Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    How bizarre.

Q - Potentially dumb question... how do you know we've 8 posts left? Are there so many allowed per page? Is it sad that i've wondered about posts per page but have never actually counted to check it out.

Well... I don't want Lairston to auto-make a thread, because then I can't edit the beginning the way I'm going to TRY to do. Try is the key word, but I have good intentions to do something useful with that space. Plus... There's no Fun in Emporium 2... I'd take Emporiums (which tickles me because I teach -s means +1 to my students), or The Maginus Strikes Back (just because) over that.

I'd like to try to wrap Mararat up. I think (barring a response form Tigers) is set up for Darmon. I don't know that Shamaa can get wrapped up before the lock, but we can get it and Mararat close enough, I guess. Ideally, my plan was to get Eri back to the Capital and start our the new thread with him calling his High Council meeting/addressing Rekodo as a whole about what's happened to the Princess. That's ideally speaking.

I'm going to go ahead and make a Princess et al post, because that's what comes next in "What posts does Steph owe the world at the moment". And Memories. And Sacha. Darn it.
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by SilntAngl5 View Post
    How bizarre.

Q - Potentially dumb question... how do you know we've 8 posts left? Are there so many allowed per page? Is it sad that i've wondered about posts per page but have never actually counted to check it out.
    This was an entirely stupid question for several reasons... Among them being:

1.) I already knew the answer to this question.
    2.) I knew as soon as I actually asked it of someone, I'd remember that I knew the answer to this question.
    3.) The d*mn posts are numbered.
    4.) I KNEW this, because I looked at the numbers yesterday and was excited we were close to 100 pages/1000 posts AT THE SAME TIME... because it's mathed to work out that way.
    5.) I'm an idiot.
    6.) There's not enough red wine in my life.
    7.) Ugh. -_-

I believe he set it up this way years ago because larger threads in the old Crossgen forum had caused the server to lag. Unfortunately, when it does auto close, the first post in the new thread tells you it's a continuation thread. The second gives a link to the previous thread and the third post is a repost of what the last post in the original thread was.

Although it does lock, I can go back and reopen it. So, you would be able to edit your first posts Sil for your indexing needs. However, I can't make it accept more posts.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 10-12-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry everyone, hit a busy spell I should be back on track tonight with posts.

Q - Feel free to post away, I kind of like improv so take it away.

Sil - I will write a post for Kali, and wrap it up to react to the news of "something wicked this way comes." ( lol) so that we can roll right into the next plot point. It's kind of funny actually, looking at it from the outside.....a group of women having a "discussion" with all their thoughts, feeling and opinions suddenly cut short by..........dun dun dun......The Clone or would it be proper to say Clown.....IT......cousin IT......who knows!!! *Shrugs* LOL
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free

The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is online now Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    Well... I don't want Lairston to auto-make a thread, because then I can't edit the beginning the way I'm going to TRY to do. Try is the key word, but I have good intentions to do something useful with that space. Plus... There's no Fun in Emporium 2... I'd take Emporiums (which tickles me because I teach -s means +1 to my students), or The Maginus Strikes Back (just because) over that.
    I put "Emporiums" as a reference to "Aliens" the sequel to "Alien". I'm sad that I didn't come up with "Emporium 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold". That one should have been obvious.

If you want the ability to title and edit the new thread, we can use the thread you already set up. I'm assuming the automatically generated thread can be deleted. If it can't be deleted we can post an explanation of why it's not in use, and a link to the thread we'll use. There's no reason not to do whatever works best for us.

I'd like to try to wrap Mararat up. I think (barring a response form Tigers) is set up for Darmon. I don't know that Shamaa can get wrapped up before the lock, but we can get it and Mararat close enough, I guess. Ideally, my plan was to get Eri back to the Capital and start our the new thread with him calling his High Council meeting/addressing Rekodo as a whole about what's happened to the Princess. That's ideally speaking.

I'm going to go ahead and make a Princess et al post, because that's what comes next in "What posts does Steph owe the world at the moment". And Memories. And Sacha. Darn it.
    Your last Udaya post seemed like a good jumping on point for what's going on in Shamaa (as it had a good description of the place), you could repost it on the new thread. I would have an introduction post for my character, so I would set up my small part in the scene. And Tigers can feel free to establish Branwen and her part.

My next Qwaring post would include his backstory, so that would be a nice jumping on point for that scene, so I'll post that on the new thread.

Verona waking up to what's happening to the Heli'Dom could make a nice introduction to what's happening there, so that can also fit on the new thread.

My Astral craziness is about to hit a new "chapter", so I can wait to continue that in the new thread.

I guess you could focus on getting the new thread set up the way you want it, and then we can start moving some things over there. If you think we can conclude the Mararat scene in less than eight posts we can play that out in the old thread. Or at least get us to the point where Eri leaves. I think the scene would take a different turn once Eri and his Amazing Friends leave, since Pasce, Nalia, Olivia, and Alain can talk more freely about certain matters once the others are gone.

Or at least that's how I see things. As always, I am open to do things in any way anyone else wants to do it.

This was an entirely stupid question for several reasons...
    There really are no stupid questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
    I believe he set it up this way years ago because larger threads in the old Crossgen forum had caused the server to lag. Unfortunately, when it does auto close, the first post in the new thread tells you it's a continuation thread. The second gives a link to the previous thread and the third post is a repost of what the last post in the original thread was.

Although it does lock, I can go back and reopen it. So, you would be able to edit your first posts Sil for your indexing needs. However, I can't make it accept more posts.
    Thank you for the information you've been giving us on this. I for one didn't know how all of this worked.

This will all work out. I think Sil, Tigers, and I just need to work out a bit of logistics on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    Q - Feel free to post away, I kind of like improv so take it away.
    Cool. Thank you. I'll post something as soon as the thread migration gets sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaring's clone#1 View Post
    Thank you for the information you've been giving us on this. I for one didn't know how all of this worked.

This will all work out. I think Sil, Tigers, and I just need to work out a bit of logistics on it.
    You're welcome. I saw how close you were all getting and I thought it would be best to give you a heads up.

I'm sure you, Sil, and Tigs will come up with a good solution and continue on with this fun story.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaring's clone#1 View Post
    I put "Emporiums" as a reference to "Aliens" the sequel to "Alien". I'm sad that I didn't come up with "Emporium 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold". That one should have been obvious.
    That would have, but the -s on the end made me smile. Alien's makes me afraid of the dark.

If you want the ability to title and edit the new thread, we can use the thread you already set up. I'm assuming the automatically generated thread can be deleted. If it can't be deleted we can post an explanation of why it's not in use, and a link to the thread we'll use. There's no reason not to do whatever works best for us.
    I would like the ability to edit. if everyone else is okay with using the thread I set up, we can stop the current thread before it locks.

I just posted a really long Pasce post there. Sorry for that, but the flow went so I went with it. It's a step closer to wrapping up.

Your last Udaya post seemed like a good jumping on point for what's going on in Shamaa (as it had a good description of the place), you could repost it on the new thread. I would have an introduction post for my character, so I would set up my small part in the scene. And Tigers can feel free to establish Branwen and her part.
    It was a little vague (aka badly described), but did anyone catch what Udaya was drawing in the dirt with the infinite diamond symbol of Rekodo?

My next Qwaring post would include his backstory, so that would be a nice jumping on point for that scene, so I'll post that on the new thread.

Verona waking up to what's happening to the Heli'Dom could make a nice introduction to what's happening there, so that can also fit on the new thread.

My Astral craziness is about to hit a new "chapter", so I can wait to continue that in the new thread.

I guess you could focus on getting the new thread set up the way you want it, and then we can start moving some things over there. If you think we can conclude the Mararat scene in less than eight posts we can play that out in the old thread. Or at least get us to the point where Eri leaves. I think the scene would take a different turn once Eri and his Amazing Friends leave, since Pasce, Nalia, Olivia, and Alain can talk more freely about certain matters once the others are gone.

Or at least that's how I see things. As always, I am open to do things in any way anyone else wants to do it.
    I will put energy into that this weekend. I think Eri leaving would be a good break for the Mararat group too.

Sorry it's taking me so long to post. There's a lot going on at my job right now/my son was sick this week/I'm running on Dunkin Donuts bottled ice coffee since red win isn't allowed at school. It'll slow down some next week and then I won't have much of an excuse to be a slacker.

Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast