Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wysiwyg?

Wysiwyg?

Wysiwyg?

Didn't we have a WYSIWYG editor for UBB for the reply box? Now even in Advanced mode, it's not there. :S

Or we really didn't and the voices in my head are lying to me again?
    Last edited by kulit; 12-11-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Feel free to feed the Kulit!

@kulit: Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | @drealkulit: Instagram | Flickr

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The quick reply and advanced posting boxes are WYSIWYG editors. Are you not seeing that?
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Blog Entries
    Might be a user setting you need to switch.

Go to Settings (Upper right corner)
    Go to General Settings (Menu on left, about half-way down)
    Scroll to Miscellaneous Options (Almost to bottom)
    Select Enhanced Interface

Ah ha! It's all back now!

Thanks, Jas!!!!

I'm very unfamiliar with text editors, so I'm wondering if the quick reply is not working right for me. I'm using advanced posting for this reply, but whenever I use the quick reply, I have trouble. I will be typing out a word or a sentence and suddenly letters will disappear or not appear in the first place. I know I type them out, but they just don't show up.

For instance, I might write "That's easy for you to say" but what I'll get is "Tat's asy fo you to say."

Okay, I'm having issues even in the advanced reply window. Can anyone give me an idea of why this happens and how I can fix it?
    Clones under the MC account: Berchnal, Justine, The Zee Twins: Daizee and Maizee, A Man of Mystery, Styx and Kratos

Blog Entries
    I've never heard of that. Sounds like there may be system lag on your computer that's causing letters to not appear. Check those same settings I showed with kulit and try the three different types and see if you have any differences between them.

MC, I used the standard. Specifically because I thought my slow connection might cause things to be wonky if it doesn't load altogether.

You might want to try that setting.

Thanks, Jas & Kulit. I will try that and let you know if it helps.

Aww, that explains why it wasn't showing up for this account but did for our main ones. Neither of us had logged into the "Dragons" account in years.
    Characters posted in this account:
    Drags, Grimlock, & Swoop

Shared account of Sojourn & Optimus Prime

+ Reply to Thread