Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Seekers

"Y'all keep walking toward the place like nothings wrong but keep your eyes and ears open. We got company and it ain't Sasha." Rodger whispered.
    Penny, did her best to focus on walking to the house. She was now quite aware of the fact that she had left the small 9mm she usually carried with her, back in her car. "So whats the plan?" Penny mumbled under her breath.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    ...to the topTop

christopher gorham 2.jpg

Ross nodded. "So you are doing the blood tests? Good deal, can I see the blood from Sasha?" Ross grinned mischievously, "She may hurt me if I have to take more... I have created a new test. I will show you how to run it." Ross turned back to make sure the chopper was locked and anchored properly. He was relieved to see Sister Lucia had briefed these fellows properly and all was being done as it should. He turned his attention back to Thomas. "Why don't we go to the lab first, then we can head out to the safe house Sister Lucia has arranged for me."

Sasha slipped through the shadows like a ghost. Only the trained eyes like Rodger and Henry could see her. Rodger looked over at Henry. "I'm going to head straight and meet up with Sasha, appears she is after our mysterious observer. You want to cut to the right there and try to cut them off?" His lean frame was poised ready to burst into a run as soon as he felt comfortable with where Henry would be. Always a good idea when handling weapons, it was vital when going after the deadly creatures the Seekers sought out.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thomas nodded, "Yes sir. I'm the one that did the tests."

He smiled slightly, "Sure I'd like to learn another test."

He started to walk toward the transport when he paused, "I suppose going to the lab first is fine."

He turned and headed for the entrance instead and walked inside. "It's this way."

Henry nodded, to Rodger, "Okay. I'll try to cut them off."

He headed right and down the street hoping to get there before they got passed where he would be.
    ...to the topTop

As Rodger began to sprint toward the spot where he would intercept Sasha, the 'observer' realized they were being pursued and broke into a run. They were fast; too fast and Sasha knew she would never catch them this way. Rodger got a good look at the observer as she shot by him and momentary shock, slowed his step. She was a Seeker, he had seen her before! He hoped Henry would get a good look at her but it was doubtful, she had speed beyond human capability. That meant only one thing, she was a Seeker that had now been turned into one of them. Rodger kept going and came upon a very disappointed Sasha. She looked like someone had beaten her up pretty badly and her wince of pain revealed how much this pursuit was costing her.
    "Stop Sasha. She's gone now."
    "Rodger! When did you get here? Did you get a good look at them?" Sasha's eyes pleaded with him desperate for a positive answer.
    "Actually I did. Was one of our own but ran too fast to be just human. Must be one of ours, turned by those monsters." Rodger held out his arm to aid Sasha and she smiled painfully, her lips not able to respond where they had been cut and were swollen.
    "Was.... was it....oh never mind I will show you a picture and then you can tell me if it was her." Sasha replied softly.

The new nest recruit was doing well in avoiding the pesky Seekers. The young man grinned and waited for her to make it to the black van hidden near the road. No way the human Seekers could keep up with her now, she had vampire strength and agility. He wanted to protect this newest asset because of her unique knowledge. This had been one of the Primary Bloodline's finest ideas yet.

Ross showed Thomas the newest way to test the DNA strand for vampire alterations. This took them roughly an hour. He looked up from the readout and grinned. "Sasha is definitely not a vampire. She has no indication one even drooled in her direction. Apparently all they did was smack her around, not that THAT was pleasant but at least we know she is not one of those things. It will be good to tell her the news. She will also be relieved we don't need any more blood... Will you be coming with me to see her?"
    Last edited by Cyberwing; 05-24-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Henry ran around the corner and missed the observer. But he had got a glimpse and gasped. He thought he had seen her before. But he couldn't be sure.

He was breathing heavy and bent over as he tried to catch his breath.

He leaned against the wall and groaned as his ribs hurt from the run and the back of his legs.

Thomas watched the new test and kept his interest for the hour.

He nodded, "That's good news. I'm sure that everyone will be happy."

"Including Sasha."

He sighed, "But its not good that they hurt her like that. Not good at all. I hope they pay for it."

He didn't know what to believe about this. But he did know that Sasha was attacked the perpetrators needed to be brought to justice."
    ...to the topTop

Sasha walked back with Rodger and saw the group ahead. "Oh.... company. I haven't had time to get groceries. All I have in the fridge are some beers and a some iced tea I just made," Sasha told Rodger. She walked up to the group and tried to smile but her swollen face did not respond completely giving her a slightly comical face. The warmth of her greeting countered her appearance.
    "Hello, please everyone, come in. I know we have much to discuss." Sasha wasn't sure but she thought she recognized one of the group as someone she had seen from Mercy Hospital. She looked closely at Ryleigh and finally asked. "Don't I know you? Haven't I seen you at Mercy?"

The other girl she had not ever seen before, nor the young man. She wondered if the Sister had believed her and was going to join her up with a new team! For the first time Sasha felt a ray of hope that someone had believed her, believed IN her.

Ross repacked his files, adding Sasha's latest test results and turned to Thomas. "Shall we go find Sasha now?" He followed Thomas to the car and got in. "So have you met Sasha yet Thomas? What do you think?"
    Last edited by Cyberwing; 06-01-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Henry was winded but managed to get himself together. He joined back up with the group and saw Sasha's face. He didn't like seeing her like this.

"Indeed we do have a lot to discuss," he said. He walked inside with the others.

When she asked Ryleigh the question, he looked at his niece to see what she would say.

Thomas nodded, "yeah we should."

"I'm sure she'll be pleased to know the results.

He led Ross to the car and got inside. He turned to his and nodded, "I only met her for a few minutes while the blood was taken. I..." He paused. And then said, "I thought she was a bit... out there."

He was trying to be diplomatic with his skepticism this time.
    ...to the topTop

Ryleigh looked over at Sasha and then said, "You probably have."

"I'm a nurse at Mercy. I started there after I finished my degree. How are you feeling, Sasha?"

She looked over at Henry and said, "And you, Uncle. You sound winded."
    ...to the topTop

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567