Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Corey is the one who got me into horror stories, I've enjoyed some movies based on his works and thought I'd seek out the books. I pack my lunch and it's an hour, so that leaves me plenty of time to read. I finished "Bag of Bones" and am now working on Stephen King's "The Green Mile".

Horror has never been my cup of tea, but I'm glad you enjoy them, Jenny.

I think I'm currently reading The Seven Towers by Patricia Wrede, and Broken by Cedric Johnson and Veronica Giguere.

I'm currently trying to read Home from the Sea by Mercedes Lackey, Moonheart by Charles deLint, and I just switched from The Black Sheep to The Foundling, both by Georgette Heyer. I seem to be having a terrible time trying to settle on something right now. {rueful smile}

Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce
    Silence by Mercedes Lackey and Cody Martin
    The Warslayer by Rosemary Edgehill

I began the last one last night, after talking to Dave about it. I got to thinking that "Buffy and Xena meet Galaxy Quest" sounded like a pretty good reread.

Interestingly enough, I'm currently browsing Silence by Mercedes Lackey and Cody Martin again. My reading has really slacked off since Dad got sick. I'd just rather hang out on the net somehow.

I'll be reading parts of d'Aulaires' Trolls and d'Aulaires' Norse Gods and Giants. They aren't novels; they're picture books for older children. They're also the first references I thought of on the critters who inspired Tolkien's Dwarves. I need to refresh my memory about them for the Underworld: Aftermath story.

I'm currently reading The silence of the lambs, by Thomas Harris. I'm still in the first chapters, but I have to admit I'm enjoying it much more than I enjoyed the movie.

Oh good. I'm glad you're enjoying the book.

I seem to be reading a books of short stories from the Secret World Chronicles series by Mercedes Lackey, Steve Libbey, and Veronica Giguere (Dennis (K.) Lee and Cody Martin have also contributed to the series, but didn't write short stories, at least none that I could find.) I do like the series, short stories and all.

I've mainly been reading Kawelo, Roving Chief by Vivian L. Thompson, in part because of Fractured Fairy Tales, and in part because I chose it because it's my favorite longer story by Vi, my first non-related writing mentor.

I've also been checking out some of the stories in 2113: Stories Inspired by the Music of Rush, edited by Kevin J. Anderson and John McFetridge, with special attention to "Into the Night" by Mercedes Lackey, which happens to be another short story set in the Secret World Chronicles series.

I started reading The Ghoul Vendetta by Lisa Shearin today. I'm thinking about starting Hunter by Mercedes Lackey as well, but I haven't actually done more than browse that series yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123