Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Welcome to Liddle - Entry Test

Welcome to Liddle - Entry Test

Several miles northwest of Liddle, roughly the midpoint between the school and the Corazon border, two people in tweed hiking outfits climb the low mountains of the area. The look almost identical – far skin, red hair, and green eyes. The only difference is their gender.

“Caldum, you are certain that McGill said this was minimal danger to us? While we research upon dust and hunters, we are not the most experienced in field combat.” The woman asks.

The man, Caldum, replies “Deedrie, you know as well as I that despite his over the top speeches and love of the spotlight, McGill is most adapt at knowing the habits of the grimm. We only have to place the dust bomb at the boulder to expose the caverns. The grimm inside are young and starved. Still a fair test for would be students.”

Deedrie sets down a dust crystal with a timer on it next to a large boulder that is sealing a cave. “Indeed. I just had the feeling we were being watched.”

“Watched? Deedrie, you are being paranoid. Come. Set the timer and we can get back to the school.” Caldum says before starting to hike back.

Several trees away, a two sets of red eyes watches hidden within. It belongs to something that vaguely looks like a tiger but its colors are black with what might be white stripes or maybe lines of bone spikes that look like strikes. What looks like a bone mask covers its face with red patterns on it. Its teeth look like they should be on a saber-tooth tiger and its tail has what looks like an open claw with a red bulb in it. The tail twitches slightly and the beast decides to wait. A better chance will come soon enough. A chance when the occupants of the cave weaken one of those daring to enter and the rakshasa will feast…
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Amber

A teenage girl hiked alone through the woods, miles away from Liddle. It generally wasn't advisable for anyone to be out in the woods alone. You never knew if Grimm would be around. She wasn't an ordinary girl, though. Not as far as she was concerned at least. She was Amber Artemis, huntress in training, and she wasn't here by chance. She had received a letter from the academy directing her to the woods for her entrance exam. The instructors of the academy wouldn't put her in that much danger before her first day, so whatever dangers did lay ahead, she knew she could face them.

Her white feline ears, a proud symbol of her faunus heritage, flicked and turned as she listened to the sounds of the woods around her. She wanted to be ready if any Grimm jumped out to attack her. Her weapon, affectionately known as Realta, was folded on her belt, ready to be grabbed for any battle that she might find herself in. In sharp contrast to her ears, her dark black hair was held back in a pony tail by two bright yellow ribbons, one at the base of her neck, the other at the middle of her back, at the end of her hair length. She preferred it in the pony tail, as it would help keep it out of the way, no matter what situation she would find herself in.

"Ok, I should be getting close now," Amber said aloud, even though there was no one else around to hear her. She held the letter in her left hand, which had a map marking her destination. She wasn't quite certain where she was in relation to her destination. Her direction skills weren't the greatest, but she knew she was in the right general area. She certainly hoped she wasn't lost. She got lost last year and, for that reason--among others--she was denied admission to the academy. She was determined not to get denied again. "I think it's just over that small hill there."
    Last edited by Jason Sanborn; 02-05-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

The sheep faunus in her dark cloak strides confidently through the wood, using her staff to keep her footing through the uneven roots and brambles of the forest floor. She has her invitation and the map tucked away in a pocket - woods and fields don't hold any fear for her, and she can navigate by the stars. She'd have been no good to her flock without such skills. Other people, though, that's a different story. She makes her way toward the forest clearing marked out on the map warily, suspecting that the test might be a surprise. Her crooked shepherd's staff glows faintly with dust from its mechanised segments, ready to change to suit her needs at a moment's notice.

When she hears another voice, she vaults into the clearing to find... a catgirl? As she comes to a quick stop, she shakes the glowing, segmented whip in her hands and it pulls itself back together into the sheperd's staff. Great, are they lumping all the faunus together? she thinks to herself, but she offers Artemis a smile as she throws her hood back. It reveals her curling ram's horns, the mark of her own faunus heritage, along with her curly, snow-white hair bound into two shoulder-length pigtails, and wide blue eyes. "Looking for the exam?" she asks brightly.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Amber

Amber heard a sound behind her and quickly sprung into action. She jumped and turned her body around in the air. The map blows away, temporarily forgotten as she dropped it, grabbed Realta from her belt, felt it unfold, and pulled back the string. An arrow of electricity appeared where a normal arrow would have been, had it been an ordinary bow. Before she fires, though, she sees that the noise came from a sheep faunus who vaulted into the clearing.

"Oh! A faunus!" she says standing from the crouched position she landed in. The arrow dissipated as she moved the string back into a straight position, without releasing it. "Sorry, you startled me." She blushed slightly and flicks her wrist to fold the bow and reattach it to her belt. "Yeah, I'm going to be a huntress." She looked around, wondering where the wind took the map to. "Except I seem to have lost my map." She sighed.
    ...to the topTop

Hearing the sound of voice, a young brown haired man stumbles out of the brush. He might look cool for a moment before he snags on a branch and fumbles back into the bush. "I'm OK!!" He yells as he plants his staff and pulls himself up with a few leaves in his hair. The shades he was wearing sit a bit off and show his red eyes. He looks at the girls and waves at them. "Hello, there. I'm Sebastian, your student adviser. I must say I wasn't really...." He pauses for a few "Give me a second." and gestures a bit. "I practiced this. I swear." He looks around. "There should be more of you."
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sanborn View Post
    Amber

Amber heard a sound behind her and quickly sprung into action. She jumped and turned her body around in the air. The map blows away, temporarily forgotten as she dropped it, grabbed Realta from her belt, felt it unfold, and pulled back the string. An arrow of electricity appeared where a normal arrow would have been, had it been an ordinary bow. Before she fires, though, she sees that the noise came from a sheep faunus who vaulted into the clearing.

"Oh! A faunus!" she says standing from the crouched position she landed in. The arrow dissipated as she moved the string back into a straight position, without releasing it. "Sorry, you startled me." She blushed slightly and flicks her wrist to fold the bow and reattach it to her belt. "Yeah, I'm going to be a huntress." She looked around, wondering where the wind took the map to. "Except I seem to have lost my map." She sighed.
    Albina relaxes her own weapon as well, letting it collapse back into her crooked shepherd's staff. "Don't worry. The way is pretty easy to follow from here. Just head south, and you can't miss the capital." She seems thoroughly confident in the correct definition of 'south' as well. "You're headed to Liddle? Me too. I'm Albina."

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
    Hearing the sound of voice, a young brown haired man stumbles out of the brush. He might look cool for a moment before he snags on a branch and fumbles back into the bush. "I'm OK!!" He yells as he plants his staff and pulls himself up with a few leaves in his hair. The shades he was wearing sit a bit off and show his red eyes. He looks at the girls and waves at them. "Hello, there. I'm Sebastian, your student adviser. I must say I wasn't really...." He pauses for a few "Give me a second." and gestures a bit. "I practiced this. I swear." He looks around. "There should be more of you."
    Albina chews on her finger and giggles as she watches him stumble about, then helps him finally escape the bushes by offering her shepherd's crook to take hold of. "Well, maybe they were eaten by the vicious shrubbery..." She gives him an apologetic look after blurting it out, but she just couldn't help it.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Amber

Amber put her hand to her mouth to try to hold back the giggling as Sebastian stumbled through the brush, seeing the boy covered in leaves. She could no longer hold back her laugh when Albina mentioned they were eaten by the shrubbery.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to laugh," she says, biting her lower lip and trying to compose herself. "I'm Amber. I just came here from Liddle. I'm on my way to the entrance exam for the Academy, out here in the woods somewhere. If you're both here, I guess this is the right spot? How many others are supposed to be here with us?"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Kinpatsu "Kin" Benzaiten

Kinpatsu walked through the woods, twirling a small branch in her hand. The woods have been fairy quiet as she walked through them. It felt like there wasn't even much of a breeze to speak of. Seemed kind of ominous to her, when she thought about it. Maybe it was just quiet from the noise made by other potential students walking through the forest. That does tend to keep most animals at bay. Grimm, though, weren't ordinary animals. Sounds would attract them, not scare them away.

A little ways ahead of her, she heard some people talking. Other students, undoubtedly. She gave a sigh and figured she might as well go meet them. She arrived in the clearing in time to hear Amber laughing at boy stumbling through the brush. She had to admit, he did look comical covered in the leaves, looking a bit clumsy. Her appearance, though, did not show her amusement. She had a fairly neutral expression on her face as she looked at the two faunus girls and the human boy. Her deep blue eyes, the color of the ocean, looks over each of them studying them from the distance. She continued to twirl the branch in her hand as she walked into the clearing.

"It's not very polite to laugh at the misfortune of others," she said as she came into view.
    ...to the topTop

Sebastian sighs and focusing on not looking at the girls. Not out of rudeness but more to not get tongue tied. "There should be five of you total and once all here, I observe you in a light fight. And um, sorry, I'm not good at talking to girls. Sorry. But hey, I'm on time so that counts right?"
    ...to the topTop

Albina turns to the newcomer and blushes, which stands out all the more against her snow-white hair. "You're right, but he's just so adorably clumsy!" she says with a wink. "I'm Albina, by the way. Are you here for the test? Dare we hope the last two will make it?"
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast