Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    LOL about Flynn. Sacha might stab him afterward just to make sure he's dead. Or stab his dust.

You are speaking my language!
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Kitty View Post
    Dmitri is using UV rounds, so any shot he takes will either be a kill shot or fail.

I love that my prediction for Nathan's death is coming true - he just gets ripped to shreds by several of his many enemies.

Dmitri certainly would not object to the chance to land the fatal blow!
    Unfortunate.... There's no way around the UV being fatal? Shigures like a tank! He could handle it!
    ...to the topTop

Shigure could get grazed but have the round not explode.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea
    ...to the topTop

Not exploding sounds like a plan. Can it penetrate without exploding? Hit him and go straight through to Nathan, or is that a stretch?
    ...to the topTop

I don't think it could actually go into his body, but it could gash the upper layers of his flesh.

Of course, Dmitri wouldn't deliberately endanger Shigure when he knows he's using lethal ammunition. In the chaos that I'm sure will ensue, though, his shot may not be quite as clear as he expects it to be when he aims.
    ...to the topTop

Fair enough I'll blame the lack-of penetration on Shigure's awesome man-pecks. Shigure would tell Dmitri to shoot, if he could get the kill shot through him.

He could always shoot Sacha too, or graze him. It could be a talking point for them later
    ...to the topTop

I'd... like to limit how inept I have to make Dmitri look in order to make this work. If he wounds more than one of his own team members, he begins to look a bit idiotic.

I'd prefer for you to make a choice about which character you'd like him to injure.
    ...to the topTop

Who said anything about inept? I've never done anything with UV bullets before, so I didn't know what their potential was if the shot was not a dead on heart or head shot. You can pick one or the other or not shoot any at all. I don't know who to pick because I don't know how the fight will go. We'll just see where it leads.
    ...to the topTop

I'm assuming Asif won't have a problem with Nitya staying with them. It was natural for her to ask, though.

How long after NPLH is the Karma thread? I need to start thinking about when Nitya's baby is going to arrive.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by SilntAngl5 View Post
    I've never done anything with UV bullets before, so I didn't know what their potential was if the shot was not a dead on heart or head shot.
    Ah, yeah, I can see how that would be confusing. They kill on penetration regardless of the location of the shot. Basically the Vampire will burn to death from the inside and there will be very little left.

UV bullets are the anti-Vampire counterpart to silver nitrate, filled with an irradiated fluid instead of liquid metal. When they strike, they release the UV rays lethal to Vampires, so the area of the body is irrelevant. (They simulate the sun, which for Vampires is lethal even with just superficial skin contact, let alone something internal.) If you own the first Underworld movie, you can see the effect by watching the scene where Raze kills Rigel in the metro station at the beginning. I'll try to find it on YouTube if you don't, because it's a lot easier to imagine if you can see it.

You can pick one or the other or not shoot any at all. I don't know who to pick because I don't know how the fight will go. We'll just see where it leads.
    I'm fine with what I said I would do, or with Sacha getting the line of fire instead. Or just going with whatever seems more logical at the time.

I wouldn't, however, be on board with upping the ante to include Dmitri hitting a second friendly target.

And that's all I was trying to say.

I'm assuming Asif won't have a problem with Nitya staying with them. It was natural for her to ask, though.
    He won't mind. This offer wasn't planned in advance on Lina's part so she didn't ask him before he left, but he'll be fine with it.

How long after NPLH is the Karma thread? I need to start thinking about when Nitya's baby is going to arrive.
    A couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Monkey Kitty; 07-01-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Clarification/reduction of my stupidity
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast