Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast
    The Hunger Games OOC Discussion

The Hunger Games OOC Discussion

For all your planning, coordination, and discussion needs!

To start out with, I was planning to make two character bio threads - one for tributes and one for other assorted characters. That way people can tell at a glance who is in the arena with them, and won't have to wade through other NPCs to figure it out. How does that sound?
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea
    ...to the topTop

Also, another suggestion about bios - I was thinking of instead of posting full ones, what about just posting what other characters would likely know about your character? That way we can know who people are, but still have some mystery about them.
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Agreed! Sounds good to me on the bio fronts.

I have an arena plan and I will attempt to draw it up before the games begin.

Do we have an idea of where we want to start? Pre-selection? Post-selection but pre-arena? Or do we just want to throw them to the wolves?
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

My suggestion (though I'm open to other ideas) would be to have each character's IC intro post include selection, since that probably wouldn't need to be written cooperatively. I think it might be interesting to write some of the training, because that will be when the group dynamic starts to be established. I imagine we'll move on to the "main event" pretty quickly, but training could be a good way to start.
    Last edited by Monkey Kitty; 01-24-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Would there be any objection to me making a couple of other tribute characters? I don't want to make it too difficult for any new players to join, but I need two peeps for plot purposes, and I don't want the arena to feel too empty since we'll likely have a small group of writers.
    ...to the topTop

Well, there are 24 slots to fill, so taking up two or three of them is fine with me.

Just leave me a couple to kill brutally to show the wonders of my arena, okay?
    ...to the topTop

I'm sure there will be plenty of tributes for you to brutalize.
    ...to the topTop

Just checking. I'd hate to run short, y'know?
    ...to the topTop

Yes, that would be tragic.
    ...to the topTop

Mkay, I have the people I need.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast