Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
    This week is going to be hectic for me with dinner theater coming up next weekend, so I will likely be a bit slow on posts. Sorry!
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea

Wow, and here I was thinking it was a short story! Tell Teddy well done!

Count / Countess Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Yeah, no kiddding! 40 chapters? And good on him not to just write it an leave it. Editing is super important to learn how you write and how to write better!

Also, no worries MK! Knock 'em dead!
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.

Thanks! Today was the usual work day, about to leave for dance (I help coach a dance group for intellectually and developmentally disabled adults,) then on to rehearsal. Whew!
    Last edited by Monkey Kitty; 01-21-2020 at 01:31 PM.

It became a novel because we fleshed out his basic idea. There was no length goal in mind when we started. He just wanted it to not feel rushed, make sense, and just took a little each time.

No worries, MK. Break a leg.

One performance down, one to go!

I feel like a broken record, sorry for delays. I don't mean to keep you all waiting. With everything going on in the world with the coronavirus, it has left me feeling stressed and uninspired to write.

I live in Ohio and many things have changed in such a short space of time. In one week we went from having 5 cases to 119. Everyday our governor updates us and everyday it seems something else has changed.

There's no school and no spring sports. Teddy has to go online everyday and check his school work. We can't eat out in a restaurant. Some have closed, others (like the one Corey works at, thankfully) are still open but can only offer carryout/delivery options. Basically everything but retail stores and the banks are closed. I feel like all I do is go to work and go home. Although I wander into Kroger to see what's there and see if they currently have something one of my co-workers (a few have young kids and people are hoarding baby supplies) might need. Or something we or my parents (my dad just turned 70 and my mom is 66) need. People are hoarding like crazy, especially with the toilet paper. I hope when this is over, they donate all their hoards to charities.

Lowe's is considered an essential store, so I'm not worried about us having to close. Although they might have reduced hours eventually, as other stores are doing. My family is doing our best to practice social distancing. But it's crazy to me how many people are shopping at Lowe's. We're busy and it seems they're just bored and want to do projects or window shop. Lowe's remains open so if the hospital, which is across the highway from us, needs something they can get it. Keep yourself and especially your kids at home, people! That's the whole point of things being closed. Self-isolating appears to work for others countries, like South Korea. I read yesterday Ohio is doing basically the same thing they did in February, and now South Korea's cases are dropping. We all want things to go back to "normal" but we all need to do our part in it. If it means staying home, do it! Get some take out food and watch a movie at home with your family. And leave some damn TP for the rest of us. I have enough but it makes me sad to have to tell, especially older people, that there isn't any toilet paper in our store. Especially when before last week we had pallets of it!

When this ends, I hope people remember to not take things for granted as much. And be thankful to the people that are doing their jobs to keep society going. Whether it is at their place of employment or working at home right now. Truckers, retail workers, restaurant workers, janitors, teachers...We need them all and I hope people will appreciate them a lot more now.

Alright, rant over. I hope you are all safe and well as we deal with this pandemic.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 03-19-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Well said, Jenny. I am really struggling with the fact that people in my area are not taking this seriously enough. My state is one of the worst hit, but locally our numbers appear low - but the reason for that is that we don't have any tests. The real number is almost certainly much higher than reported. People and businesses are disregarding what they're being told, and I feel they're making it much worse by trying to get around the guidelines and hoping it "blows over" rather than if they just followed what they were supposed to and tried to squash this thing.

There's also some political stuff here in NY related to people's opinion of our governor, which I won't go into here except to say that people need to grow up about it and understand that this is bigger than any one person and you aren't going to stick it to a politician by spreading your germs around.

Anyway, rant over for me too, I guess.

Stay safe! We still have most items available here, so if a time comes when there's anything you need me to send, please let me know.

Stay safe, everyone! I'm still working, which is great, because I can't afford not to. Schools are closed in my city, and people have to be reminded to keep their children home. People are treating this as vacation, kids playing with each other outside, throwing parties, it's ridiculous. The complex closed everything - gym, sports court, etc - so we'll see if people will stay inside now. Stores that didn't are delivering now, which eases the pressure a little. We'll see how we'll go through all of this. For now, we're on lockdown until Apr 30. We'll see what happens after that.

Count / Countess Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Just to check in, I am also currently safe, though I have had to go into the office all week. I've sort of been running point while other members get into working from home. As the building is nearly deserted (read: I could play "FAME" and dance down the hallways and no one would notice), I feel as though I am fairly safe. I should be working from home by Mon/Tues, which eases my mind somewhat. I would rather not be taking elevators with lots of people, thankyouverymuch. As for those around me, it seems like most people are taking things seriously. We are all worried for our local businesses and there are lots of cries for help being answered by the public - buy dem gift cards, people! We'll see how long this lasts, but looks like I'll be eating fish soup for most of the shut down! Haha!

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast