Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Optimus Prime

Saber Vortex

Optimus didn't think stopping the Family of War would be easy. In fact, he thought it would be very dangerous. It wouldn't be like the Saber Vortex, on Arena, they'd have to be careful at all times. It would be very easy to forget everyone else and just focus on themselves and the Saber Vortex. But that wouldn't be right. After everything Gossamer and Nicolai said that the Family did...He wouldn't be able to sleep easy at night knowing innocent people were suffering. Plus, he wanted to help his uncle find his missing daughters. Perhaps this talisman would help.

Optimus smiled when the couple brought up wanting to be married before leaving for the trip.

"That sounds like a great idea. I'd be honored to be there. You're more then welcome to use a room in the palace if you want."

He was sure the wedding wasn't going to be anything grand. Even if there was more time, he didn't see Gossamer or Nicolai needed that. But he was starting to consider his own home, the home of his new friends too.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 02-04-2018 at 02:38 PM.

...to the topTop

Doviana

Elysia: The Secundae Orphanage

"I believe you."

About the Family of War could be dangerous enemies, that was. Doviana was shocked but didn't express it that Gardenia didn't think her daughter was worth fighting for. Poor Gossamer, she thought. Her own mother wouldn't even fight for her happiness. The goddess nodded her head.

"You're welcome and I'll have her stuff boxed up for you and ready."

And waiting by the front door so she wouldn't have to talk to anyone else associated with this awful Family for much longer. Doviana saw the woman out and later, when the kids were all occupied, what an awful person she thought Gardenia was to Trenton.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 02-04-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Sojourn & Cid

Saber Vortex

It wasn't going to be safe or easy. But often times the right thing to do was also the hardest. Sojourn wasn't going to let people she cared about go off into danger and not come with them. And Cid was willing to do anything to find out what happened to Hebe and Athena. Plus, with all the things going on in Arena...He needed to stop his family members before more people were hurt.

Sojourn and Cid both smiled when Gossamer and Nicolai said they were getting married before they all left.

"That's a great idea. I'm very happy to be invited."

Cid said and Sojourn added.

"Yes, I'd love to come and share in your special day."
    ...to the topTop

Gossamer and Nicolai

Saber Vortex

The day they had dreamed about for so long had finally come. It was a simple wedding. Gossamer wore an elegant but unembellished white dress, and Nicolai was in a borrowed suit. Only three guests had been invited, Optimus, Sojourn, and Sid. Neither the bride's family nor the groom's family had been informed that the marriage would be taking place.

Gossamer and Nicolai had taken Optimus up on his offer to use a room in the palace for the ceremony, and they stood before the chancellor to say their vows. By the time they had finished, both Gossamer and Nicolai had tears of joy in their eyes. They kissed for the first time as husband and wife - then hugged, clinging to each other. Finally, they felt as if nothing could tear them apart.

There had been nothing showy in their wedding, nothing to attract attention. It was perfect, just the way they wanted it.

"Thank you for coming," Gossamer told Optimus, Sojourn, and Cid. "And thank you for helping us make this happen."

They were promised to each other forever, for better or worse. They would be a family, the two of them and their baby-to-be. It was what Gossamer and Nicolai had wanted more than anything else. No matter what challenges lay ahead, they would always be grateful for this day.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea
    ...to the topTop

Optimus Prime

Saber Vortex

Optimus told Gossamer and Nicolai to just ask for anything they needed for their wedding. It was a simple ceremony but a nice one. Sometimes the nicest things in the world, were the simplest ones. He held onto Sojourn's hand with a smile as they watched their friends get married by the chancellor, who would be in charge of the planet while the group was away. When the couple was announced husband and wife, Optimus clapped happily for them.

"You're very welcome."

He told them. He almost wished them a lifetime of happiness together, but since tomorrow they would be heading for Arena, who knew how long a lifetime would be. At least they had had today, though. And the lord of the Saber Vortex could tell today was the best day in both their lives. That night, Optimus walked Sojourn to her room and told her.

"Whatever happens in Arena, I want you to know I really care about you. I'll do whatever I can to protect you when we get there."
    ...to the topTop

Sojourn & Cid

Saber Vortex

It was a simple but beautiful wedding ceremony. It definitely suited the couple, both Sojourn and Cid thought. Sojourn had to wipe away a few happy tears during it and she clapped loudly along with Optimus and Cid when it was over.

"You're welcome, it was beautiful."

Sojourn told the newlyweds with a smile and Cid nodded his head in agreement. He was very happy for Gossamer and Nicolai and thought it was wise that they married before heading to Arena. Tomorrow they would be heading to Arena to look for the talisman that could grant wishes. It would be a dangerous mission. Today, though, was to celebrate the union of true love and it was a good day. That night, Sojourn smiled to Optimus as he walked her back to her room.

"I care about you a lot too, Optimus. And I'll do what I can protect you as well."

She leaned up and gave him a kiss. While it was new, Sojourn did care a lot about Optimus. She'd be devastated if anything ever happened to him.

------------

The next morning, the group was ready to head to Arena. Cid remembered the papers he had about Sojourn's adoption file. He should give them to her when they returned, he thought. She had to the right to know but he thought that the information on them would distract her from her mission. Distraction would be bad, people could get killed. He had no doubt his children and grandchildren would kill him just as easily as his wife and brother. Just as he knew Phobos would kill Gossamer and Nicolai for what they had done. Optimus and Sojourn would be collateral damage, guilty by associated. Cid looked at the others.

"We all ready to go?"

Sojourn nodded her head she was, gripping her bow tightly. She was nervous about what would happen in Arena but she still wanted to go. She had to help her friends. Cid looked at his nephew and told him telepathically.

~Keep a sharp mind and keep Sojourn close to you. Don't forget you're not in charge in Arena. They are and we have to stick together.~
    ...to the topTop

Optimus Prime

Saber Vortex

"I know you will."

Optimus replied to Sojourn with a smile. He knew she's tried to protect him too. In the short time he had known her, he knew she was as brave as she was beautiful. Optimus returned her kiss and hoped luck would be on their side in Arena.

-------------

The next morning was more grim. Everyone knew Arena was dangerous and the gods that ruled it was their enemies. Gone was the safety of the Saber Vortex. Optimus Prime had spent his whole being in charge of where he lived, it would be an adjustment to be in that world. He was not the ruler of Arena, he was an enemy there. Still, he nodded his head to his uncle.

"I'm ready too."

He had his father's sword with him. He replied telepathically to Cid.

~I won't forget and I won't let her out of my sight. Don't worry, Uncle. We'll get the talisman and help the innocent people of Arena and worlds ruled by it too.~

While they were going to Arena for the talisman, they had to help to people under the Family of War's rule too. No one deserved to live like that anymore.
    Last edited by Sojourn; 02-04-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Gossamer and Nicolai

Saber Vortex

It was hard to believe they were really married. Gossamer lay in bed with Nicolai, their arms around each other. "I love you," she said. It was wonderful to say it out loud and not worry about who heard. It was amazing to know that she and Nicolai had made promises to each other for good. That they were husband and wife now, and their baby would have them both.

"I love you too," Nicolai said. "Forever and ever."

This night was special. They'd had many nights together, but this was their first night of married life. They planned to make the most of every moment.

Morning eventually, came, though. After they woke, they spent a few more minutes in each other's arms. They weren't eager for what was to come - but it still had to be done. Their greetings to the others were a little muted when they all met up. They were resolved, though. One way or another, this was the time when the tyranny of the Family of War would end.

Continued: http://quarrelsandquills.com/showthr...l=1#post237061
    Last edited by Sojourn; 02-04-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    ...to the topTop

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920