Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
    I'm glad you read you had a great birthday, Tigs! Having fun is always the best and life should be all about it. Screw work, lol.

On my end, we had to work the entire weekend, but it does pay in the end, heh. We also had a chance to go hunt some Pokemons, so it's all good I guess

And there's no need to rush. We all have things to do. And power issues are not that fun...

Still, I'm having a blast with the forum and I'm moving a bit shyly around. I don't want to get into so much that later I just won't be able to handle.

BTW, I've been pondering for a few days about World of Emporium and I was wondering if there was an entry point for me to join (and if there's room for one more player, now that we're at that). I know it's backstory is huuuuuge, but I'm not afraid; unless you ask me to read the whole stuff-- now, that would take me forever.

So, if there's an entry point, I would love to start wherever you like and even play any type of character you want. That would be something new for me.

Oh, and I would definitely appreciate some heads up of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoro View Post
    BTW, I've been pondering for a few days about World of Emporium and I was wondering if there was an entry point for me to join (and if there's room for one more player, now that we're at that). I know it's backstory is huuuuuge, but I'm not afraid; unless you ask me to read the whole stuff-- now, that would take me forever.

So, if there's an entry point, I would love to start wherever you like and even play any type of character you want. That would be something new for me.

Oh, and I would definitely appreciate some heads up of what is going on.

Oh, heck. that's a REALLY good question, M. The main thread is closed (we reach 100 pages/997 posts so I figured we should just move it over to the new thread since we were at a big story convergence). In the World of Emporium: The Hunt for Light and Dark thread, I have a description of what's currently happening in each area of Rekodo here. There are descriptors for the world in the posts prior to that.

The backstory is huge. Huge is a good word for it. There's always room for more players, I honestly, just don't know where. The current SL is at a huge head right now, where a big battle is going to happen, a Princess is going to be killed on purpose to free the Ancestral Spirits back to the Guild Masters, and a big bad bad guy is going to go down. Nalia (Cao reborn) is going to have Alain's baby (Egidion reborn) soon after and the new Guild Masters mixed with the old ones will have a new High Council meeting to discuss the next bag guy in line. Q1's got one lined up for after/with the new bad guy too.

What were you thinking, character-wise? Q1 and I just opened up a side story line that doesn't quite cross over into the main SL, but exists within the same world in an independent territory 9for which I will be drawing a map at some point). It's a wild west type setting (where Sil and Qwaring/Xalidus reborn are being RPed. Sil's Spirit found him trapped on Emporium in this universe and shared her memories of him from all the other universes where she's encountered him. Since the Nightmares are invading this SL, they decide to hide within the world- in past universes, the Nightmares win if all the light is taken out of the universe. Certain factors happening increase their chance of winning like in the Nightmare future SL, or them losing, like on Emporium. If Cao has she/Egidion's child, it increases the light in the Universe and decreases their chances of winning... Sil's making multiple universes to try adn find the right combination to defeat the Nightmares before they overrun everything in darkness. Here, the Nightmares are playing a more minor part for the SL).

Soooo yes, we'd love to have you. No, I have no idea where you should jump in in the main thread. It might be easier to jump in at Harmony Point?
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)

Thanks, Sil, for taking your time to explain a few things around. Yeah, it's a big story and I don't want to intrude, really, just hang around playing a minor role unltil I really get the flow of things. I have two very rough ideas, but I'll still check if they work.

One of them is just to play one very simple soldier or servant around one of the main characters. I should check that out and will be reading this current thread to figure things out a bit better.

My other idea is a bit more complex. Considering the nightmares are playing a big role, I thought of a small family that always was this outlet for nightmares without them knowing. They thought of it as a curse, not really knowing that they were actual portals or just had the ability (or flaw) of being possessed by nightmares (I havent' figured out which one yet). Through generations, this family managed to "control" this curse by choosing one of their members and keeping him/her hidden in their basement and protected by some sort of spell. Yeah, they basically keep one of their family members as a prisoner. At this point, I'd need to check things out as well and figure out where to place them and, of course, build it in a non-disruptive way for the current plot.

I read the descriptions of the world and what was going on in each region. Ages ago I did play in Emporium. Actually twice. I don't remember what happened with my first pair of characters. I think I hit a point where I just couldn't really integrate them with the main storyline. Later on, I played with Jas for a while, with a little robber girl named Sofia. I think Jas and I couldn't cotinue at some point. I guess work got in the way... :/ So, I'm not completely unfamiliar with the setting. I'm just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind, lol. Anyway, I'll pay a closer look. And don't worry, I won't be disruptive.

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sil - I have a post set up with Kali and Vucan. I'm going to split Kali's post as I noticed I started to write more about some of the action going on with the night mares coming in. Also, I will post with Kai with the other group of women in answering Fateema. That is the next post I'm working on. I hope to have this post up before I leave and then Kai and the other gals later today.

The second half of the post can wait with Kali if you need to respond to the first half. Not sure if you're ready to start in with the hot and heavy chaos yet or not, so I was curtailing the post some. If there is anything you had in mind or an end goal for some of the girls let me know. If not, I'll just follow your lead and post according to their character and edit accordingly. I am trying to keep you from exploding with having to post with so many characters.....LOL......which I realize maybe too late.

Also, feel free to have Dyani move Nicolette, Kiyoko, Eilwen or Dominika wherever she feels they need to be.
    Last edited by Tigers; 11-14-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free

6. The following user laughed at Tigers's post:

SilntAngl5 (11-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    Sil - I have a post set up with Kali and Vucan. I'm going to split Kali's post as I noticed I started to write more about some of the action going on with the night mares coming in. Also, I will post with Kai with the other group of women in answering Fateema. That is the next post I'm working on. I hope to have this post up before I leave and then Kai and the other gals later today.

The second half of the post can wait with Kali if you need to respond to the first half. Not sure if you're ready to start in with the hot and heavy chaos yet or not, so I was curtailing the post some. If there is anything you had in mind or an end goal for some of the girls let me know. If not, I'll just follow your lead and post according to their character and edit accordingly. I am trying to keep you from exploding with having to post with so many characters.....LOL......which I realize maybe too late.

Also, feel free to have Dyani move Nicolette, Kiyoko, Eilwen or Dominika wherever she feels they need to be.

Haha! I appreciate your concern, though I fear it may be too late for me to not explode.

In another post or two, the dome will go and then chaos can reign. I just wanted to make sure My (many) characters, yours, and Qs could get established before things get dicey (e.g. having Arion establish communication with Branwen before things get nuts since that, logistically wouldn't take as long as Darmon poking the Alain-bear or Darmon talking at Kali). When the domes breaks, have at it.

Are you familiar with Pictorou at all? Q1 played him in the Nightmare Future SL... He's *OODLES* of fun!

*OODLES is code for turns everything and everyone into paint because he's a psychopath...

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LMAO! No, I don't remember. It's been so long and I'm so old.....

Anyway, going to go post with Kali and then get to work on the girls and Kai's post to Fateema.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoro View Post
    Thanks, Sil, for taking your time to explain a few things around. Yeah, it's a big story and I don't want to intrude, really, just hang around playing a minor role unltil I really get the flow of things. I have two very rough ideas, but I'll still check if they work.

One of them is just to play one very simple soldier or servant around one of the main characters. I should check that out and will be reading this current thread to figure things out a bit better.
    What province were you thinking? Each one is very unique. We are going to have a shift where several Guild Masters are being replaced (and the Seconds (second-in-command under the Guild Masters)) as well. Maginus will be all set, as will Astral. I had an idea for a new Guild Master/Second for Da'Jinn, but hadn't ironed anything out just yet. Let me know where you'd like to jump in and I can offer advice or let you know what's specifically going on for that province. Some of them will play bigger roles than others as this second phase for Emporium starts up.

My other idea is a bit more complex. Considering the nightmares are playing a big role, I thought of a small family that always was this outlet for nightmares without them knowing. They thought of it as a curse, not really knowing that they were actual portals or just had the ability (or flaw) of being possessed by nightmares (I havent' figured out which one yet). Through generations, this family managed to "control" this curse by choosing one of their members and keeping him/her hidden in their basement and protected by some sort of spell. Yeah, they basically keep one of their family members as a prisoner. At this point, I'd need to check things out as well and figure out where to place them and, of course, build it in a non-disruptive way for the current plot.

I read the descriptions of the world and what was going on in each region. Ages ago I did play in Emporium. Actually twice. I don't remember what happened with my first pair of characters. I think I hit a point where I just couldn't really integrate them with the main storyline. Later on, I played with Jas for a while, with a little robber girl named Sofia. I think Jas and I couldn't cotinue at some point. I guess work got in the way... :/ So, I'm not completely unfamiliar with the setting. I'm just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind, lol. Anyway, I'll pay a closer look. And don't worry, I won't be disruptive.
    I remember when you and Jas RPed initially. The thread has evolved quite a bit since the beginning, even from the start it didn't go exactly as the description for the lands was written in my first posts. Shadow also RPed a main character, but had things get in the way. Life and things happen.

As for the Nightmares, they are tied in every deeply to a plot in the SL we haven't uncovered yet. I don't know if having another Nightmare outlet/channeler would work. I'll have to explain what the deal with the Nightmares is.

unfortunately, my break is over and I have to get back to work. I'll post more later!

I'll drop the nightmare idea right away. It was just an idea. I really don't mind.

As for where to start, or in which province to establish my character, what if you make the suggestion? You could even suggest what kind of character would work and I can start with that. Things evolve, so I don't mind starting things up with only suggestions.

The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is offline Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    M, Nalia is tied up with the Realm of Nightmares, but there are other Realms to choose from.

Emporium is a world that needs to be in balance with the various realms and mystical forces. An event long ago in its past has upset that balance. This imbalance tipped the magical forces of the world too close to other realms, which allows things like the recent Nightmare problems to happen.

It's possible that forces from realms other than the Realm of Nightmares could spill into the world, or through a person.

Back in the old CG RP, Night controlled the Realm of Darkness. There's the Realm of Death (where spirits go when people die). Realm of Life, which Sil (the character) is tied to. Res was tied to the Realm of Dreams (although this might be a confusing choice, because there's currently a World of Dreams, which seems to be different than Res's realm).

Or there are whatever realms you can create.

I have an idea (and feel free to ignore it, because this is me just brainstorming things, like I always seem to do). Maybe your character that's locked away in the basement is connected to a Realm of Fantasy (which is inhabited by imaginary creatures and energies). The family doesn't know what this is, and are afraid that it's something dangerous (maybe they misunderstand it and think it's the Realm of Nightmares), so they lock up the character that's connected to it. But it turns out it's only as dangerous as the kinds of creatures that are allowed to enter the real world. Pixies and sprites are mostly friendly and a bit mischievous. Then there are goblins and shadow-fiends that are dangerous and sinister. And any other kind of creature or force that you can imagine.

It would be up to your character to figure out how to control this, and then determine which creatures are safe to let through and which are dangerous. Or to try to keep all creatures from slipping through the door.

Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast