02-07-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

The ship looks good Jas, you got enough details

Since we got enough characters up, I'm gonna get the ball rolling in the IC thread. Everyone else is welcome to start posting
    Last edited by Revelator; 02-09-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll post for Tiergia, or more appropriately a crew member, later today or tomorrow. Trying to get caught up here at work after three days off.

Looks like my wife will have a surgical procedure next Monday as well, so have to make sure I'm prepared for that. Outpatient procedure to try to close a hole/fistula in her stomach/intestines.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

It's fine, take your time. Hope your wife's surgery goes well.
    ...to the topTop

Hey, also, with these info threads... I have problems with soft science. I'll at least come up with explanations for stuff that sounds like it could be true, or give enough details on its operation to make up for it. But they're going to be updated a lot, especially to begin with. Like with lasers, I haven't touched those yet myself, hetlasers are a little different than regular lasers, those will use crystals as focuses. Which is funny that you have crystals in your power core (something I forgot to add to my ships). I'll have more stuff up in the info's though.

The other two joining want to get caught up on whats in the game so far, then they'll get their characters up.

Jas, your ship would probably fall somewhere in the Corvette/Frigate category.
    Last edited by Revelator; 02-09-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    I was just looking at that and thinking it would be a slightly larger Corvette, to make up for the thicker hull, but still be in that class.
    Last edited by Revelator; 02-09-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    ...to the topTop

That's fine, I'm just listing the standards for each ship type. They can all vary though.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Just added a new character, as opposed to an NPC. Alex Redman is the pilot and first officer of the Panther. When I post ICly, he will be the one answering the call.
    ...to the topTop

alright, that works
    ...to the topTop

I feel a little juxtaposition may be in order. As of right now, I imagine the Ringbolt credits having a roughly a third of the economic value of current american currency. So imagine it as though some one just offered you $33,000 dollars to listen to them talk.

I'll discuss it with schwuldbist and as long as he doesn't have any objection to my currency conversion rate given, we'll stick with that for the Ringbolt system.

(Eystur will have a stronger currency, as the system is much, MUCH more stable and unified)
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast