Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Agenda

Seasoned Adventurer Revelator is offline Revelator's Avatar
    Skade

Skade was sleeping when her ship's computer began beeping to get her up. She pulled on her boots and walked out the door to the ships bridge. Something was showing on the sensors. Skade looked closer and tweaked the resolution and scan strength, targeting it all on the ship that was hauling butt across her feed monitor.

She frowned, the ship looked damaged, though it appeared to be having no trouble moving fast. It took her a second to put it together, but it finely hit her that this was a raven ship. What was unusual about it was that it was traveling as though it had some destination in mind. She was in cloak, so it hadn't spotted her. But Ravens usually just cruised around until they found a victim ship or station.

Skade began powering up the Starwolf's engines. The Raven ship was going fast, and she couldn't power up her engines drives to full while cloaked. However her ship was meant to be able to travel fast while cloaked. She wouldn't be able to catch up, or even keep their distance, but she could follow them as far as she could. She wouldn't be traveling that much slower than the Raven frigate.
    "I know I'm paranoid, but I still think they might be out to get me"

Die Tonight, Live Forever!

...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Station Engineering....

Tiergia and Dave found the engineering section of the station with little difficulty. Once inside, Dave began his work, and began his usual muttering.

"Ah yes, I see what this is. Very simple in its design, and yet very elegant. Humans don't have anything like this. It's simply marvelous. These crystals here, yes, yes, that is what this is. Oh, someone tampered with this beauty. A human. Humans don't have the eye for this sort of thing. Easy to see where the bypasses are. Oh, interesting! That bypass is directly to the... yes... Pulling that would be bad. Let's see. Ah yes, I can do this instead. I'll just bypass the bypass, and...." the lights turned on around them, no longer flickering. "...success!"

"Good job, Dave!" Tiergia said with a smile. She had no clue what he did, but that was not uncommon. She got on the radio. "Mikhail, Dave's given you power, now figure out where that bomb is!"

"Ok, Captain," Mikhail responded through the radio.

"Oh, I know where the bomb is,"
    Dave answered. "This is the bomb. 'BOOM!' No more us. That is so sad."

"What do you mean, Dave?" Tiergia asked.

"When I turned the power on, it started the bomb. We're going to die."

"Did you know that would happen?"

"Yes. It was designed that way."

Tiergia cursed. "Well disable it before it blows!"

"Ok." Dave turned and began fiddling with the power core some more, muttering as he worked. Tiergia cursed again, of all the stupid luck.

"Alex, do you have sensors yet?" she asked into the radio.

"Aye, Cap. Whatever that crazy coot did worked."

"Actually, that was me, Alex," Mikhail responded over the radio. "Once the power was back, I was able to find and isolate the dampening field and disable it. It was a piece of cake."

"Good!" Tierga barked in frustration. "Alex, get those long range sensors looking for any approaching ships. I suspect we'll be having Raven company before too long."

"Oh, they're coming a'right, Cap. At their current speed, they'll be here in less than thirty minutes."

Tiergia growled and cursed. "Dave, you've got five minutes to disarm that, then we're leaving."

Dave didn't acknowledge her, he simply kept muttering to himself as he worked. He was a magician when it came to technology, Tiergia only hoped he'd work his magic quick enough this time, or they were all as good as dead.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Skade

Skade leaned forward looking at her scanning plot with interest. It was interesting, there seemed to be something ahead. She sent a small surge of power into the sensors, giving them a boost. It looked like a station. Skade narrowed her eyes. There was a Martian relay station just barely in tight beam range. The good thing was that the relay station was away from the Raven ship.

She composed a short message and tight beamed it to the relay station. It would appear as a text message, but she encoded it with her agent clearance and listed it as urgent. That would get it looked at quickly.

For now Skade kept her ship tailing the Ravens. She decided to go check the ship's weapon systems before she decided if she should attack the Raven's. She wondered if the station was a Raven hideout, and if there were more of them around. The station appeared uninhabited.
    ...to the topTop

Captain Chise
    Pirate_by_PapaNinja.jpg

Captain Chise smirked at the console. Something big was happening at a strange derelict station. There was already a ship docked there, reaper's heading in their direction as well. She though she saw something behind the reaper's ship, but it turned out to be a blip on the scanner, either way she was going there. The reapers could kill the ship, and The Malicious Marauder would clean up, taking everything from the reaper ship and the one docked AND the station. It was going to be a good day. She issued orders to her crew, not knowing most of their names she would just yell at people. The sails were open, but she left the jets off, for her favorite silent approach. The radiation from the sun began accelerating the ship, and Captain Chise bristled with energy for the assault.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The Panther Bridge....

Alex, Trevor, Mikhail and Kelly were on the bridge. Mikhail was working on the sensors while Trevor and Kelly manned the weapons. Not that weapons would do much good while they were docked, but when Dave managed to make it safe to undock, it would come in handy. Alex sat in the pilot's seat, keeping the engined primed and ready for the go from the Captain.

"How long 'fore the Ravens get here?" Alex asked.

"About ten minutes,"
    Mikhail responded.

Alex hit the radio. "Hey Cap, we're at the ten minute mark. What's the word?"

There was silence for a moment, presumably while she was talking to Dave. Then her voice came through the communicator. "I've tried to get Dave out of here, but he won't have it. I'm putting my trust in him to get this bomb disarmed. If he doesn't, we'll take the Ravens with us when we go."

Mikhail looked up from his console in shock. "Does she mean that she'll blow us all up?"

"Better to die quickly than to be tortured by the Ravens," Kelly muttered. "Personally, I'd rather go down fighting."

"Only if you're lucky, Kelly," Trevor responded. "They typically wound so they can torture until they are ready to eat you."

"I don't wanna be eaten!" Mikhail said panicked.

"We ain't gettin' tortured or eaten," Alex responded, then he opened the radio again. "Aye, Cap. I understand."

"Call me when the Ravens are in range," came Tiergia's reply.
    ...to the topTop

Captain Chise
    Pirate_by_PapaNinja.jpg

Captain Chise was still waiting for the Ravens to get a tad closer about ten minutes away from the station, Chise ordered the engines kicked on, giving the ship a huge boost, but allowing it to be spotted on the radar and any other sensors. However, now the Malicious Marauder would meed the Raves at the station at the same time they reached it, hopefully right as they planned on docking, she would screw their systems up. Captain Chise didn't realize all the other action that was going around the Raven ship, she only knew she would take out that scum.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The Panther Bridge....

Mikhail continued monitoring the sensors and saw the other ship coming into sensor range. "Um, Alex. There's another ship following the first."

Alex looked back at Mikhail. "What d'ya mean another ship?"

"Looks like she's following the Raven ship, or she's the Raven ship is following the first. Maybe it is that guy, wanting to make sure we're all dead."

"Identify them!" he barked, then turned on the radio to call Tiergia. "Cap, ya there?"

"I'm here. What's going on?"

"Looks like we gotta second ship coming. Mikhail's trying to ID them."

There was a short period of silence. Alex knew the captain was probably swearing up a storm over there. Not that he blamed her, this simple "in-and-out" has turned out to be anything but that. "Got it, Alex. Keep me apprised of the situation and any other changes. I'll keep pushing Dave to disarm this bomb."

"Roger, Cap."
    ...to the topTop

Skade

Skade's passive sensors were able to pick up tiny transmissions bursts from the ship attached to the station. They were weak though, and she couldn't make out more than a few words. Probably short range mircobead transmitters. If she turned up her sensors she might be able to actually listen in, though it would also light her up to the Ravens, and the second ship that was now showing on screen.

Skade had tried to figure out what the second ship was doing, who they were and such. Again though, staying cloaked meant she had to rely on passive scans, which didn't have the strength of active scanners and couldn't get enough information to do her any good.

Either way, as long as it wasn't another Raven ship, they'd attack the Ravens before they did anything else. While Skade was a little worried about fighting two Raven ships at once, she doubted they're would be two Raven vessels in such close proximity. She was ready to arm her weapons and begin locking onto the ship in front of her though.
    ...to the topTop

Captain Chise and the Space Pirates of the Malicious Marauder
    Pirate_by_PapaNinja.jpgAthena_Skye_by_Luches.jpg

Captain Chise couldn't have been happier. She had just hit the motherlode and was about to make pounds of boot, or whatever that strange ancient pirate phrase for gold and gems was. Apparantly, now that they were five minutes from the station, they had picked up another ship docked on the station, she ordered her cannon fodder of a crew to load the cannon and missile bays. To get into combat gear, prepare for Raven combat and maybe a few humans that would be already scared of the Ravens. She personally began taking aim for a barrage of EMP missles to fire at the station, enough to leave the whole station, and any nearby ships void of power - at least that was the plan.
    ...to the topTop

Skade

Skade finally got a good reading on the second ship out in space when their weapons systems came online. Her eyes widened a bit. It was a notorious pirate vessel. She wondered how they had managed to find this place. Things were getting more and more interesting. And not exactly the good kind of interesting either.

Skade had to decide what to do. The pirates would of course go for the Ravens first. No matter what, Ravens were always the number one target on everyone's list. Technically this was outside the Martian zone of jurisdiction, though it wasn't that far out from it. She sent another tight beam message back to the relay station aft of her, with her intent to engage.

Skade powered down her cloaking systems and began quickly arming her quad cannons. Her external rack was primed and ready to launch if missiles headed her way. The internal rack was still acquiring a lock on the Raven ship. Once her hetlasers were primed she began excelerating as her shields were brought online. Since her ship was relatively quick, she would try and disable the Raven's engines. She had a good bead on them too since she was coming in behind them. Once they were damaged she'd attempt to swing in front of them and position herself to block both the Ravens and the pirates from getting to the docked ship.
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast