Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kapo's Pocket Dimension

Kapo's Pocket Dimension

What if you found a portal to a parallel universe? What if you could Slide into a thousand different worlds? Where it's the same year, and you're the same person, but everything else is different. And what if you can't find your way home?

No, that isn't right, kupo.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Twilight Zone.

Hmmm..... Still not right, kupo.

It's called the TARDIS, this thing. T.A.R.D.I.S. That's Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Culture shock. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

Kupo, kupo, kupo. Not a TARDIS, kupo. Not a Twilight Zone, kupo. Not a slide, kupo. Kupo, kupo, kupo!

This is a place, kupo. I don't know where it came from, it's just here, kupo. I can send things here whenever I want, and can usually get it back when I want too, kupo. Things here are crazy, kupo. Always changing and moving, kupo. I don't know why it happens, kupo. I don't really know that much about it, kupo. It's just very weird, but I like it, kupo.

I'd tell you more if I could, but Drags is still in trouble at the Inn, kupo. I need to make sure he lives, kupo. He's part of the band, and the band is going to make me the manager to the stars, kupo!
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Blog Entries
    There is a chamber somewhere in the endless expanse of the pocket dimension. It is dark in this chamber, no light shines anywhere. This chamber could be called a storage room, but junk room would be a more appropriate description. All matters of things fill this chamber, most of which hold no value at all, except perhaps to the one who puts things in here. Currently, this room is being filled with broken beams, broken tables, broken chairs, and all sorts of broken things. That is because this is where Kapo sends things when he makes them disappear in the other world.

Kapo had believed that this dimension was his, and everything he sent here was safe. Who can say if it is his dimension or not? One thing is for certain, though, the dimension isn't as empty as Kapo would believe it to be. Things sent here, especially items of value, have the habit of disappearing.
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 01-05-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Sari & Kari

Two women entered the dark chamber. Both were carrying torches to light up the dark chamber and the two women began to look around. They were sisters and identical twins. They had long black hair and dark brown eyes.

"I don't know why we bother looking in this one. All that's ever in here is junk."

The one woman said, kicking some rubble from the inn around and scoffing at the stuff that Kapo thought was "important". It all looked like trash to her and she didn't want to get overly dirty searching this chamber. Her sister replied.

"We have to do our job, Sari. If not..."

She shuddered to think what the queen would do to...Sari looked over at her sister and said.

"Hey, I know, Kari. It's just...this Kapo thing likes trash. We never find anything valuable here."

Kari knew that Sari knew why it was important to do their job. Sometimes it was easy to forget that what was at stake was just as important to her sister as it was to her. Kari replied.

"Nothing valuable yet but this time might be different."

"I seriously doubt that."

Sari replied and Kari had a feeling her sister was right. They began to search the chamber, finding nothing of value at first. Just trash and useless junk. Sari was shocked when she found a bag full of gold. She held it up to show her twin.

"Looks like I was wrong about the little moogle after all."

Kari shrugged.

"Her majesty won't be impressed with more gold."

"Maybe not, but I'll keep it if she doesn't want it."

Sari said with a grin, which died down when Kari looked at her in shock. They couldn't keep anything they found in the chambers. Both knew that.

"I was just joking, Kari."

"It wasn't funny."

Kari replied with a glare and was about to suggest they call it a day with Kapo's chamber when she almost tripped over something that she was sure the queen would find far more valuable then gold. She got down on her knees and got dirt on her face and arms pulling it out of the rubble. Sari, who had been a little sad she couldn't keep the small little fortune of gold, saw her sister had found something good.

"What did you find?"

"Something I think she'll like."

Kari said, holding up the book. Sari nodded her head and they decided it was time to head back to the castle and present their finds to their queen.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 01-11-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Varash

Like everyone else in this pocket dimension, Varash grew up in fear of the immortal queen. His parents were born in the same fear, as were their parents before, going back into times unremembered. Was there ever a time that the queen had not been ruling? No one could answer that, except perhaps the queen herself, and that was something she would never reveal. His parents were servants in the castle, forced by the queen to serve her every need and desire. Disobedience meant death, there was no other punishment.

It was in this state of fear that Varash learned the value of power. It was a power he wished to one day hold. To make men and women cower before him as he and others cowered at the feet of the queen was something that passed through his mind ever since his teenage years, a time which seemed to be ages ago now. Everything he had done from that time, though, including risking the ire of the queen, has been done to further that goal. He made it a point to win the favor of the queen, which was far from an easy task, given that she seemed to be able to see right into a man's heart and know his deepest thoughts. Thoughts that often led to their death.

When Varash was 20, he left the palace. He wanted to find something that would impress the queen. He knew of the expeditions sent by the queen to search the many mysterious treasure chambers across the dimension. It was said that magical beings put their treasures in these chambers for safe keeping. Legend said, before the queen came, his people were actually protectors and guardians of these magical beings. Needless to say, he couldn't imagine any of his people being protectors or guardians of anything. They were a frightened and defeated people, and that is what they would always be, despite whatever powers they did have.

In one of the chambers, Varash found a crystal necklace. The crystal hanging on the end of the necklace glowed with a faint light. He believed that this would be perfect to win favor with the queen. He put it around his neck and tucked it under his shirt. After emerging from the chamber, he collapsed to his knees, holding his head in pain. His mind was flooded with images and words. It was a confusing jumble of conflicting information and sensations. His mind tried to make sense of everything, which only made his head hurt more. He remained in that spot, just outside the chamber, sick and in pain, for two days. His mind slowly adjusted to the information and he soon realized that the images and words he was hearing were actually the thoughts, sights, and sounds of his people. Was this how the Queen was able to see into the minds and hearts of the people? Was he now equal to the queen? He knew he could not return to the palace now. This would certainly be his death.

Varash spent the next five years learning to use the power of the crystal. He learned to silence the sounds and focus only on what he desired to see and hear. He found there was no limit to how far away a person was, he could still read their thoughts if he thought of them. After that time, he decided to chance returning to the palace. He believed that he could use his new power to protect his mind from the queen, and to further his own cause. He kept the crystal hidden beneath his dark robes, hiding the glow beneath the thick material, and went before the queen. He could feel her mind probing his, but the crystal protected his thoughts, giving phantom thoughts to the queen's probing.

Soon after his return, he managed to earn the favor of the queen, making himself useful to her. Within a decade, he had become almost as feared as the queen herself. He relished in his power, and wanted more. If he could, he would find a way to overthrow the immortal queen, learn the secret of her immortality, and rule the dimension in her place. He managed to make it this far on his own, he knew he would live to see his next goal reached.

It was forty years ago today that Varash discovered the crystal. Thirty five years since he returned to the palace with his new power. Twenty five years since he became the most feared man in the dimension. No one knew what his plans were, they only knew that to cross him was to cross the queen. That meant just one thing, death.

Varash spent time each day sending his mind out to touch the scouts searching the chambers for treasure. His mind stopped upon the twin sisters of Sari and Kari. Of all the forced treasure hunters, he liked these two the best. He knew they despised the queen, most of the people did. He had even thought of turning them over to the queen before, but something stopped him every time. He was still a man, after all, and these two women were quite beautiful.

That was not what caught his attention today, though. He saw what they had found. He knew it was something he needed. Like the crystal hidden beneath his robes, this book held the key to increasing his power. He knew he had to get his hands on it before it was turned over to the queen. He gave a mischievous grin and left the palace, heading to intercept the twins on the road, long before they would reach the palace.
    Attached Images

Sari & Kari

Sari and Kari left Kapo's chamber with the gold and the spell book with them. They barely got outside it when Sari said.

"Hang on."

"What? Why?"

Kari asked, confused that her sister wanted to stop before they even got started. It was a long trip back to the queen's palace and they would have to do it by foot. The sooner they returned, the better. There was a stream nearby and Sari was bending down to clean up and Kari gave her an annoyed look.

"We don't have time to clean up."

"Yes, we do."

Sari replied, grabbing her sister's arm and starting to clean up the dirt that was all over Kari's face. Kari could care less that she had dirt all over her.

"Seriously, Sari? Are you that vain?"

Kari asked, pushing her sister away and wiping off the water in annoyance. Sari gave Kari a look and whispered.

"You know he's going to find us..."

Varash always seemed to show up whenever someone found something good in a chamber. The spell book that Kari found would surely make him appear before they returned to the queen. Kari swallowed hard, she had been so concerned about returning to the palace, she hadn't thought of Varash...He was just as feared as the queen was in their world. Sari and Kari had grown up in a world where you feared both the immortal queen and Varash. The time before the queen was in the distant past. Sari saw the change in her twin's eyes and knew that her sister got why Sari insisted they cleaned up first. Varash could read minds and neither sister doubted he knew that they deep down hated the queen. He had never turned them in and both suspected it was because of their looks. Even if he was old, he was still a man. If they were going to run into him, they had better look their best. Both women made their faces were clean and their hair looked decent. Sari made the point of lowering the zippers on both her and her sister's shirts. Once Sari was satisfied with their physical appearances, Kari picked up the book and the twins headed back on the path to the palace.

Blog Entries

Varash

Varash walked into the stables of the palace. A pair of stable boys, around ten years old each, were playing with wooden sticks like swords. One of the boy's backs was to Varash, the other was facing his direction. The boy's face went ash white from fear. He quickly turned and ran away. The other boy turned to see who had come, his face also draining of color.

"L...Lord Varash...." he stammered in fear.

"Bring me my horse, boy!" Varash ordered. He made a mental note to punish the other boy when he returned. No servant is allowed to leave his presence until properly dismissded.

"Y...Yes, m'lord...." the boy dropped the stick and ran to follow Varash's command. As the boy ran, Varish heard a loud snort to his right. He turned his head to look in the stall. A large, black stallion stood proudly, hands above every other horse in the sables. The horse's eyes were red, and glowed as if they had an inner light of their own. The mane was almost as if smoke. A nightmare. A creature of legend in as much as its Mistress, the queen of the realm.

As he looked into the nightmare's eyes, the nightmare looked back into his, as if seeing right into his soul. He knew that wasn't the case, as the crystal hidden beneath his robes protected his mind from all forms of mental intrusion. Yet, still, he could not shake the feeling that the nightmare, an extremely intelligent creature, knew what Varash had planned. Whether the nightmare approved or not, Varash had no way to know.

"Your steed, m...m'lord...." Varash whipped his head back in front of him with a menacing glare that caused the stable boy to take a step back and cower slightly. The boy held a small brown and white painted mare by its reigns. It was a beautiful and majestic creature, but still paled next to the giant nightmare stallion beside them.

"Very good, boy. Now go and clean the stalls. Playtime is over." Varash glared at the boy as the boy nodded and half bowed as he ran off to obey. Once the boy disappeared into a stall, Varash lead his horse out of the stables. He went to a nearby stool that he used to help mount the horse. He used to be able to mount horses, much larger than the mare, without difficulty. Age had taken that from him, and he could no longer do so without aid. Once he was on his steed, he turned his head to look back at the stables. The nightmare's head peered over the gate keeping it in its stall, watching Varash with what appeared to be a knowing gaze.

"Bah! Foolishness!" Varash cursed under his breath then turned his head forward again. "Hyah!" He spurred his horse forward, riding at a steady pace down the road to where he knew the twins would be.

Sari & Kari

As the twins walked the path back to the palace, Kari flipped through the book. She knew it wouldn't be theirs long but was curious what was in it. She saw various spells that she had no idea how to cast or what they could do and noticed that on the inside of the cover there was writing. She read it out loud to Sari.

"Listen to this...'Book property ofs Drags. You no touchys or me burns you.' Wow, talk about some bad grammar."

She said with a laugh and Sari laughed with her.

"No kidding. It sounds like-"

She stopped talking when she saw in the distance a rider approaching on horseback. She whispered to Kari.

"Told you he'd come."

Kari nodded her head and closed the book. When Varash stopped in front of them, both sisters bowed to him.

"Hello, Lord Varash. What do we owe this pleasure?"

Sari asked.

Blog Entries

Varash

Varash stopped next to the women and looked down at them. His position on the horse not only gave him a position of superiority, but it also gave him a good view of their exposed cleavage. He was no fool. He knew that they lowered the zipper of their tops just for him. It was a game to them, and one he was not opposed to playing.

"You know why I'm here." he said in a calm tone. With anyone else, it would have been much colder, more demanding and intimidating. With the twins, though, he found it harder to be as cold. "You found something. Give it to me and I'll present it to the queen."

His request was not an uncommon one. He often asks for what has been found. As far as anyone knew, he does give them over to the queen. In reality, though, he examines their usefulness for himself first, keeping what he believes to be the most useful to himself.

Those who find items that he later keeps soon disappear. Varash trumps up charges against them and has them executed, so his secret would remain safe. As far as anyone knows, the charges have nothing to do with the treasure, but most do know that the charges are false. Only the twins seem safe from his anger and false accusations, which is apparent to many, including the twins.

Sari & Kari

The twins weren't stupid, they knew exactly why Varash was here and it wasn't just to admire their physical beauty. Kari tightened her grip around the book. Normally the twins would have just given him whatever treasure they found in a chamber but this time...The book was important, both sisters believed that. So much so, that maybe the queen herself was listening in and already knew of its existence. Her powers were strong and mysterious. She could read the hearts of people and often knew what was going on before any one realized it. A good reason why no one had ever been able to overthrow her. If Varash knew that Kari had found the book, then the queen might too...Just because they always seemed to be safe against Varash's anger, they wouldn't be safe against the queen and neither would Kari's son. Kari whispered to Sari.

"We can't...If she knows about it and...She'll kill Belenus."

Belenus was Kari's son and was seven years old. He worked at the palace as a stable boy. The queen made sure to keep an eye on the boy and that his mother and aunt knew what would happen to him if they didn't do what she said. Belenus' father had been killed when he was a toddler by the queen for crossing her. Kari would do anything for her son, he was her reason for living and Sari loved him dearly as well. He was the one bright spot in their lives, especially living in this dimension. Sari whispered back.

"I know..."

And now she wasn't sure what was the right call. Just because they seemed almost immune to Varash's wrath, that didn't mean he wouldn't kill them or falsely accuse them of a crime now for trying to disobey him. Sari said to Varash.

"My lord, we would but...You know as well as we do that her majesty has eyes and ears everywhere. She might already know of this book and we are afraid that if we do not bring it to her ourselves, she might accuse of us of wanting to use it against her and my sister's son will pay the price."

It was a safe assumption, the queen did seem to know everyone's weaknesses. For Kari and Sari that weakness was a seven year old boy. They would give their own lives for him and do anything they could to protect him.

Blog Entries

Varash

Varash gave a sinister grin as the women whispered to each other. While the whispers were too low for his normal hearing, he could hear it clearly in their minds. He also knew that the queen was not omniscient. In his years honing his telepathic abilities, he learned that the queen probably was limited in her abilities in much the same way he was. She had to focus, and if she were focusing on them, he would have sensed her mind when he read their minds.

"My ladies," he responded slyly. He never addresses anyone else so formally, and only rarely does so with the twins. He did so today because he saw an opening he could exploit. "You know I'm the eyes and ears of the queen. She trusts me. She trusts my judgement." The horse shifts beneath him as he looks down at the twins with his grin, appearing to undress them with his eyes. While it was true what he was saying, for the most part. There did appear to be a level of trust there. Varash knew, though, that the trust was only an illusion. The queen trusted no one, and if he was not careful, he would not survive anymore than anyone else would. That is why he takes great care to be careful, and to keep up the illusion of being trusted.

"I understand your fear, but in this case it is misplaced." he continued, as if trying to relate to them. The words were uncomfortable coming form his mouth. He never "relates" to anyone. Like the queen, it is his will or death. There was never a need to relate. Had it been anyone but the twins, he would have killed them here and just taken the spell book for himself. This time, though, he was after something more. If he played this hand correctly, he would have what he desired since secretly turning the queen against the father of the boy all those years ago.

"Your boy, he's forced to live and work in the stables. I'm sure he lives in fear of the queen's nightmare that is housed in there. That is no place for a boy to be." He straightens himself upon the horse and gives a sinister grin as he gazes down at the twins, indicating he was ready to offer his proposition, or ultimatum.

"You give me the spell book, and I shall bring your boy into my chambers as my personal servant, safe from the wrath of the queen. Of course, that means you wouldn't be able to see him, as he would be living deep inside the palace at that point. That, too, can be remedied." His grin almost seems to widen. "You both serve me as well. I get the spell book, and the three of you will live with me, safe from the queen." Of course, 'safe' is a relative term when it comes to dealing with the queen, but it was true that, of all the places in the dimension, being with Varash would be the safest from the queen, but that didn't truly mean safe.

"Of course, you could deny me the offer of my kindness, and refuse to give me what I ask for. You do that, though, I cannot ensure the safety of your boy. After all, the queen does have eyes everywhere."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast