Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Agenda

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fifteen Minutes Ago....

The lights inside the station flickered with an eerie red glow. Tiergia and Trevor walked in, holding their guns in hand. Mikhail carried a portable scanning device. After a moment, he tapped it a few times, apparently frustrated with it.

"What is it, Mike?" Tiergia asked, noticing him tapping at the device.

"The damp...ing field is disru....g this as well, ...ptain," Mikhail said in frustration, his voice over the radio being interrupted by the occasional static. "It's useless. ... can't ... if there's enou ... ife support for ... or not. I can ... ven read anyth... beyond a meter .... us."

"Radio's hamper ...," Trevor said. "I was afra ... this."

"What was tha ... evor?" Mikhail asked, looking at Trevor with confusion. "Radio see ... acting up."

Tiergia cursed in frustration. Mikhail and Trevor turned their attention to her. "We need ... to the control ... and dis ... that dampe ... ield."

Mikhail pointed back to the ship. "Can we go?"

Tiergia shook her head with a growl. "We ha .... ission to comp .... Find the ... trol room!" She pointed deeper into the station.

Now....

Tiergia, Trevor and Mikhail were outside a sealed door leading to what they hoped would be the control room. Trevor and Tiergia had their guns trained on the door while Mikhail was kneeling next to a panel trying to bypass the controls and open the door.

"We don't ... all day, Mike," Tiergia growled.

"I know, Capta ... m trying!" Mikhail retorted in frustration. "It's a ... lex system. I ... ust rush ... f I do ... ong, we'll nev ... t in."

Trevor put one hand on Tiergia's shoulder and simply shook his head when she looked at him. He pantomimed a slow breath in and out, and Tiergia knew exactly what he meant by it. He was always advising her to stay calm. This was one of those times. Of course she couldn't rush them. They all knew their jobs, and Mike was good at his. She simply growled in frustration, but didn't say anything else.

"Got it!" Mikhail shouted happily as the door hissed open. Trevor and Tiergia quickly pointed their guns inside, ready to shoot anything that came at them.

Nothing moved inside. The flickering red lights were in this room as well, and they could see it was the control room. The bodies inside were not human. Their lack of movement seemed to indicate that whatever they were at one time, they were dead now. At least that was what they hoped.

"I thoug ... s was a huma ... ation, Captain," Trevor said with curiosity.

"Maybe ... re the reas .. at the hu ... andond ... station." Tiergia said, nudging one of the alien forms with her weapon.

"They dead?" Mikhail asked, peeking into the room nervously.

"Looks that .... Get in he ... turn off the da ... ng field." Tiergia pointed to a console. Mikhail gulped and nodded, knowing what needed to be done.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    Captain Slee

Captain Slee was in the ship's engine room now, waiting for Engineer to get out of the engines.

"Engineer!" he yelled, hoping that he was close enough to hear him. All he got back were some muffled shouts. "I know you're have a jolly good time but I want the MWD back online ASAP!" More muffled sounds came back to him, "Good, I'm glad we got that cleared up. I'm gonna leave you to it," Captain Slee yelled, giving the engine a wave as he left.

Next Captain thought he'd check in on Soldier, who was in the armory as usual. Soldier was always working on new weapons, or weapon systems. Once he was close he heard a muffle explosion followed by several gun shots. Captain Slee pulled out his pistol and jogged the rest of the way to the armor. Once there he could hear cursing and swearing coming from with in. Captain Slee slowed to walk, still with his pistol out and went in, "Who's the perpetrator this time Soldier?"

Soldier was breathing heavy, with a submachine gun still smoking. His armor looked scorched, as did the workbench he had been at. The remains of something were there, along with bullet holes from where Soldier had vented, "That... stupid... battery... recharging system," he said, breathing heavily.

Captain Slee nodded, he knew what Soldier had been working on. For quite some time now to no avail. Captain Slee pointed his gun at the remains on the work bench and fired two shots, "That's for insubordination!" he declared. He looked at Soldier, "Well carry on then." Soldier saluted as Captain left.

Captain Slee loved his ship, there was never a dull moment onboard.
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Alex Redman

Alex sighed and rubbed his eyes after the communication was ended. Why did things always have to be so complicated? He still hadn't heard from the captain, and it would take them at least 10 hours to reach Ringbolt and find a suitable station for the meet. He pressed a button to open the ship's intercom.

"Rhys, Kelly, meet me in the airlock in five. Liz, get to the bridge now. I need ya to monitor the radio."

It might be too early from the captain's orders, but he knew she'd be more upset if they missed this meet, especially considering the amount of dough being offered. He waited for Liz to come to the bridge before he left to meet Rhys and Kelly.
    ...to the topTop

Skade

Skade was cruising around in her ship, the Starwolf outside the martian enclave of the red purists. Normal a field agent of her rank wouldn't be relegated to such a task. But with them snatching up the prominent researchers, there had been a lot of people trying to sneak in. Skade herself had destroyed three ships thinking they were sneaking in. She had warned them first, but they had thought they could take her small ship. Skade was an excellent pilot, and Starwolf was well equipped to deal with threats.

The worst part of the assignment was the boredom. All she did was sit around and run simulations on her ships computer while she scanned the nearby space for vessels coming in or out.
    Last edited by Revelator; 02-16-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The Station Control Room....

Mikhail worked at the console while Trevor and Tiergia watched the room and entrance for any signs of trouble. Tiergia didn't like this, things seemed off since they arrived. Suddenly, the entire station went completely dark, and artificial gravity went out, causing the three of them to start floating. Their helmet lights now providing the only light in the room.

"What did you do, Mike?" Tiergia barked in frustration as she pressed a button to magnetize her boots, anchoring her back to the ground.

"Aaahhh! It wasn't me! It wasn't me!" Mikhail shouted in fear, gripping the now dead console, to keep from floating.

"Magnetize your boots, Mikhail," Trevor said, anchoring himself to the ground with his magnetic boots.

"How?"

"Blue button on your wrist console." Trevor answered. Mikhail pressed the button and was quickly anchored to the deck like the others.

"If you didn't do anything, what happened?" Tiergia demanded.

"It is possible that the power supply has finally failed in the station, Captain. It does appear we are able to communicate better now."

At that moment, the large center monitor turned on. The three turned to look at the monitor and saw a human male in his mid-fourties wearing blue robes on it. He was reclining in a chair with a smile on his face.

"Well, Captain Tiergia, it appears you've made it to my station," the man said with a chuckle.

"Mendock? What's going on here?" Tiergia demanded.

Mendock leaned forward in his chair, looking into his side of the monitor with a malicious grin. "I've been waiting a very long time for this day. I planned for years and made sure that every detail was perfect. I lured you in by your greed and sent you here for one purpose alone."

Tiergia didn't like this turn of events at all. She had a feeling she knew what the purpose was. Why couldn't things ever be simple? "And what is that purpose?" she asked, even though she already suspected the answer.

Mendock laughed. "You really don't remember, do you? I can't say as I blame you, it's been fifteen years. We both looked quite a bit different back then, didn't we?"

Tiergia narrowed her eyes in thought. Fifteen years? That was before the change. That could only mean one thing. Her eyes opened wide in shock. "Allistar?"

Mendock wasn't laughing anymore, nor was he smiling. He glared menacingly into the monitor. "I see you do remember."

"I remember a man named Allistar who died fifteen years ago. How could you know about him?" No one else was there when he died. There was no way he could know of it. That left only one explanation, and she didn't like that explanation in the least.

Mendock glared into the monitor, eyes burning with anger and hatred. "No, I wasn't dead! You left me for dead on that godforsaken station. You left me in the hands of the Ravens! You abandoned me, without even knowing if I was alive or dead! You don't know the amount of torture I endured at their hands. I don't even know how many days it lasted. Only reason I live is the aliens who owned that station returned to reclaim it, they killed the Ravens and restored my body."

"Let me guess, this is that station, and the aliens at the consoles are the ones that saved you."

"You always were observant, weren't you? But that's not all. It's time for me to repay you and your crew with the same kindness you showed me fifteen years ago. If you try to undock your ship, the entire station will explode, taking your ship with it. You and your crew are to remain trapped there until the real surprise arrives, and you get to experience every horrific thing that you left me to experience. Good bye, Jaimie."

The monitor went dark as the communication was terminated.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The Panther....

Alex, Rhys and Kelly were in the airlock getting into their environmental suits when the power went out in the station.

"Alex, the space station just went completely dark," came Liz's voice through the intercom.

"Are you able to raise the captain on the communicator?" Alex asked.

"No. It looks like the communication and sensors on The Panther were knocked offline when the station went dark."

"Oh, this just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?" Kelly muttered, checking her rifle's magazine and safety.

Alex frowned, glaring at Kelly for her comment, then responds. "Liz, find the source of the disruption and get our sensors and radio back. Rhys, Kelly and I are going in."
    ...to the topTop

Trane Spikes and Skade

Trane had an idea, though he doubted it would work. He knew one Martian he could try and ask about it. He pulled up her info and sent out the transmission. He was pleasantly surprised when she answered, "Hello Skade. How are you doing?"

Skade's face looked slightly irritated when she answered, "Just tell me what you want Trane."

A grimace flashed over Trane's face at the use of his first name. Skade saw it and smiled, knowing she had scored a point, "Alright. Do you know those researchers that went missing? Well, I'm trying to figure out where they went. I can pay well for the information. You know I can too," he told her, now his turn to be irritated.

"Sorry, I can't help you there. Good luck though," she answered. Before he could reply she cut the communication link. She frowned, Even though he had tried to play it like he didn't know it was the Martians, she knew he knew. She was surprised he had said something to her about it. Now she knew there would be more, less obvious attempts to find out. She'd have to alert the council. They couldn't completely bar their doors to the rest of the system, but they had to start being more careful about who was coming and going.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The Station Control Room....

The room was dark, only lit by the lights on their environmental suit helmets. Tiergia cursed and turned around, her magnetic boots humming as it adjusts to her movements. "Mike, get that power back on! I need you to find what Mendock did so we can undock The Panther."

"Um, Captain?" Mikhail said in fear. "Do you think Ravens are coming? Is that what he meant?"

"Yes, I'm positive that's what he meant. That's why I need you to get that done before they get here." Tiergia looked at Trevor. "Trevor, stay with Mike. I'm going back to the ship. We need to work this problem at both ends."

"Sure thing, Captain."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The Panther Airlock....

Alex, Rhys and Kelly put on their helmets and engaged the airlock. There was a hiss as the atmosphere matched the atmosphere in the station, and the outer door opened.

"A'right, knowin' the Cap, she probably led them to the control room." Alex said. "Assume anything not them as enemy."

"Oh, no problem there, Alex," Kelly said with a chuckle, holding her rifle ready. Rhys simply nodded, but said nothing.

Once the three had entered the station, Alex decided to try to radio the captain again. "Hey, Cap? Can ya read me?"

A Hallway Outside the Control Room....

Tiergia was moving as quickly as the magnetic boots would allow, which wasn't too quickly. She was cursing herself for the situation they were in. How were they going to get out of this? If the Ravens were coming, and they couldn't find a way to get free, they were going to have to undock The Panther. Better to die in the ensuing explosion than be subject to the unmentionable tortures of the Ravens. Of course, even better would be to prevent the explosion in the first place and get away before they could become new toys for the amusement of the Ravens.

"Hey, Cap? Can ya read me?" Alex's voice came through clearly in her helmet. She cursed again. Why didn't she think to check the radio?

"Yeah, Alex, I hear you. What's the status on The Panther?"

"Liz's at the helm trying to get radio and sensors online."

"Liz? What's she doing there? Why aren't you on the bridge? Where are you?"

"Rhys, Kelly and I just suited up and entered the station to find ya guys."

"We're fine! Get your carcasses back to your posts and get Dave to meet me by the airlock."

"What's going on, Cap?"

"Ravens are on their way, and we can't undock The Panther without blowing us all to pieces."

"Roger, Cap."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The Control Room....

Trevor stood at door of the control room, standing guard, while Mikhail worked feverishly on the control panel.

"It's useless!" Mikhail said, kicking the base of the console. "There's no power to this thing."

Trevor looked back at Mikhail. "Then we wait for the power to be restored."

"Oh, we wait here, while Ravens are on their way to torture us, or the station blows up, taking our ship with us?"

Trevor shrugs. "At least the explosion would be quick and painless."

"How can you be so calm? I mean, we're trapped in a powerless station! Ravens are coming, and we're going to die, if we're lucky!"

"Trust the Captain. We've been in tougher scrapes than this. She'll find a way for us to get out of this. In the meantime, just relax."

"Relax. The pig says 'relax.'" Mikhail muttered. Trevor heard the muttering and chuckled.

The Panther. Outside the Airlock....

Tierga was holding her helmet under her arm when Dave walked up with Alex.

"Sorry for the delay, Cap. Ya know Dave doesn't like leaving engineering," Alex said as Dave muttered under his breath.

Tiergia simply nodded. "Get back to the bridge, Alex. I'll take care of it from here."

"Sure thing, Cap." Alex walked off, leaving Tiergia with an unhappy Dave.

"Dave, I know you don't like leave engineering...."

"My baby. She needs me," he interrupted, looking Tiergia in the eyes for the first time.

"Yes, I know that, but I need your help to keep your baby from dying."

"My baby will die without me."

"There's a station we're attached to that has no power. If we try to leave, it and your baby will explode. Do you want your baby to explode?"

"No."

"Good, then I want you to get into an environmental suit. We're going to the station's power room, and you're going to restore the power. That way we can find the bomb and disarm it. Do you understand?"

"I understand."

"Good. Come with me." Tiegia led him into the airlock so he could put on an environmental suit. She had no idea how long before the Ravens arrived, and knew that time would be short. So much for the simple "in-and-out" job.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast