Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    No worries, Anne. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying time with your family.

Beach time was wonderful! I should be able to get posts done tomorrow.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

Thank you, Jenny. Seeing the relatives was great. So was finally meeting Matt; this was our first meeting, despite Kim being married to him for a few years. They live outside of Atlanta, Georgia, so it took them a few years to actually come over to Hilo and the Big Island of Hawai'i.

We got a third dinner before they left. Aunt Valerie surprised us half-way thru yesterday afternoon by announcing that they wanted to pick up dinner at L&L's Hawaiian Barbeque and come up to the house after spending the day at Kilauea Volcano. So we got to see them again.

The only problem is missing them now that they've left, but that's a sign of a really good visit.

If it isn't one thing, it's another. I think I've come down with something. At least I hope it isn't just my heart disease acting up that's making me feel like I'd be writing with only half my brain. {cross fingers hopefully, }

If it's the latter, I'll have to seriously re-think trying to dance with the Big Island Portuguese Club. As it is, I'll probably have to start with less rigorous activities - like playing music and playing cards - and work up to trying to dance when I've regained something approximating some stamina. So I'm trying to reassure myself that it's not off the table forever, it's just a little delayed.

So anyway, if I stick to word games for a while, and get back into the role-playing later, hopefully I've merely come down with something.

I do hope it is nothing serious. Take care of yourself and don't worry about posts.

Hope you feel better soon, Anne!

Couple of things:

I don't know if this will necessarily affect RP - mainly just my own mental state - but one of my cats died unexpectedly today. Bentley was a very sweet cat and a great pet. He was very loved and will be very missed.

On a more mundane note, I'm on call at work for this next week, so my schedule will be more unpredictable than usual.

I'm very sorry to hear that, MK. Pets are family too and I know how you feel.

And don't worry about posts. Take all the time you need. Corey and I have been holding stuff up off and on since August, so we won't be holding that against you. We're getting to the tail end of football. One more regular season game on Sunday (win/loss record is currently 2-3). So, by Halloween we'll be back to a more normal posting schedule.

Thanks, Jenny. It's definitely a difficult loss when a pet dies, and it'll take some time to process.

Good luck to Teddy and his team as they finish out the season!

Anne, I hope you are starting to feel better.

MK, I'm truly sorry for your loss. My pets are family to me too. Take all the time you need. We're not going anywhere.

And thanks. It's bitter sweet that we are almost done with the season. Teddy loves playing but it will also be nice to have more free time. That is until he joins another sport.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 10-14-2016 at 03:15 AM.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast