Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seekers

Sister Lucia's face softened and she sighed. "I'm so sorry Henry. I can't imagine the pain you must be in. Don't give up though, Thomas has a good head on his shoulders. He was raised with truth, now it is his own journey to discover it and make it his own. Give him space and just keep praying for him. We will too." The tall stern-looking woman leaned back in her chair and was silent for a moment. When she opened her eyes she leaned forward, once again all business.

"We have a Seeker here that survived the last attack made against the vampire nest. We lost three good Seekers in that fight. Sasha has not been very clear about what happened, therefore I am doubtful about sending her back out. She has not fully recovered yet so before she does, I want to have each of the veteran Seekers evaluate her in case I missed something or she just won't talk to me. I also need the veterans to show our newcomers the ropes. Penny, your Aunt Jess filled you in about what she does correct?"
    ...to the topTop

Garret adjusted his leather jacket to better cover him from the continuous drops of rain, as Rodger made a call on his cellphone. The Seeker had been smart enough to bring a rain coat with a hood.

"Hello, this is Rodger. I brought Mister Leighton." He said. A voice replied though Garret couldn't make out what it said, or their gender. "Okay we'll be right up." He closed the cellphone, slipped it into his pocket and continued toward the hospital. Reluctantly his companion followed, his revolver tucked inside his jacket, just in case. He wasn't exactly happy to bring a weapon inside a hospital, but...

Inside there were a surprisingly small amount of people, compared to the last place of healing he'd been. They took the elevator three floors up, and walked for a couple of minutes before entering a room containing a long conference table and two doors at either end, five people already inside. One was... 'A nun? What the...' Garret had expected someone more like Hulk Hogan than a woman of the cloth. Without intending to, he pictured Hogan wearing a nun's outfit and cringed slightly.
    ...to the topTop

"Yes ma'am she did. Well she filled me in on most of it and told me you would tell me what part I need to play" Penny said. She ran her hands over the pockets of her cargo pants. She fidgeted a little, uncomfortable with the attention. "What exactly am I supposed to do? Jess wasnt able to tell me much about that, she said each person had a different role. But she couldnt tell me what I needed to do"
    Last edited by Mrs_Lt_Emerson; 05-14-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Henry nodded, "I'm trying. I hope we can get over this and that he will return."

"How is he doing his job here? Is he being a pest or actually doing it?"

When she asked him about evaluating the injured, Henry nodded, "Yes of course I can check her over and give you my evaluation."

He sighed, "Its not good we lost three." He shook his head and looked sad. Then looked up at Lucia and said, "Hopefully she's not to injured from all of this."
    ...to the topTop

"Well, apparently everyone has arrived. Rodger, Henry I would like for you two to speak with Sasha and see what you both think. Mary would you take them after we make introductions?" She turned to Garret and motioned for him to sit.

"I am Sister Lucia. Mercy Hospital is one of your contact points. Each of you in this room have a special calling on your life. You are Seekers. Seekers are humankind who help to carry on the fight against the dark forces of evil that operate in this world. We seek out creatures of nightmare and legend, most people do not even believe exist. We are called to seek out and destroy these threats to our race. This is a very ancient fight and a very ancient organization. Legends and stories have been written about some of our Seeker members but to protect them, we always deny our own existence to anyone outside of the organization. Van Helsing for example was quite real and a very adept Seeker in his own right although now he is thought of as only a fictional character from a writers imagination, that too was crafted by members of the Seekers."

"Penny, your Aunt Jess has been a Seeker member for many years and she tells us you show promise. We will still leave it up to you if you wish to join us or not. This is not for the feint of heart. We face very real vampires, werewolves, ghosts and demons. The young woman I just mentioned to Henry and Rodger, Sasha was a member of a team that was attacked and she is the only survivor. This is not a game, it's reality and dangerous reality at that. We will teach you methods and moves to use against the enemy but first you have to be willing to join us." She turned to look at Garret.

"This goes for you also Garret. You saw Ramona ripped to pieces by a werewolf. You know I'm speaking the truth. The question is, are you willing to become a Seeker? Willing to take on this life of danger? We need help right now. We have taken a great loss from this last month's attacks and we need help. We the Seeker Liaison's will provide you shelter, research aid, monetary backing and support. If you are in danger you can always return here for help. There are three more Liaison's who have networks around the country. We have safe houses in all major cities and several small towns. We will provide you with weapons and special items you might find useful. What we need in return is a commitment to the destruction of the enemy. Now do you have questions for us?" Lucia looked from Penny to Garret and waited. Ryleigh might also have questions, but Lucia doubted it. Henry probably had brought the girl up to speed already.
    ...to the topTop

Garret sat down and folded his hands together. His expression hardened as the sister mentioned Ramona. He was tempted to ask how she knew Ramona's name but knew the answer. Needless to say he wasn't comfortable with it. "This is a lot of new information to absorb. I was told by Rodger The Seekers can train me. After I kill that lycanthrope son of a..." Remembering she was still a nun, he stopped and then corrected, "After I get the werewolf I can think about commitments, but right now-"

"It's a scratch my back, I'll scratch yours situation until that time." Rodger clarified.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Henry greeted the others in attendance. "God be with each of you as we do what must be done."

He looked at each of them trying to get their faces and names together in his head.

He greeted Penny, "Its nice meeting you."

He listened to Lucia tell the others everything that happened. He shook his head at hearing about Ramona. It pained him each time a Seeker was killed. They couldn't afford the losses. Not in this battle.

He told Garret, "I'm sorry abut Ramona."

He then waited for Mary to take him to Sasha.
    Last edited by Lairston; 05-14-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Mary smiled at the Pastor and opened the door. She led the short way to the room Sasha was in. She pushed open the door tapping on it lightly. "Sasha? You have a couple of visitors..." She stopped as she came around the curtain. The bed was empty and the monitors were unplugged.

"Uh oh.... Our little bird has flown the coop." Mary frowned looking back at Rodger and Henry apologetically.

Sister Lucia looked at Garret. "Well? Does having a steady income and intel sound like a good match for your plans? What about you Penny? Ryleigh? Would both like to help us defend mankind?"
    Last edited by Cyberwing; 05-14-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Garret glanced at Henry before he, Rodger and Mary left, saying nothing in reply. To Sister Lucia's inquiry he said, "As I said before, after I get the werewolf I can think about commitments. For now, I'll help The Seekers... within reason." And at that time, his answer would be 'no', but they didn't need to know that yet.
    Last edited by Foreborn; 05-14-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Ryleigh had just leaned back in her chair and listened silently as they were debriefed. Most of it she had heard before from her uncle and she had always been interested in the Seekers.

When Sister Lucia asked if she would like to help defend mankind, she smiled and nodded as she said, "Yes ma'am. I would like that very much."
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast