Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Article: Uncertain Future

Article: Uncertain Future

As of today, I am no longer employed. My position is apparently no longer needed and they no longer have a place for me in the company.

Unfortunately, that change of events puts the future of Quarrels and Quills in jeopardy. I will be looking for a new job, of course, but I have no idea how that is all going to work out. I don't want the site to go down, but I don't know if I'll have much of a choice.

I'm in the process of moving to a less expensive server, and that will take the rest of the month to complete. This, of course, leaves me with the question of what to do. I cannot justify the expense, when I have no income coming in. Then with Michelle's continued health issues and medical expenses, it makes it even more difficult.

I am looking for ideas and feedback here. I'm calling for help to keep the site running. Please make your voice heard here, in one way or the other, to help me determine what path I need to take.

You can view the page at http://quarrelsandquills.com/content...certain-Future

As of today, I am no longer employed. My position is apparently no longer needed and they no longer have a place for me in the company.

Unfortunately, that change of events puts the future of Quarrels and Quills in jeopardy. I will be looking for a new job, of course, but I have no idea how that is all going to work out. I don't want the site to go down, but I don't know if I'll have much of a choice.

I'm in the process of moving to a less expensive server, and that will take the rest of the month to complete. This, of course, leaves me with the question of what to do. I cannot justify the expense, when I have no income coming in. Then with Michelle's continued health issues and medical expenses, it makes it even more difficult.

I am looking for ideas and feedback here. I'm calling for help to keep the site running. Please make your voice heard here, in one way or the other, to help me determine what path I need to take.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    I don't know what to say right now, Jason, but perhaps can you get me some numbers? What do you need - exactly - for this to work? I work better with boundaries and deadlines and I think that will help perspectives.
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

I definitely would like to know some numbers to see how we can help out.

Although in the worst case scenario I am an administrator over at the Crossgen Forums (Lucky from the old CGMB started them) and I'm sure we could move the stories over there. Although we'd have probably have to add new forums or sub forums for all the stories. I can email Lucky about this if it comes to it.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be shutting the current server off at the end of the month, after I move everything to the cloud server. Because it is a cloud server, the resources, along with the price, are variable. I'm still setting things up, so I can't say an exact price just yet. I'm trying to keep the resources as low as possible. As of right now, if things don't require more, then I'm looking at about $50 per month, as opposed to the $100 I'm paying for the current server.

Blog Entries
    Just to add about the timeline, I will be looking into my finances over the next few days to see how long I have. I'm expecting the new server will be covered until end of June at least. I will have more specific answers in the next week or so.

Well $50 sounds more reasonable for the server. Corey and I sometimes have tight months, but we could at least donate $5 to $10 a month to help you out. I wish it could be more but with Teddy and the house it always seems like something is coming up.

Ugh. Double ugh. I seem to have a talent for resurfacing at bad times. My best wishes and sympathies in this time that must be so difficult for you. Does this place have paypal subscriptions or some such thing? I'm unemployed myself, but I should be able to cough up a few euros a month if that helps.

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw them. Let me see how much I can give...

EDIT 2: $5 monthly it is, I fear. Times are though.
    Last edited by Estrecca; 05-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.

The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is offline Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Jason. As I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't donated as much to this site as I used to. That's because I've been paying off medical bills for most of this year and didn't have anything extra. I've recently paid off my bills and I should be able to start donating again in a month (June 8th).

Blog Entries
    Welcome back, Estrecca. It is great to see you again. Thank you so much for your help in that. Even $5 per month will be very beneficial.

Q, your donations have been a big help all this time. I understand all too well how medical bills can be an issue. It is one of my concerns with this job loss. Michelle is still recovering from the last surgery. Thank you for everything you've done in the past.

I will help too. Please let me know what's needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast