Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

Hello there. I'm new here and I would like to know if any one would be interested in starting a Hunger Games Role play with me.
    ...to the topTop

I am new to RPG and wold love to try try this out. What system would be used? Is there already a base system?
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Hey - just wanted to drop by and let you know I saw your post! I'm tied up at the moment with the characters I have, but I fully support a Hunger Games RP!!! I'll be watching to see how it goes! Welcome here!
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

I'd consider joining.

Chris, most of our RP is pretty freeform.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea
    ...to the topTop

I'd consider joining as well
    ...to the topTop

I wore myself down. Put me down for District 5. It doesn't matter to me whether I play a guy or a gal, just fyi.
    ...to the topTop

Can I be the District 1 girl?
    ...to the topTop

So... I've been thinking more about this.

I'm not sure if the original poster is still reading here, but it seems like we ought to start laying some groundwork, since there's some interest.

My suggestion would be to do it as sort of an alternate-history thing using the Hunger Games setting but our own characters and future plot progression, so we wouldn't be tied to book events if/when our story went in a different direction. How would that sound to you guys?
    ...to the topTop

Alright - I've decided on be the male tribute from 5. Just sos we're clear.

I've written Aubery to see if she has noticed us posting here and is still wanting to GM. If not, then we'll go from there.

I agree about the alternate-history bit so that we are free to write as we will. If we didn't we'd be playing one of the past Hunger Games, which is fine, I suppose, but could cross some lines with the books. I like the idea of having our own futures to discover apart from the Mockingjay.
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Quaxo9 View Post
    I agree about the alternate-history bit so that we are free to write as we will. If we didn't we'd be playing one of the past Hunger Games, which is fine, I suppose, but could cross some lines with the books. I like the idea of having our own futures to discover apart from the Mockingjay.
    Yeah, discovering the future is fun.

I'd rather not have us limited by, say, having to make sure nothing we write would interfere with any part of the Katniss story. If we just go our own direction from the start, we'll be less constrained.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast