Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Article: Site Stability?

Article: Site Stability?

I've been getting a lot of automated emails from the site about errors being generated. My new job has been keeping me beyond busy, and I haven't had time to visit much lately, but when I do come to check recent threads, things seem to be running ok at that time.

I wanted to start a thread to hear from others, to see how the site has been running, and determine if I need to upgrade something on the server to make it perform better. Please respond in this thread and let me know what your experiences with the site have been recently, and I'll make a decision on what to do by the end of the month.

You can view the page at http://quarrelsandquills.com/content...Site-Stability

I've been getting a lot of automated emails from the site about errors being generated. My new job has been keeping me beyond busy, and I haven't had time to visit much lately, but when I do come to check recent threads, things seem to be running ok at that time.

I wanted to start a thread to hear from others, to see how the site has been running, and determine if I need to upgrade something on the server to make it perform better. Please respond in this thread and let me know what your experiences with the site have been recently, and I'll make a decision on what to do by the end of the month.
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 07-24-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

I've been having some issues with the site for the past few days. I've been getting a lot of server error messages when I try to load pages. It's not very consistent how/when it happens, but it tends to happen a lot of times in a row and then be fine for awhile, rather than being evenly distributed across every attempt.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

Well I was having the error problem the last few days. It wasn't a big deal because it'd happen once or twice when I was on the site. When I emailed you yesterday, I couldn't get on at all. Although since you said you reset the server, I haven't had any issues.

I know exactly when Jenny was having problems yesterday, because I was trying to get on at the same time and couldn't either. (Saw you in the online list at the time, Jenny - I'm a shameless spy. )

I haven't had any trouble today, so I think resetting the server may have fixed it.

Yes you are a shameless shy.

It was frustrating because I was trying to post replies in Underworld at the time when it did that.

You would only know I'm a shameless spy if you are a shameless spy too.

But anyway, back to server issues.

If I admit that, then I wouldn't be a very good spy.

But yes, back to server issues.

There was a chunk of time early Sunday morning (around 4am est) as that stopped my GW2 comment post for the night until I woke up. Had another issue Monday some time. Was trying to send a buddy a link to said GW2 thread.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I added another 1GB of RAM to the server. Let me know if anyone experiences any other issues.

Hey Jas, Corey and I have been getting that error again.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast