Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    William Shoemaker

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...77-d5l4c7f.jpg

William knew he couldn't keep surviving on his own, he wasn't calm enough, he wasn't talented enough, and frankly, he wasn't brave enough when it came to the undead. Sadly, William had already done a really, REALLY bad job of making a good first impression. So he did what seemed to be the smartest thing he could, he lifted his mask, revealing the weak, fragile looking programmer underneath.

I... I'm sorry for trying to steal from you.

His apology sounded weak, like he was just trying not to die, not that that wasn't true either. He had backed himself into a corner, and could think of no way out, the only thing he realized was the girl was his best option from getting pitty. The male seemed pretty obvious from his response, that he wanted nothing to do with the terrible bandit, William.
    ...to the topTop

Abby Hall

"You should be."

Abby replied to William. It was bad enough they had to watch out for the dead, let alone living people trying to threaten them. What a horrible thing Matthew had unleashed on them...A part of her wanted to just leave William here. He had made his own grave but...That wasn't right. He had been doing what he thought was best to survive and how could she truly fault that? If she hadn't found Mike and his family, who was to say she wouldn't have done the same. She looked over at Mike.

"It's your call, leader."

Mike had the most combat experience, he had become their little group's leader. Although no one usually called him that. It just went without saying that everyone followed his lead. She used the term this time so that William knew who was technically in charge around here.
    ...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

Mike had never asked to be a leader but since the world went to hell, he had become one. He was sure William was sorry now, after all, his little plan had failed and Mike doubted this man had had much experience with actual guns or combat before Matthew's first dragger got loose. He wanted to leave him behind. Why should he care what happened to anyone that wasn't a part of his group? William had given a horrible first impression and didn't inspire Mike's instant trust and in a world like this, you had to trust someone. Still, it wasn't right to leave him behind. He had been a solider and a cop and you didn't leave someone behind. He knew Abby had used the term leader to make sure William knew what place Mike held in their group. He wasn't a dictator but he wouldn't hesitate to protect his people.

"You can come with us but if you screw up, I will take you down."

That was a promise. If Abby, his nephew, his sister-in-law, or his friends were threatened by William or his actions, then Mike would take him out. He wouldn't think twice about it to protect those he cared about.

...to the topTop

William Shoemaker
    William was visibly taken back He didn't expect two people he just met to help him out. How naive, or overly trusting, or maybe just incredibly nice could these people be? Though maybe he had been doing this all wrong, maybe us humans need to stick together. Well he was going to take them up on their offer, at least until he learned to truly defend himself, and not just panic whenever the undead came near him.

I... I am shocked. I just tried to rob you, why would you help me?

Its not that he wasn't pleased, it just seemed so surreal to him.

...to the topTop

Abby Hall

Abby smiled when Mike said William could come and lowered her gun. He wouldn't be the man that she was developing some pretty strong feelings for if he had just said the other man would have to fend for himself. Yes, he tried to rob them but obviously he was scared and it was a mistake. As long as he didn't try to do something again, they could just move on and let bygones be bygones. Of course, she did believe that Mike would make good on his promise if William did try to screw them over in the future. She turned to William and said.

"You made a mistake, we all do. Just because the world when to hell, that doesn't mean we don't give people a second chance."

She smiled as she added.

"I'm Abby and this is Mike. What's your name?"
    ...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

"People got to stick together, especially in this crazy world."

Mike replied to William. Perhaps it was a little crazy to offer a chance to someone who just tried to rob them, but Abby was right. Everyone deserve a second chance. Of course, if William screwed up, he wouldn't get a third. There was safety in numbers, though, and it never hurt to have too many friends. Especially with the dead walking the Earth now and trying to eat you. He just hoped he wasn't making a mistake letting William come with them.
    ...to the topTop

William Shoemaker

William nodded, these were good people. He should probably try and be more like them, but that not always easy when life - or unlife - is trying to kill you.

William, William Shoemaker, but I just go by Will.Maybe you guys can help me in the whole not freaking out to every zombie department. Its been kind of a weakness for me from the beginning.

He shrugged trying to act calm, but the strange turn around that this situation happened so fast had him uncomfortable. It didn't help that these were the first two living people he had seen in quite a while that were trying to kill him or rob him, and that he wasn't trying to do the same to. Though, it seemed common courtesy came back easy to him, as if the end never came.
    ...to the topTop

Abby Hall

"Nice to meet you, Will."

Abby told him when he gave his name. It was nice to meet him, now that they knew he wasn't going to try and rob them. The world was bad enough right now thanks to draggers without worrying about the human race turning on each other. She gave him a half smile.

"You'll have to ask Mike for tips on that, I still get freaked out from time to time."

It was starting to become almost second nature. It was getting harder and harder to remember what the world was like before Matthew's "experiment" went loose. Abby had never fired a gun before that time and now...She becoming a stronger person then she had been.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 01-27-2015 at 11:40 AM.
    ...to the topTop

Mike Brooks

Mike hoped he wasn't making a mistake letting Will come with them. Dylan was dead and it was up to Mike to protect Katie and Sam. They and Abby were all the family he had left now. He always had a good gut, though, and right now it was telling him that Will had made a mistake. He was scared but he wasn't going to hurt them. He smiled at Abby's comment.

"Don't let her fool you, she's tougher then she looks."

She was too, Mike had came to care about Abby a lot. He also trusted her with his life and that of his family's. He added.

"We have to raid the pharmacy before we go."

See if there was anything usable left before heading back to the rest stop where the others were waiting.
    ...to the topTop

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345