Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Slavers in the North - Part 2

Slavers in the North - Part 2

The slave traders drove into the valley. They could hear the humans running in all directions from their approach. Jessir laughed wickedly, "Get the nets. They are all around us and they'll be a great reward once we get them back to the city auctions."

He rode after a human that he saw. A big one. He might even be worth the big bucks for the games. That would be great, Jessir thought. The games were a great spectacle for the populace and filled the arena. They also always brought the most money because the masters could make so much on them.

Jessir dreamed of one day actually having his own and being an owner.

Franc heard the familiar hooves of the slavers and yelled, "Get out of sight quickly! We can't let them catch us out here in the open.

The humans spread out and began running through the woods. They needed needed to get into the thick forest that would prevent the slavers from riding them down on their horses. It was their only chance.

"Hurry. Go! We can't stay here!"

He ran for the woods.

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here by Lairston Titled Slavers in the North

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here by Site Chronicler Titled Slavers in the North - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here by Site Chronicler Titled Slavers in the North - Part 3
    ...to the topTop

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
    ...to the topTop

Founder Lairston is offline Lairston's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nick nodded, "I hope so."

He watched Callie with david and said, "Make sure that she is safe as much as possible..."

He frowned and said, "see you tomorrow Callie." He sighed softly and watched David depart and then he went back out to the carriage to head hope.

Harold was still waiting in her room for Callie's return. When he heard David approach he stood up and opened the door, "Where has she been?" he growled miserably at David.

Vera frowned and said, "And how do you come to that conclusion?"

She shook her head and said, "I think Sierra needs some help to avoid the trouble." She added, "And there's some that will pick on her for whatever reason."

The man coughed from the smoke and was having trouble from the burns he had acquired in the attack. He wheezed, "I can try. But I don't know how well I'll do." He leaned heavily on Darien as he got up. His skin was scorched and blackened from the dragon fire.

"I smells myself and think I'm at a barbeque." He wheezed.

jade sighed, "It needs to be like that."

"Good teachers should advance with the students."
    ...to the topTop

"Bye Nick..." Callie said with a soft whimper before hugging David.

David gently rubbed her back before heading to her room to get her tucked in.

He then frowned at Harold as he said, "She was checked out for the day."

----

"I know that." Shanzai said with a nod.

"But she's also a child and will misbehave at times."

----

"We'll go as slowly as you need to." Darien said as he supported the man as best he could as he started to head out of the house again.

He smiled slightly and said, "We'll get you taken care of."

----

"Why's that?" Leah asked with a raised eyebrow as she continued eating her lunch.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Harold growled and said, "And I told you to not let her leave. To deny the request." He took a step at him and glowered down at him and growled, "So why didn't you do that?"

He snarled, "I don't want her out of the orphanage again!"

Vera sighed and nodded, "I suppose."

She then added, "But others are still the cause of it. They are picking on her all the time."

The man groaned and said, "Okay."

The building was ablaze with smoke all over and he coughed again as they made their way out of the house.

He gasped in the fresh air and collapsed outside and wheezed, "Hope the doctor can do something."

"Its painful."

Jade said, "Because it would be nice to keep having a good teacher. Wouldn't you think that would be good?"
    ...to the topTop

"And why not?" David asked with a slight scowl.

"Afraid that your mistreatment of the kids will be discovered?"

----

"Probably." Shanzai said with a slight nod.

"But she's also stubborn and can have a temper at times." she added with a slight laugh.

----

Darien started coughing badly once they were outside and breathed as deeply as he could of the fresh air.

Nodding in reply to what the man said, he said. "Come on. Let's get you to town..."

----

"Yeah, but the teachers can't move with us every year." Leah said with a slight shrug.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Karvic walked into the restaurant. He was feeling depressed about everything that Callie was going through.

Philip came over to him and said, "Hey Karvic. Lexi's in the back cooking."

Karvic nodded, "Okay. Is it really busy?"

Philip said, "It could be busier." He smiled, "Do you want to see her."
    Karic nodded and said, "Okay."

He then headed into the back and said, "Hey Mary! Where's Lexi?"

Mary said, "She's in the lady's room." Philip nodded, "Okay. When she comes back would you tell her Karvic is out here."

Mary nodded, "Sure thing."

Philip headed back out and said, "She's indisposed at the moment but she should be out shortly."

Karvic nodded, "Okay."

Mary started working on the next order and kept looking at the door for Lexi's reappearance.

She noticed that Mike's order was nearing completion and said, "You better get back to your station Mike. It looks ready."

Jules decided to go to the marketplace and headed into town. She was driving along when she looked into the crowd and gasped. She quickly turned the buggy into an alley and looked back. He hadn't seen her.

Her heart was racing a mile a minute. She mumbled, "Janis."

She started to cry in the alley and held herself tightly, "How did he know to come here."

Harold scowled at David and stepped toward him and glowered down at him. He growled at him, "There is no mistreated kids in this place."

"She is just an animal." He shook his head, "And that is how she always will be viewed."

He glared at David with pure anger and said, "And you better get with the program."

"Yeah she can at times. Just ask Jade." Vera laughed and nodded and said, "We'll have to see that she doesn't do that any more." She winked.

A few minutes later Joseph came in and whined, "I can't find my crayons!!! I need them for my homework in art."

Vera said, "I haven't seen them."

She looked at Shanzai and said, "Think he could borrow the twin's crayons when they're finished with theirs?"

Gerius came over to them and said, "That was the bravest thing in the world Darien. You're a hero."

The man was wheezing and said, "Yeah I need to get back there quick to a hospital." He groaned.

Gerius said, "I think you both could use some time there." He patted Darien's back trying to clear up his lungs from the smoke.

He asked Darien, "Think you can make it okay? You really got clobbered by the smoke I think."

Jade said, "What makes you say that?"
    ...to the topTop

Lexi came back a few minutes later and looked to see what the next order was so that she could start preparing it.

Mike nodded and hurried back to his station and started to plate it as he said, "Thanks for the warning, Mary."

----

David shook his head and said, "She is not just an animal but I doubt that that'll ever get through your thick skull."

He kept silent on why Callie had been checked out that day and hoped that the judge would be able to get her out of there quickly.

----

Shanzai laughed and nodded before saying, "Yeah. Her journal has really helped her keep a better control over her temper, but it still flares up at times."

She then nodded and said, "That shouldn't be a problem. I'll let them know to let Joseph borrow theirs when they're done."

----

Darien nodded and said, "I think I can make it."

He then shook his head and said, "No... I KNOW I can make it. I have to for his sake."

Straightening up again, he tried to keep from coughing as he went to see if there was a wagon that was still intact.

----

"Because then it'll be hard for the teacher to have to learn all of the new stuff before they can teach it to us." Leah replied with a slight shrug.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Mary nodded, "You're welcome Mike." She smirked at him and started the order she was on and then when Lexi came in he said, "Philip came into the kitchen looking for you."

She paused and said, "He wanted to let you know that Karvic is out there doing something."

She added, "I think he wants to see you."

Harold scowled at David's answer and said angrily at his remark, "Don't you talk to me like that David. I have had enough of you attacking me."

"I asked you where she was all day."

He sneered, "Are you going to make me extract the information from her." He uncurled the bullwhip. "I think it will do her some good to get another session anyway."

He wrinkled his nose, "She looks too well for someone that acts like her."

Vera nodded and said to Shanzai, "I think the journal was an excellent idea and hope it continues to help her keep her head straight." She then added when shanzai mentioned her temper, "Hopefully she'll get it under control completely soon."

When she said Joseph could borrow the crayons, Joseph sighed in relief, "Thanks Aunt Shanzai. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't use them."

Gerius shook his head and said, "Okay." He then tended to the injured man while Darien got the wagon.

There was a wagon parked not far under a tree. It was large enough to get the man and other injured to the hospital.

Gerius called, "Did you find anything Darien?" He couldn't see the wagon from his angle.

Jade frowned, "I didn't think of that."

She sighed, "I guess you're right."
    Last edited by Lairston; 09-27-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Lexi looked over at Mary and nodded as she said, "Thanks."

She then left the kitchen and headed out to the dining room to look for Karvic.

----

David frowned slightly and took a step back as he continued to hold Callie and said, "She was checked out by her counselor."

"He took her to get the medical care she needed."

----

Shanzai laughed slightly and said, "I think her temper will be a lifelong thing she'll need to keep track of."

She then smiled at Joseph and said, "You're welcome, Joseph."

----

"Yes." Darien said with a slight nod as he walked over to the wagon and then started to drive it back to Gerius.

He was almost there when he pulled to a stop and started coughing hard.

----

"Yep." Leah said with a nod.

"But hopefully we'll get other good teachers too."
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast